What would you suggest for a single guy in his 50's

David48

Just spread the word and stand back. The ensuing feeding frenzy will make a geat white shark attack look like an anorexic's tea party

I do think that you overestimate our desirability.

Maybe you are a very hansum man though ... rolleyes.gif

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am nearly done with my book, HOW TO STAY MARRIED TO A THAI WOMAN. Contact me in a few weeks and I will give you a copy. Give me your email and I will send you relevant finished chapters. This is a long answer type of question.

Certainly ... I'll have a read ... keep me in mind when it's finished.

Use the interweb , you can cut through the dross and find some gooduns.

Did this 9 years ago and married 8 years now. Still see two other girls I met way back then who are now married also.

As a bonus the Wife has no parents which helps a lot here from some of what i read.

An probably no relatives at all, then it a great deal!!??? thumbsup.gif

This is my first ever post on Thai Visa so if I break any rules please tell me quietly and I promise not to do it again. I am in my 50's, living in Thailand (Bangkok) and am happilly single.

The easy way to get started is Tagged. This website will get you very frustrated and you will have many no shows for initial meetings. Why. Because tagged is a social networking site not a dating site. I have met many nice girls through facebook but they are nice friends not potential wife material.

Once you start building a nucleus of friends as a newbie in Thailand you will be amazed as to where single Thai girls appear from. I make no judgement on your morals but I see many ladies hanging around in Expat Pubs (Kiwi Soi 8, No Idea Soi 22, Chequers Soi 4, ((no hostesses there just service staff)), Pickled Liver Soi 7/1 and the Aussie Bar in Soi 11 who all want Farang boyfriends. That is the equivalent of a 25 year old man in the west going out every friday night to a club trying to pull. It is a bit of a lottery but you might get lucky.

A targeted approach is to use a dating service. Thai friendly is one of the better known ones. Alomost every single (unmarried) woman I know has a profile on these sites. They are free for women and minimal in cost for men. The only problem with a dating site is that anyone can pretend to be anyone and there is no guarantee the person at the other end of the profile is a genuine person or indeed that the photos they send you are not 10 years or 20 kilos ago

By far the most targeted approach is a marriage agency. A good one will have over 100,000 profiles (not necessarilly all in Thailand) of unmarried women looking for genuine husbands. The best in Thailand is www.Thailandwomen.com which is part of the much larger A Foreign Affair group. Search for exactly what you want. I mean exactly and refine the search until you have a lsit of no more than 10 women in your city that you genuinely want to meet. Then just do it. If private messages are allowed on this forum then Private message me and I will help further.

I hope i was of some help on the orginal question. I would welcome feedback Positive or Negative on my post as long as it is constructive.

Have a Nice day

I would recommend also "Date in Asia" free for both sides.

Anyway there is no guarantee to find a livetime partner, like in any other dating site.

You have also golddiggers there, like in any other dating site too, but you have to move on,

it's plenty of nice shags in there, on the hard way to getting married. whistling.gif

Don't spend 1 coin on any dating site or any recommendations of friends, take it easy and enjoy the hard way to your goal.thumbsup.gif

Dear OP, Is your single friend 50's also stupid? If he not stupid can not have Thai wife then.

regards,

happy.png

Would he be the sort of person you would be interested in?

Sure but for that age i dont want to disturb. Next time i hope you have a single friend age 30's for me.

:-)

I really do hope this is civil as requested. I consider it ok.

What would you suggest for a single guy in his 50's........ how about a pair of 30 something Bi twins ??

Just a thought.

Hehe man they would blow him probably to hell in the frist meeting!!??? giggle.gif

OP needs to post a bit more info. Does the fella want to relocate to Thailand, or bring her home. Is a wife with a child ok or not? These are important questions.

As for the request for rules, there's Rule #1:

You can take the girl out of the bar, but you can never take the bar out of the girl.

Other rules in no particular order:

If she's young, unmarried, has a college degree then expect to pay sin sot. If the fella doesn't buy into the sin sot frame of mind go to the Philippines. Seriously, one must really understand the social structure, especially vis a vis money and generosity.

Speaking of money, the Thai culture is all about status, always has been (historically) always will be. Which brings me to second MrFarouk's post "go to the Philippines." (Back a page). Adding that there one too must understand the culture to a great degree.

Find someone who speaks fairly good English already or who is working diligently to attain such a skill. You will never learn Thai. (Ok, there are exceptions but not many)

Find someone who has compatible interests and goals. If you are college educated you would be wise to expect the same, or at least someone who expresses an interest in such goals.

Move to Chiang mai and live there a year. Avoid Phuket and the tourist traps and I'll say avoid Bkk also.

Find someone whose mom and dad you like.

Hi Guys, a general recommendation of an wise old Man: facepalm.gif

For any Girl/Lady/Wife etc. you have to pay soon or later, the question is how much.

Don't be desperate in any decisions about this subject, prove yourself what you want.

Stay in freedom and peace alone, or take the risk to getting married.

This decision have to be made on the first hand not everybody is made for a long term relationship on both sides.

For me mission accomplished.

Carpe diem.wai2.gif

Find someone who speaks fairly good English already or who is working diligently to attain such a skill. You will never learn Thai. (Ok, there are exceptions but not many)

Probably the worst advice given so far.

Thai girls who speak English usually have high expectations and an unsavory past.

I can speak english nid noi and i expect stupid farang.

