Thai inflation rate contracted lowest in Oct

webfact

Inflation rate contracted lowest in Oct

BANGKOK, 4 November 2014 (NNT)-The Ministry of Commerce has revealed that the inflation rate has reached the lowest level in 12 months as gas prices have been declining and there are more fresh produces in the market.

According to the Ministry of Commerce, the consumer price index in October expanded by only 1.48% compared to the same period last year, the lowest rate in 12 months. The downward trend has already continued for 5 consecutive months.

It is said that decreasing gas prices and higher farm productivity were two major factors that caused the inflation rate to weaken. Inflation’s growth rate during the first ten months stands at 2.08%.

It has also been estimated that the inflation will slow down during the last two months of the year. However, the annual rate would still be at 2.14% which is in line with the Ministry’s estimate. The move to raise taxi fare in December is said to have little impact on the inflation as well.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-11-04 footer_n.gif

So far no impact at our local stores!!

Oil has gone down 25% since June, Any of you guys felt any relief at the pump??

Or maybe gasprices are not part of "Returning happiness to the people" programme??coffee1.gif

"Someone" are pocketing some hefty profits here!!

Given the initial stages of the Chinese real estate and banking bubble bursting already at hand and the near deflation in the EU, another dismal tourist season just might keep that inflation at very low levels for quite some time in Thailand, as a matter of fact deflation could be a very real possibility sad.png

Inflation rate is good @ 2.14% and CPI @ 1.8 % is good , your system of collecting information is the same as OZ , provided it has been done correctly there is nothing wrong with these figures, reputations follow everything including countries , are they a true reflection of what has been calculated, that is the sixty 4 million dollar question.

While the article talks overall inflation rate, some food items like Meats were up 8.3% and Prepared Foods 5.2%. See the Oct 14 stats at this Bank of Thailand webpage....look at the next to last column titled Oct14-Oct13. Partial cut and paste shown below. And package/contents size are continuing to shrink where a person needs to buy more to get the same amount as before...I wonder how the govt calculates that as an inflation factor.

post-55970-0-43299700-1415085115_thumb.j

While the article talks overall inflation rate, some food items like Meats were up 8.3% and Prepared Foods 5.2%. See the Oct 14 stats at this Bank of Thailand webpage....look at the next to last column titled Oct14-Oct13. Partial cut and paste shown below. And package/contents size are continuing to shrink where a person needs to buy more to get the same amount as before...I wonder how the govt calculates that as an inflation factor.

"In Thailand, the most important categories in the consumer price index are Food (33 percent of total weight), Transportation and communication (27 percent of total weight) and Housing and furnishing (23.5 percent of total weight). Others include: Health care (7 percent); Recreation and education (5 percent), Electricity, fuel and water supply (5 percent) and Apparel and footwear (3 percent). This page provides - Thailand Inflation Rate - actual values, historical data, forecast, chart, statistics, economic calendar and news. Content for - Thailand Inflation Rate - was last refreshed on Tuesday, November 4, 2014. "

Source: http://www.tradingeconomics.com/thailand/inflation-cpi

A manipulated inflation faking it to be low. You just wait, play and mess with the free market, and it will hit you back real strong. When actual inflation is closer to 3% and you force the prices down deliberately, there's only a limit on how long 2% will last, before it swings up to 4% and above.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

If they're like most governments in the world, they take that into account.

Or maybe gasprices are not part of "Returning happiness to the people" programme??coffee1.gif

There's been a sharp drop in gas (petrol) prices in Chiang Mai.

A manipulated inflation faking it to be low. You just wait, play and mess with the free market, and it will hit you back real strong. When actual inflation is closer to 3% and you force the prices down deliberately, there's only a limit on how long 2% will last, before it swings up to 4% and above.

Specifics, please?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Specifics, please?

Did you study economics? If yes, then I'll explain it to you. If no, can't help you there.

Low inflation is not necessarily good:

Narrows profit margins for manufacturer/retailer

Forestall increases in real estate values

Cause a shift from home ownership to renting

Cause little or no pay raises.

Keeps wages low

Cause increased consumer debt that can trigger deflation

Discourage lending capital for development

Cause consumers to shift away from expensive items to cheaper ones

"Falling and low inflation can be very bad for an economy," Ex-US Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke.

There's been a sharp drop in gas (petrol) prices in Chiang Mai.

and a sharp increase in chang export at tesco express up 10%.cut down on the gas have you.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Specifics, please?

Did you study economics? If yes, then I'll explain it to you. If no, can't help you there.

Comments like yours make me suspect you're a fan of shadowstats. If so, I'm not the one in need of explaining. But yes, I've studied economics.

Specifics, please?

Comments like yours make me suspect you're a fan of shadowstats. If so, I'm not the one in need of explaining. But yes, I've studied economics.

Do you want me to pat you on your head, or will a clap do this time? The nation screams in awe that you have studied economics.

And no, we don't play shadowstats, if that's what you are into. Just different types of people.

Do you want me to pat you on your head, or will a clap do this time? The nation screams in awe that you have studied economics.

And no, we don't play shadowstats, if that's what you are into. Just different types of people.

I don't understand. You asked me if I studied economics, and I replied affirmatively. I didn't volunteer the information unasked for. You asked for it. So why the sarcasm?

I don't understand. You asked me if I studied economics, and I replied affirmatively. I didn't volunteer the information unasked for. You asked for it. So why the sarcasm?

How would I know you are mudscrubber?