Police say motorcyclist skids and falls to his death from Don Muang tollway

webfact

Police say motorcyclist skids and falls to his death from tollway

3-11-2557-14-52-22-wpcf_728x406.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Vibhavadi Rangsit police said the security guard of a private company who fell to his death from Don Muang tollway on the Ngam Wongwan intersection Sunday evening was not a car accident.

The man, Saneh Namkaeo, fell from the tollway on to the ground near Ngamwongwan ramp. He died instantly.

Earlier police suspected he might be hit by a car while riding on his motorcycle to work at Ngamwongwan.

However after inspecting the CCTV cameras on the tollway, police found he secretly slipped onto the tollway from Lardprao during heavy rain yesterday.

Police found his motorcycle on the tollway near the Ngamwongwan ramp.

There was trace of his motorcycle skidding and crashing into the tollway wall.

Police said it wasn’t immediately known if he was drunk or how he managed to enter the tollway despite that motorcycle is banned on tollway.

But he might slip in during the rain, police said.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-say-motorcyclist-skids-falls-death-tollway/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-11-03

• Like 1

Pathetic comments.

A man has lost his life through a tragic accident. He may have young children, a wife, elderly parents whom he was supporting.

He might even have been the "brother" of someones wife!!whistling.gif

• Like 1

Pathetic comments.

A man has lost his life through a tragic accident. He may have young children, a wife, elderly parents whom he was supporting.

It was no accident that he chose to do what he did. wai2.gifwai.gif

It was an accident. He did not chose to slip and fall.

Let's say that your wife and child are standing on the side of the road, waiting to cross the street at a zebra crossing. An out of control truck slams into them and crushes their skulls. Can I say that it was no accident and that they chose to be standing there?

Pathetic comments.

Let's say that your wife and child are standing on the side of the road, waiting to cross the street at a zebra crossing. An out of control truck slams into them and crushes their skulls. Can I say that it was no accident and that they chose to be standing there?

"...after inspecting the CCTV cameras on the tollway, police found he secretly slipped onto the tollway." wai2.gifwai.gif

"...despite that motorcycle is banned on tollway."

Have a bit of trouble with reading comprehension do you?

facepalm.gif

Edited by iReason
  • Like 2

Pathetic comments.

"...after inspecting the CCTV cameras on the tollway, police found he secretly slipped onto the tollway." wai2.gifwai.gif

facepalm.gif

No, no trouble with my comprehension, thank you.

It's obvious you don't ride a bike. Many over and under passes in Bkk are banned for motorcycles - despite that, many motorcycles still go on them. If you ride, you will understand why.

Nevertheless, banned or not, he slipped and fell. That's an accident, regardless of how you want to view it.

• Like 1

So no problem here. Its easy to (slip) onto the tollway late at night and in the rain. Where was the person manning the tollbooth he slippes through? Being those booths are under cover and protected from the rain that makes this one of the lamest excuses for sleeping on the job that i ever heard.

Where is the accountability for a lost life all because he was given the opportunity to have access up there with his motorbike.

So now, instead of assuming any responsibility for neglecting to even see this man pass by him, he blames the rain. Truly he is home now showin his thai smile with a clear conscience.

• Like 1

And of course......nothing to do with the barriers being so low on these on ramps and U turns.........even cars have been seen to fall off them!

Just another example of substandard Thai engineering design, so common here...this is meant to be a safety barrier (that this poor guy went over)......and designed (supposedly) exclusively to prevent these types of occurrences....!!

Edited by ChrisY1
  • Like 2

Is the explanation that it wasn't a car accident but that he "secretly" "slipped" (yes, deserves two quotes ) supposed to prove.... what?? Bib working hard? Make us feel better? Do worry about it? What does that mean??????

Pathetic comments.

facepalm.gif

i

And who is responsible for letting people get away with breaking the law? This motorcycle was one of thousands.

Pathetic comments.

He was also a total idiot and paid the maximum price, case closed.

• Like 1

Pathetic comments.

He was also a total idiot and paid the maximum price, case closed.

and howe many times you act like a total idiot, but got away with it.

Sometimes its an accident other times its some guy being really stupid. Was in that area a week ago in a taxi with my wife was raining and some guy on big bike came racing by and cutting across path of taxi and other cars. People were honking their horns and our driver said did you see that idiot. Sometimes you take a chance and pay a price.

again a bunch of whiners, never have i known so many visa lawbreakers complain about a dead guys sneaking on the hiway, how dare him. i can understand why thais do not like "whites". hell i am white and i dont like the gaggle of old fart gossip mongers complaining every day about everything. dudes loosen up the seat belts on your barstools, i think your getting gas :-)

• Like 2

Pathetic comments.

Agreed it is tragic, he also was not supposed to be on the tollway in the first place and would void any insurance.... even more of a tragedy for his family if he actually had insurance ( which is doubtful )

Pathetic comments.

Agreed it is tragic, he also was not supposed to be on the tollway in the first place and would void any insurance.... even more of a tragedy for his family if he actually had insurance ( which is doubtful )

Why is it doubtful, what do you know about this man?