Recommended Schools in Chiang Mai

stament

having absoulately no knowledge of the thai schooling set up , i just let my old gal do all the business,from kindergarden to the end of high school

along the way my daughter,always asked me for extra studies ,and courses ,which i happily payed for

during this time i always taken great interest,in her studies and gave her small rewards for every milestone that she acheived

just by attending a normal thai school, our daughter reached university status last year,at the kings uni at chiang rai on a scholarship scheme

she is now studying a 4 year aviation business course

her goal is to be, cabin crew with emirates

my post is to show that just a normal thai education can get u a long way in life,with hard work of course

• Like 2

That is very true--EvenStevens--and I wish your daughter all the very best of luck; as long as the child has a very good grasp of writing and reading Thai language, and all it's grammar, etc.. there is absolutely no reason why they should not progress through the Thai education system to a Thai University; whether, at the end of the day, in the current job market, that Thai University degree carries as much weight as a foreign University degree--who knows?

Edited by haybilly

There are three or four school vans in our moo baan every morning (reverse in late afternoon) picking up kids, some just toddlers. Given the behaviors of these drivers just within our village it amazes me that anybody would allow their kids to be in the hands of these morons.

...does that say anything about the school that employs them???

Of course it does. It shows they don't give safety much priority.

My daughters told me yesterday their primary school does fire and safety drills at least every month, which is great and should be mandatory for any school.

I then asked my son about his high school and he said they have never done one.

I will be asking today why they don't do them.

You have to stand up when it comes to safety. This Thai Krieng Jai thing is all sweet and everything but it gets in the way of progress and safety at times.

Is there any published independent school rankings available in Thailand? I did seach Mr Google and Thai Visa and found one quite dated thread but it didn't cover International or Bilingual schools.

Does anyone know of any published list?

Hey AoA, why belittle the dreams and abilities of others, esp youngsters? Negative comments to kids are very counter productive. If you think growing up female in Thailand is easy these days, i suggest you open your eyes to see the pressures kids live under every day.

Hey AoA, why belittle the dreams and abilities of others, esp youngsters? Negative comments to kids are very counter productive. If you think growing up female in Thailand is easy these days, i suggest you open your eyes to see the pressures kids live under every day.

Fathers should use their time to raise their children's aspirations.

For example,

"So dear, you want to be an air hostess (aka waitress), why not train to be the pilot, that looks much more interesting."

I would then be aiming her at the Thai air force as a career path.

But yeah, if you aren't really interested, or are too lazy, just say well done to whatever silly notions they have and hand over some more money.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Well, the preface did make it sound like the girl was destined for something more than asking "tea or coffee, sir?" high up in the air, so I'd have to admit I was kind of thinking something similar myself.

• Like 1