what is wrong with dairy queen staff.

meatboy

I honestly have never looked at those girls of DQ, but i always see the fat ones going there to buy icecream and that makes me chuckle.

I brought an icecream machine into Thailand myself and just yoghurt with namdocmai is good enough for us, i like my queen to stay slim thats why.

I hope you're making your own yoghurt too!

I honestly have never looked at those girls of DQ, but i always see the fat ones going there to buy icecream and that makes me chuckle.

I brought an icecream machine into Thailand myself and just yoghurt with namdocmai is good enough for us, i like my queen to stay slim thats why.

Not anymore because it goes wrong sometimes. Like now it is too cold for that i guess, it needs to be warmer then 32 for many hours.

We like that bulgarian yoghurt from 711, do you know how to make that one as nice as from 711?

Not anymore because it goes wrong sometimes. Like now it is too cold for that i guess, it needs to be warmer then 32 for many hours.

We like that bulgarian yoghurt from 711, do you know how to make that one as nice as from 711?

If it's live culture, a tablespoon of bulgarian yoghurt from 7-11 stirred into a jar of milk and left to stand for 30 hours (covered so insects don't crawl in), then put it in the fridge until cool.

Anything extra is usually additives you don't really want. Sometimes you can strain it through a muslin cloth to make it thicker.

(I use Yoplait yogurt as my starter, anything with 'live culture' on the side should work)

Not too cold, around 30c is fine,

I make yogurt twice a week, then when it's finished and solid enough, stir in some frozen (chopped) blueberries from Makro and a teaspoon of sugar, or orange segments, or raspberries.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

If it's live culture, a tablespoon of bulgarian yoghurt from 7-11 stirred into a jar of milk and left to stand for 30 hours (covered so insects don't crawl in), then put it in the fridge until cool.

Anything extra is usually additives you don't really want. Sometimes you can strain it through a muslin cloth to make it thicker.

(I use Yoplait yogurt as my starter, anything with 'live culture' on the side should work)

I make yogurt twice a week, then when it's finished and solid enough, stir in some frozen (chopped) blueberries from Makro and a teaspoon of sugar, or orange segments, or raspberries.

Ok thanks, i will try it soon. Now we have yoghurt and namdocmai, in the blender and in the icemaker, no sugar.

In the makro i used to buy all those berries but one day they were all (the whole freezers) defrosted and soft so i never buy there again.

The incredibly young, stunningly beautiful and awesomely talented Mrs NL loves my yoghurt just the way I make it. All natural, no fruits and stuff... but sometimes with a banana on the side.

Oh yes, the DQ girls do seem predominantly vertically challenged as well as cute.

the last couple of months i fancied a change from swensens,the wife usually buys 3 tubs diff.flavours.

so i tried dairy queen and found it ok.so the wife went back and asked for 3 take home tubs only to be told not once but three times it will melt quickly before you get home.they had no foil bags or ice,but the wife has always got a foil bag with her.the one inside tesco on mittrapap rd.the girl kept telling its melts too quick,and yesterday the girl in the mall kept telling her the same.

so lets see if we can get a reply from dairy queen as to why your staff are more or less telling punters not to buy their large tubs of ice cream because it will melt before you get home, when it cleary says on them TAKE HOME in big white letters on a blue background.

I really feel for you ... You poor little man! I am sure so many hear your pain, feel your desperation. Oh such terrible tragedies you have to endure.

Get a bloody life

the last couple of months i fancied a change from swensens,the wife usually buys 3 tubs diff.flavours.

so i tried dairy queen and found it ok.so the wife went back and asked for 3 take home tubs only to be told not once but three times it will melt quickly before you get home.they had no foil bags or ice,but the wife has always got a foil bag with her.the one inside tesco on mittrapap rd.the girl kept telling its melts too quick,and yesterday the girl in the mall kept telling her the same.

so lets see if we can get a reply from dairy queen as to why your staff are more or less telling punters not to buy their large tubs of ice cream because it will melt before you get home, when it cleary says on them TAKE HOME in big white letters on a blue background.

I really feel for you ... You poor little man! I am sure so many hear your pain, feel your desperation. Oh such terrible tragedies you have to endure.

Get a bloody life

quote "get a bloody life" i did yesterday one tub of rum and raison tongue.png

• Like 1

It seems to be a mix on the moment into the cone process, nothing like the method of mixing traditional ice cream.

Plus the taste of dairy queen in a cone is different to ice cream, quite soft melt in the mouth consistency.

Maybe they are telling you the truth.

Same here, bought a birthday cake, 20 minute drive home, still solid on arrival.

Maybe the staff concerned have had bad reactions or angry people who have had things melt of a particular product and dont want to face that again so just stop selling that product for "take-home".

I bought 2 of those ice cream cakes, about 400 baht each, from the Dairy Queen at the Big C next to Home Pro in Hang Dong.

The girl told me the same thing, cannot take home, cakes will melt, took no notice, 30 minutes drive home, arrived home, cakes still frozen.

This is Thailand, where here we have to assume that no one has clue about anything and make our own judgements. No problem.

I love Rum and Raisin ... is theirs any good?

better than swensens nice big juicey raisons and a good taste of rum.my dog was dribbling all down my leg.oh nearly forgot the wife likes it tooooooooo.also try the caramel and almond.

• Like 1

Same here, bought a birthday cake, 20 minute drive home, still solid on arrival.

Maybe the staff concerned have had bad reactions or angry people who have had things melt of a particular product and dont want to face that again so just stop selling that product for "take-home".

I bought 2 of those ice cream cakes, about 400 baht each, from the Dairy Queen at the Big C next to Home Pro in Hang Dong.

The girl told me the same thing, cannot take home, cakes will melt, took no notice, 30 minutes drive home, arrived home, cakes still frozen.

This is Thailand, where here we have to assume that no one has clue about anything and make our own judgements. No problem.

could be swensens staff working under cover.bj.clap2.gif

better than swensens nice big juicey raisons and a good taste of rum.my dog was dribbling all down my leg.oh nearly forgot the wife likes it tooooooooo.also try the caramel and almond.

MissFarmGirl put me onto the caramel and almond ... but I usually just get a cup when I'm in TESCO.

I agree ... darn nice ... licklips.gif

MissFarmGirl put me onto the caramel and almond ... but I usually just get a cup when I'm in TESCO.

I agree ... darn nice ... licklips.gif

off for a cake this week,i hope the girl can keep it hard for me.biggrin.png

could be swensens staff working under cover.bj.clap2.gif

Easy to tell. The Dairy Queen girls are 4ft 5 inches tall and the Swensens girls are 4ft 9 inches tall and have bigger thighs.

went to the one in tesco [korat] mittrapap rd.9am.3 staff,the wife asked for one of those 475bht.ice cream cakes,no we are not open yet.mind you the sign on the freezer dispay cabinet said DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

i see it know.facepalm.gifsad.png

I suspect you've got it right....my guess is some customers to include possibly a few farangs bought some and it melted before they got it home so they naturally returned to yell and blame and be irate with the girl who sold it to them since she didn't tell them that ice cream might melt....

Can't blame the girl for not wanting to get blamed regardless of what it might say on the carton....I doubt seriously she gets paid enough to have to put up with irate customers.

get back on about the ice cream? DID you get it home? was it good? did you let the DQ staff push you around again??

thats it,back to swensens monday its the ULTIMATE CHOC.ice cream cake.

in a nice box with ice to stop it melting.

as for dairy queen, a couple of queens behind the counter would do better.tongue.png