How safe and reliable is it to buy iPhone 6 Plus online (Apple store Thailand) ?

iammarilou

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no safer or more reliable way than to buy from Apple directly (which in Thailand means online). The website should give you the option to include Applecare when you order.

I am looking at the website now and there is no option to buy the Applecare unfortunately.

Applecare is only officially available in countries where there's an official physical "Apple Store". That does not include resellers.

Also keep in mind the Iphone is regionally specific meaning a phone bought in Australia for instance can't be repaired, lets say, in the USA or Germany. Details on this matter can be learned from the Apple online store at 001 800 656957 (calling from within Thailand)

Good luck.

^ So how come I have AppleCare on 2 iPads that I purchased online with Apple/th plus I had apple care when I bought my iPhone 5 online 2 years ago in Thailand?

I also purchased apple care for my MB pro that I bought at an Apple reseller in Thailand 3 years ago.

There's no safer or more reliable way than to buy from Apple directly (which in Thailand means online). The website should give you the option to include Applecare when you order.

I am looking at the website now and there is no option to buy the Applecare unfortunately.

Applecare is only officially available in countries where there's an official physical "Apple Store". That does not include resellers.

Also keep in mind the Iphone is regionally specific meaning a phone bought in Australia for instance can't be repaired, lets say, in the USA or Germany. Details on this matter can be learned from the Apple online store at 001 800 656957 (calling from within Thailand)

Good luck.

That is not true.... at the top of this forum topic, there are some of the official places to take Apple / Mac stuff... you call Apple, to get a work order number...

There are probably more places in CM for instance, if anyone would care to post on this thread.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/722640-apple-mac-warranty-centres-in-thailand-official-places/

I believe for those on Samui, that there will soon be a Icare shop, signs up, last I saw... will post when when open as to what they do.

• 2 weeks later...

just order 6+ 64GB from apple store online and should get delivered around 11 - 15 Dec, was tired already from the sales staff in the shops - hope I can get it startet as I am not so IT professional and its my very first apple product

Anyone try buying an iPhone 6 in the U.S. and then getting a local plan here? How does that work?

I bought one there recently. You need to buy the unlocked T-Mobile version from an Apple Store. Just pop out the T-Mobile SIM card, pop in your own and it works perfectly. You will also be paying about 15% less compared to the price in Thailand.

• 1 year later...

Apple care for an iPhone is not available in Thailand and Thailand does not recognise Applecare purchased overseas. I understand that the nearest Apple Centre (not a a authorised service centre) is in Singapore. While Apple provides international warranty it is unlikely that a Thai service centre will honour Apple warranty it unless the product is purchased in Thailand.

Archived