I want to know about Chainat City and Province

Metro Man

Hello. Can anyone tell me about Chainat city and province? What's it like there? Are there many foreigners there?

What is there to do for social activities? Are there any foreign businesses (sp) there such as Tesco's,etc? How

are the Thai's there towards farangs? * Your comments in detail would be appreciated! ^^

Thanks!

• Like 1

Chai Nat is about as laid back as it gets; no night life to speak of. There is a Tesco Lotus that has recently been remodeled and now includes a Pizza Factory restaurant and a Swanson's Ice Cream outlet (whoopi). The city's central attraction is a bird park with a large outdoor aviary - that should tell you all you need to know. Foreigners are few and far between and generally treated as a curiosity.

If you are a keen 'long distance 'cyclist then Chainat and Suphanburi provinces are ideal .

From Chainat you may go North towards Nakhon Sawan , or South to Hankha, Bueng Chawak Lake Resort and Zoo,TaChang ,Saam Chuk 100 yr old market and thence to the province's capital Suphanburi .

The number of Europeans to be found in these areas can be counted on two hands, perhaps even one hand

.I am aware of the existence of one Finnish National in Ta Chang town but I am reliably informed that he speaks neither English nor Thai , neither French nor German , neither Hokkien nor Malay ..a handicap .that dampened any initiative to make his aquaintance .

There are neither hills nor gradients to impede a septuagenarian's fast pace on on a good road bike and local eateries abound,though not all are endowed with a roof . It is recommended that one avoid the Sai Asia ,in effect the North -South Highway as it would be termed were it a Malaysian highway .The density of traffic ,whilst refreshingly light is as fraught with careless inconsiderate drivers as the rest of the Kingdom.

Wifi signals are in the main reliable and telephone networks quite dependable .

However for those of a gregarious disposition there are no forms of entertainment .Cinemas are non existent ,though I believe there may be one in Suphanburi City .In respect of music venues , particularly discotheque- ish establishments I suspect one one would search to no avail.

As a previous contributor has remarked one would be well advised to opt for Nakhon Sawan if a social life is an important aspect of one's plan.

However be advised that both Chainat and Nakhon Sawan are prone to significant flooding almost every year .,

• Like 2

If you are a "keen cyclist" just make sure that you are wearing a full set of protective gear, as that small puddle of water that you intend to ride through might be 1 meter deep! The roads are a myriad of potholes and a mountain bike would better suit you for a good ride. I live in Nakhon Sawan province about 59 kilometers from Chainat in the boonies and if you rode to my house you either need to wear a mouth guard or take your teeth out if you are wearing dentures.

Agree with most of Hannuman post below, but things now looking up for Suphanburi, a year or so ago we had only 1 cinema, now we have 3 different cinemas, some decent areas around here for cycling as I do a wee bit of cycling with the MTB myself, the foreign population here has now crept well into double figures over the last few years to be fair there is limited nightlife to be found, I'm not one for entering too far into it but it's there all the same but mostly the live music, Suphanburi would be approx 90kms from Chainat

quote name="Hannuman"

If you are a keen 'long distance 'cyclist then Chainat and Suphanburi provinces are ideal .

From Chainat you may go North towards Nakhon Sawan , or South to Hankha, Bueng Chawak Lake Resort and Zoo,TaChang ,Saam Chuk 100 yr old market and thence to the province's capital Suphanburi .

The number of Europeans to be found in these areas can be counted on two hands, perhaps even one hand

However for those of a gregarious disposition there are no forms of entertainment .Cinemas are non existent ,though I believe there may be one in Suphanburi City .In respect of music venues , particularly discotheque- ish establishments I suspect one one would search to no avail.

In Chainat is a great bar called Territory. On the weekends it's packed, lots of things to do in the area, zoo, golf, bike riding. I know of a dozen white guys in the area. It's clean and middle class. Don't forget the river and the river walk.

Come come now Ace, there are some good uns still to be found here really.

do you mean the "crackers" go to sin city meaning another term for beauties or whether you'd be raving "bonkers" to go to sin city,,, hehe just joking

quote "Ace of Pop" If You like Eye Candy Beware, these one horse towns are stocked with Telly Tubbies. Ugly Buggers at that, the crackers go to Sin City.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Does Chainat have any good massage shops where they will come to your hotel room ? What few they have in Nakhon Sawan the women are not only rude but a royal pain in the ass to deal with. I guess they would rather spend the day in the shop watching tv. If you do get one they are out of door within forty minutes and then demand a tip.