600cc superbikes. Why none?

mataleo

because due to high taxes, difference between a 600 cc supersport and 1000 cc superbike is making around a mere 100 k.

So, for example you pay 800 k for a yamaha R1 and 700 k for an R6 as price difference is around 3000 USD normally so everybody goes for a liter bike and brands also focus on literbikes.

because due to high taxes, difference between a 600 cc supersport and 1000 cc superbike is making around a mere 100 k.

So, for example you pay 800 k for a yamaha R1 and 700 k for an R6 as price difference is around 3000 USD normally so everybody goes for a liter bike and brands also focus on literbikes.

Ic

But check this

Google D1 motorbikes bangkok. Its dealer.

Look price for ninja zx10r

Its 700k+

Its usa import

Im not sure but i think its very similar price to usa and uk price...

Ic

But check this

Its 700k+

Its usa import

700 k THB is 21,500 USD and kawa zx10r is going for around 13,000 - 14,000 USD in USA.

Edited by ll2

Ic

But check this

Its 700k+

Its usa import

700 k THB is 21,500 USD and kawa zx10r is going for around 13,000 - 14,000 USD in USA.

Is it

In uk its 13.199£ thats around 700k

http://www.kawasaki.co.uk/en/products/supersport/2014/ninja_zx-10r/overview?Uid=0559WlhZW1laWFpaWllfWV9aW1xbRg0GRT0j

Been waiting for zx6r full electronic, but never made an appearance. Really not interested in the Ninja 650 ABS.

Yeh.

Bikes they sell here are crappy

Ninja 650

Cbr 650f

And then jump to 1000cc

No 600cc

I got ninja 300 but would upgrade in future.

But i dont want anything big and heavy...

There is little choice.

May b naked ducatti monster around 500k looks like best choice.

Panigale is nice and light but 900k for 899cc i think...

I think 600cc would be very good here with that traffics ..

Surprised no one spoted niche and jump on it...

it depends.

japanese bikes are cheaper due to Thai-Japanese trade agreement.

So, percentages vary but yes, dealers sure get a good percentage.

With 77% duty + shipping cost and prices they buy in usa and sell here i dont see how they make any good profit on bike.

my guess is 50k

77%×15000$= 11550$ duty.....

So yeh must pay less then that...

And u sell bike not everyday too...

Edited by mataleo

How much of a hassle would be getting one over the border from Malaysia?

i realize your still up for all the taxes and all that, but at least you can buy cbr600s there and you wont end up with half the bike missing by the time it gets out of BK customs?

• Like 1

Having had both a GSXR 600 and 750, you really want the bigger model... You wouldn't think 150cc would make that much of a difference, but it does... My 2 satang...

My brother got gsxr 750 in uk so i know the bike. Its monster.... Edited by mataleo

Litre bikes are circa 800k baht, up to 1,000,000 baht plus for the s1000rr.

The Honda is cheaper but it's restricted and no electronics package to speak of.

Best bet for a 600 is RedBaron, they had a gsxr600 2012 model (I think) for about 530k for ages. It was a great deal, kind of wish I bought it to be honest. 600cc inline 4's are great for Thailand, a but revvy on the highway but awesome around town and in the twisties.

The 899 Panigale is 750k and hits that sweet spot between the 600cc and litre bikes IMO. Good local service network and excellent electronics package.

You want something mainly for city riding, that's powerful, light and "reasonably priced"?

Not much choice if you want to buy new. Ducati Monster or Hypermotard, or Yamaha FZ09. If you don't put so much emphasis on 'light' then Kawa Z800 is well worth looking at.

The Honda is cheaper but it's restricted and no electronics package to speak of.

Best bet for a 600 is RedBaron, they had a gsxr600 2012 model (I think) for about 530k for ages. It was a great deal, kind of wish I bought it to be honest. 600cc inline 4's are great for Thailand, a but revvy on the highway but awesome around town and in the twisties.

The 899 Panigale is 750k and hits that sweet spot between the 600cc and litre bikes IMO. Good local service network and excellent electronics package.

Thx

Is it red dragon got webpage

But still 2012 is 3 year old bike. I pass

Panigale is 900k+ i think.

Its very light bike thats nice thing about it. 170kg i think

Thx

Is it red dragon got webpage

But still 2012 is 3 year old bike. I pass

Panigale is 900k+ i think.

Its very light bike thats nice thing about it. 170kg i think

It's RedBaron not Red Dragon and yes they have a webpage.

It would be almost 3 years old now, but it wasn't when it was for sale.

the 899 Panigale is 749,000 baht.

• Like 1

Yes Panigale is agout same price then zx10r no abs..

I would go for Panigale.

I think its bike to go for in this circumstances. .

Ducattis...

Good luck with the purchase Bro smile.png

thx

u got one ?

whats that in ur avatar? ur bike?