How safe and reliable is it to buy iPhone 6 Plus online (Apple store Thailand) ?

iammarilou

Why are you buying the iPhone 6 in the first place? The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 leaves the iPhone standing with it's far superior display (it's the thing u look at most) The camera on the Note 4 is twice the resolution and to top it all its 10000 baht cheaper. The phone is a fantastic design. You should check out all the reviews before u buy... you will then see what I mean.

I was an iphone user before but then switch to samsung galaxy note 2. The phone was working perfectly well for almost 2 years until the last update. And now all the note 2 is giving me is pain in the ass. I have had it fix twice already. First after the update (kitkat) the phone's battery slowly deteriorate. And then suddenly it went dead and wont turn off anymore. Second the sim is not recognised anymore. So I just simply give up. And with all the hundreds of Samsung models to choose from? I won't bother giving myself a headache deciding what to choose. So now I decided to go back to iphone as my previous iphones (2g and 3gs) are still perfectly working until now.

Hope that explains why I am buying an iphone 6. biggrin.png

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always buy my i devices from the online Apple store Thailand. On one occasion I had a problem with a new phone and spoke to someone at Apple in Singapore. They said they would send a replacement phone and also send someone to pick up the old phone. I received the replacement within a couple of days and a separate courier came a few days later to collect the original phone.

Am currently waiting for the 6 plus, but sorry didn't look for the warranty.

how were the prices compare to the reseller in Thailand?

​You will be charged 500 Baht more for your Iphone 6 from a reseller. I did have trouble with authorisation from my Bangkok Debit card. They had taken just 1 Baht from my account but couldn't complete the transaction, why is this?

​And i did have the option of buying the extended warranty. total cost 32.900 Baht for the 4.7" Iphone.

Wow! 25,550 at Tukcom here in Pattaya for 16GB, 29,500 for 64GB. 4.7" iPhone 6 This is the asking price. I haven't even bothered to negotiate yet. Still cheaper in the U.S. though if you have a visitor coming over to bring you one.

All Apple products bought from http://store.apple.com/th are shipped from Singapore. I bought an ipad mini before they were out in Thailand from this site and it came from Singapore. If you go to an Apple reseller in Thailand and ask them to get you an iPhone before they are sold in Thailand, they will tell you that you have to go online and order from Singapore. They are genuine Apple so nothing to worry about, however my ipad mini came with a UK 3 pin style charger (same as Singapore) Also no customs tax to pay either.

No, not all .. iPhone 6 appear to be shipped directly from China ..

I ordered mine on Monday night .. Picked it up from DHL at 10.00 AM ETS: Today .. I tracked it via DHL's shipping number from Shenzhen > HK > KK

OK right, I noticed they've changed the apple th website too now. Only in Thai, before when I got my ipad it was English too.

Does this mean when apple Thailand send from china it must be taxed again ?

Because of bad exchange rate now baht € is now nearly same price then in the eu

Half year ago was 100€ cheaper

Better I buy it here then I have 2 year guaranty free without purchasing a extra plan

All Apple products bought from http://store.apple.com/th are shipped from Singapore. I bought an ipad mini before they were out in Thailand from this site and it came from Singapore. If you go to an Apple reseller in Thailand and ask them to get you an iPhone before they are sold in Thailand, they will tell you that you have to go online and order from Singapore. They are genuine Apple so nothing to worry about, however my ipad mini came with a UK 3 pin style charger (same as Singapore) Also no customs tax to pay either.

I ordered mine on Monday night .. Picked it up from DHL at 10.00 AM ETS: Today .. I tracked it via DHL's shipping number from Shenzhen > HK > KK

OK right, I noticed they've changed the apple th website too now. Only in Thai, before when I got my ipad it was English too.

Both Thai & English. Make sure when you select store location at the bottom of the screen that you don't select Thai language version.

Better I buy it here then I have 2 year guaranty free without purchasing a extra plan

If I understand what you are saying then the price of the product is as posted on the website. No extra tax, postage or anything is added on top.

