Traffic light settings

Valentine

The lights at the T junction of Chao Fa West & Kwang Rd are just ridiculous now. When southbound traffic gets the green light the northbound light stays on red so quite often ends up with a fair line up waiting. I realise there will be vehicles wanting to make a U turn there but surely they could have it set so both ways can move forward at the same time then activate a right green arrow for the U turners on the southbound lane & for those from the northbound side wanting to turn into Kwang Rd. Seems simple to me, maybe I am missing something. It did take about 3 years to get the best configuration at the Central junction even though it was obvious to anyone but a blind man.

Edited by Valentine

Now they have built the new central reservation to the north, what choice is there?

There is no right turn light southbound at this junction, so this half baked solution is as good as it gets from now on.

This road is getting more and more stupid, soon it will be quicker to use Choafa East/Phuket Town to go North, not to mention the Lotus junction will be insane and cancel out any gain from Central Underpass for at least another 18 months.

I noticed this a week ago and I commented indirectly about this on another thread. I'm sure they do this so the police can take control of the lights at peak times, giving them a nice, easy, lazy job to do.

Edited by madmitch

The lights that really piss me off along this area, are he ones at Phuket Villa 5 (?). Near the big school.

I was caught there twice this week. The main north-south highway is held up for about 50 seconds each time to allow one car, or bike, out from a gated community. Ludicrous!

The lights that really piss me off along this area, are he ones at Phuket Villa 5 (?). Near the big school.

I was caught there twice this week. The main north-south highway is held up for about 50 seconds each time to allow one car, or bike, out from a gated community. Ludicrous!

If going north I don't stop there, unless somebody is coming from those 'villa's'.