Wing 41 Road Application pass now open

CMfoodie

Got my application submitted today. Super efficient and friendly staffers.

10 minutes and 65 baht. Ready for pick up in January.

Copies needed:

Car registration

Drivers License

Passport picture page

(Sign all copies at bottom) *** Copy machine not available there, so get them beforehand.

Get application form and pay 5 baht

Go out side in back where tables are set up. Fill out form. Have uniformed staff check form and copies. Then they stamp it.

Go back inside, go to window, give them paperwork and 60 baht.

They give you a reciept with date to pick up sticker.

Where does one go?

Thanks for the information.

The building on the right hand side three quarters of the way down the road coming from the airport side.

Just past the fuel station. But I think Tywais has all the relevant info even form downloads?

Ready in January and today in early November. Is this some indication of total vetting process or Thai inefficiency?

Could be the thousands of applications they deal with don't you think?

And it is not a right, just a very good service that is very useful to many.

What criteria must you meet to get the sticker?... Do you need to live in a certain area?...

The stickers are available only to a select few and the issuance is totally up to the discretion of the Air Force Officers in charge of the process. There is no one size fits all criteria.

What criteria must you meet to get the sticker?... Do you need to live in a certain area?...

The stickers are available only to a select few and the issuance is totally up to the discretion of the Air Force Officers in charge of the process. There is no one size fits all criteria.

How many applications are denied because someone is not part of the select few? Who are these select few?

I think there used to be a certain number that were issued each year and the applicant had to list a reason for the request on the application. This has been quite some time ago. Now there seems to be a lot more stickers issued. Tywais probably has some knowledge of the history of this.

I know in the past some people were issued stickers outside of the normal number to be issued because of help from certain people associated with the process.

Before the canal roads were finished and all the crossings put in, going through Wing 41 was a great time saver. After the canal road was finished and the crossings put in, I didn't find it any faster. Now, with increased traffic in Chiang Mai, I have used Wing 41 road at times to stay out of the traffic. That works because of my destinations. I don't think it is a solution for everyone.

In the late 90's and early 2000's, it was considered kind of a status symbol to have the sticker.... a lot less cars then and a lot less percentage of stickers issued.

Edited by hml367

BTW, thanks to the op for the reminder. Usually I start the topic as the secretary brings in a stack of forms for the staff which reminds me but she was late this year. For some reason last year they wanted a copy of my work permit. Perhaps to do with working at the university or not going in personally to submit the application.

This has got to put somebodies kids through college... coffee1.gif

Hello. If i could use that road, Wing 41, could i gain access to the StarDome golf course? Most of the SD traffic comes from off the moat road but if 2 ways in, that would save me much time and driving headache.

They closed that access a few years ago but you could check current status. It used to be one way access into but not out of Star Dome.

A couple of weeks ago the "back entrance" off the Wing 41 bypass road was open. No guard even. There might even be a sign on the bypass road. The turn-off is to the East, and you pass some football pitches on that road. Go all the way East to the end and turn left (North) and follow along past the guard shack into the golf club area.

If that entrance is closed just circle around out the airport to the south, past Immigration, at the AIrport Plaza intersection head back north and it wouldn't be very far to the front entrance.

Edited by Mapguy

Thanks Mapguy, it will be closed again very soon, just after all the folks read your post and start using it.

Fore!

That sounds a bit bitter, as though I were drawing attention to a hole in their fence which they will now rapidly close and electrify! rolleyes.gif

One way or the other, getting to the golf course via the WIng 41 bypass or taking the circuit around, as I have indicated, is probably simple enough for many people. Could make you late for your tee time by 5 minutes!biggrin.png

Does anyone know what time an application can be submitted? Last year, I think the times last year excluded something like Wednesday afternoons which is why I am asking... Thanks.

I found out by myself. Just fyi, the office is opened:

Mon - Fri 8am to noon

Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri 1pm to 4pm