I thought iPhones & iPads only got one year warranty anywhere? You pay for apple care for an additional year on these products & an additional two years for laptops etc.

No .. No additional tax is payable, buying from the Apple Store online is as good as buying here.

To me I would rather buy direct than give my money to i studio who are just pretend to be an Apple Store. These guys don't offer anything like the quality of service you get from a Apple Store .. You don't get followed around a real Apple Store, you don't get laughed at when you ask a question at an Apple Store and you don't get "Mai too" or "urg farang" in a real Apple Store.

I ordered one on Wednesday, was told it would be dispatched in 7-10 business days with delivery between 19-26 November. Received an SMS and email last night advising that it had been collected from the depot in Shenzhen, the tracking later advised that it was received in Bangkok this morning, via Hong Kong, and had cleared customs already, pretty good service.

I ordered one on Wednesday, was told it would be dispatched in 7-10 business days with delivery between 19-26 November. Received an SMS and email last night advising that it had been collected from the depot in Shenzhen, the tracking later advised that it was received in Bangkok this morning, via Hong Kong, and had cleared customs already, pretty good service.

That's amazing service .. Hardly worth braving the mall and the extra money you save by not going to svensens or sizzler.

Thanks guys for all the inputs. But how can I buy the Apple Care if they don't offer it while purchasing the phone?

Buy it off the website, if you look around you will see link for Apple care. Alternatively you can buy it from the apple reseller shops, like istudio. Obviously this is done once you have purchased the product as you will need its serial number etc

https://www.apple.com/support/products/faqs.html

Why are you buying the iPhone 6 in the first place? The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 leaves the iPhone standing with it's far superior display (it's the thing u look at most) The camera on the Note 4 is twice the resolution and to top it all its 10000 baht cheaper. The phone is a fantastic design. You should check out all the reviews before u buy... you will then see what I mean.

I was an iphone user before but then switch to samsung galaxy note 2. The phone was working perfectly well for almost 2 years until the last update. And now all the note 2 is giving me is pain in the ass. I have had it fix twice already. First after the update (kitkat) the phone's battery slowly deteriorate. And then suddenly it went dead and wont turn off anymore. Second the sim is not recognised anymore. So I just simply give up. And with all the hundreds of Samsung models to choose from? I won't bother giving myself a headache deciding what to choose. So now I decided to go back to iphone as my previous iphones (2g and 3gs) are still perfectly working until now.

Hope that explains why I am buying an iphone 6. biggrin.png

As they say in the GAY section. You are not Alone.thumbsup.gif

Ordered mine from Dtac Shop Monday same as i did with the 5s, One Week max, e mail when ready. JEEEZ its just come,must dash...biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Hi AOP which Dtac shop did you order from, my wife has been to 2 and they wont take orders, say just have to ring, see, visit when it arrives but they don't know when they will be here . When we asked to order, they said company, not want people to order in case they don't arrive and they yak yak company....go figger!

Ordered mine from Dtac Shop Monday same as i did with the 5s, One Week max, e mail when ready. JEEEZ its just come,must dash...biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Hi AOP which Dtac shop did you order from, my wife has been to 2 and they wont take orders, say just have to ring, see, visit when it arrives but they don't know when they will be here . When we asked to order, they said company, not want people to order in case they don't arrive and they yak yak company....go figger!

So, just curious: why don't you just order the one you want from the Apple Store and have it at your door in three days time?

So, just curious: why don't you just order the one you want from the Apple Store and have it at your door in three days time?

Because it may have been quicker at DTAC, as the website says 4-6 weeks to deliver.

Easier to pay in the shop

Dtac give a warrenty so if you have a problem you go to the shop not arrange a pick up and send it off.

I dont have to rely on the post/DHL or other for the delivery, I am not always at home for delivery so relying on my wife to receive and check.

You can ask questions in the shop that may not be part of the Q&A on the website

Last night I ordered online, so we will see what happens after I pay this morning at the ATM.

Archived