Lol...

• Like 2

Learn the Thai language.Thai people in general really enjoy A farang that can speak fluent Thai.If you do that there are so many

Single women 25-45 in Thailand it's unbelievable.Stay away fromm farang bars,thai bars,thai discos.

You will find A mate in no time.Learn to speak Thai.

• Like 1

In Thailand, don't look.

When people start popping into your life, rule out the ones you would not date wherever you came from.

Job

Stability

Family

Ability to communicate

Friends

Alcohol

Drugs

Insanity

Take your time. Get to know the person. Getting laid should not be part of the initial equation.

are you suppose to tick or un-tick the boxes!?

Trouble is when you talk about females, can have or not have all the above but the insanity is almost always s given :0)

• Like 2

To the lady thai who post above ^^:

i met someone like you once but it didnt work out as i speak thai which did not go down to well. She also said she wanted stupid farang, which i thought i did qualify by the reason that i did take her on.

something about being able to bullshit in pasa angrit but not in thai. I do not know why as most thai i have met are able to bullshit in any language.

oh well she did not tell me i hansum man or have big pee pee so i guess she got that right :0(

i think i did meet u or someone like you.but look nothing like the pic in your profile

It didnt work out for the same reason...lady wanted s stupid farang and because i speak thai u was out..

Something about being able to bullshit in english but not thai, right?

Edited by tingtongtourist

Embrace the concept of the "power of NO". If you have any funds, require your signature and approval of brother or someone you trust to transfer significant amount. Never play with more than you can afford to lose. Be wary of those looking for you....

I have had reason to visit a family member in the big hospital in Chiang Mai. (Maharaj). I usually go for a break in the excellent coffee shop there. I think on about 4 occasions I have been sat there, and chatted up (in English) by some very attractive nurses. After a bit of "where are you from" etc chat, they usually float the question if I'm attached/married or not. I say I am, and they look crestfallen. It just strikes me that if I were a free agent, this would be a great place to break new ground. I'm sure within a day, one could fix a date. No problem.

Nurses...

after they realise that they can not pull a Doctor (most are gay or married to an other Doc or Pharmacist), they start to get desperate...

OP needs to post a bit more info.

I'm the OP.

I wrote the OP because it was a genuine post by a new member.

That new member is reading the thread, so your information is being passed on.

Apparently, coincidently, he is looking to live @ Chiang Mai

Dear OP, Is your single friend 50's also stupid? If he not stupid can not have Thai wife then.

regards,

happy.png

Would he be the sort of person you would be interested in?

Sure but for that age i dont want to disturb. Next time i hope you have a single friend age 30's for me.

Dear Miss otocheater, it must difficult for you as a single Thai Mother in her 30's with two kids to be able to attract attention from a Western man also in his 30's?

But, then I remembered a friend of MissFarmGirl. Her friend, is latish(ish) 30's, average looks, had 4 kids, different fathers in Thailand (don't know if they were all different).

She met a Pom in his 30's, he fell in love, as for her, I don't know.

They got hitched, moved to Australia had a kid together (not sure in which order). Their young daughter is a little treasure, great personality, cute as a button. They seem happy together.

He's a heck of a nice bloke. The 4 Thai kids remain in Thailand. Hate to think how much he has to send to her Family back in Thailand. I've never asked ... none of my business.

So, maybe yours is not just a dream, but could happen.

Can't go wrong with a Polish bird.

Visa for your home country easy to obtain too.

As you sound like a Polish bird expert and there is no such thing as a Polvisa what's your advice? I would have thought it's hard as pols freely go to UK these days. My ex was a Pol, certainly not easy to pull, I'd like to meet another, maybe easier in Poland? Not easy in UK they seem to keep to their own mainly

I remember the first wave of Polish barmaids....omg....cute doesn't cut it....now they just send the bricklayers.

That's what the EU did for us.

Typical british statement any problem which appears on the island blame the EU for it whistling.gif

I remember the first wave of Polish barmaids....omg....cute doesn't cut it....now they just send the bricklayers.

That's what the EU did for us.

Typical british statement any problem which appears on the island blame the EU for it whistling.gif

Send some dirndl wearing beauties over then...not bloody Merkel!

• Like 1

window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());

It is important to take your time and remember that courtship is best foot forward - - you must see beyond that. Also important is to check out the family. Since it is oft spoken and oft true that we marry the family too, keep both eyes wide open when meeting them.
Introductions through friends are the best way. Learning and knowing something of the culture is very important too. If you want a happy marriage, you need a happy wife and that comes partly of a husband who understands what his wifes concerns in life are

ie - if her greatest concern is taking care of her parents and you meet them and say I am never going to give them a penny - you will not likely have a happy wife.

There will always be cultural issues on top of normal man/woman issues - be prepared to compromise and accept things that might not seem logical at first - - sometimes there is good logic embedded in Thai logic.

Checkout Vietnam, Cambodia, and the PI...take your time...do not rush into anything...and remember you can not own land in the Land of Smiles...

Yes, be patient. Take your time as you have many choices and options. Live here alone for awhile before having anyone move-in. Maybe a year or two and then another 2-3 years before making any commitments with a prenuptial contract. It's too easy to get infatuated here and when it's over you'll start thinking again. Takes time and it'll prevent you from running out of money on the wrong ones. Sometimes good things come to those who wait....

Edited by losgrad