How safe and reliable is it to buy iPhone 6 Plus online (Apple store Thailand) ?

iammarilou

I was thinking of buying one online but I haven't tried it before so I'm not so sure about its safety and reliability. And also one reason I wanted to buy online is so I could buy the additional warranty but when I look there is no option in buying that.

Anyone here experience buying a phone and additional warranty online? Which is better buying online or going to the shop and buy it from there?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no safer or more reliable way than to buy from Apple directly (which in Thailand means online). The website should give you the option to include Applecare when you order.

I am looking at the website now and there is no option to buy the Applecare unfortunately.

There are no official Apple retail stores in Thailand, but there are numerous authorized Apple resellers. I've never bought Apple products from a reseller, I always buy from their online store. Shipping usually takes under a week coming from Singapore or China. Just got my iphone 6 today, shipped direct from China. No worries about paying any duty or fees when it arrives, it's part of the price. Warranty would be supported here in Thailand, not sure if you would need to send it back to China or if there is a repair centre here in Thailand - I've never needed to find out - knock on wood.

When you go through the process of buying the product from Apple Store online they will offer you extra warranty just before the payment, if I remember. They won't offer it to you unless you have gone through a certain part of the buying process.

I always buy via the online store now as I have pointed out in the recent 'tablet' thread.

I ordered on Monday - Im seriously impressed. We could say that it wasn't 'released' until the 31st October, and before I completed purchase I was given warning of 4-6 weeks delay.

On Tuesday evening, I received an email giving me a DHL tracking number, the phone was picked up from the DP at Shenzhen, 10 PM, Tuesday, left Hong Kong at 11.20 PM - It was in BKK by 10.00 AM on Wednesday ( spent a whole day in Bangkok, doing nothing, ahem ) its now on its way to the deep south as of 8.00 PM last night.

Fingers X'd go down their and claim it this afternoon before they attempt delivery - or I'm sure, I will have some guy calling me - tomorrow.

Sorry, I don't remember about an extra years applecare, but the speed of dispatch, shouldn't be sniffed at.

I have bought many items from Apple Store Asia online, it's perfectly safe and quick, goods arrive by DHL and you can track the delivery.

Oddly though I usually get a phone call from HSBC the day later to say that they have spotted what may be a fraudulent transaction and ask me to confirm if I made the transaction.

This warranty issue online seems strange.

I had a new iPad mini 2 two delivered only 2 weeks ago. Before I clicked to pay I was very clearly offered the extended warranty, which I accepted. Maybe it is only a glitch when ordering the new iPhone 6?

I have bought many items from Apple Store Asia online, it's perfectly safe and quick, goods arrive by DHL and you can track the delivery.

Oddly though I usually get a phone call from HSBC the day later to say that they have spotted what may be a fraudulent transaction and ask me to confirm if I made the transaction.

how were the prices compare to the reseller in Thailand?

I have read that if your phone is not purchase from an authorized reseller in Thailand, you will not be able to claim any warranty here if anything goes wrong with your phone?

Ordering from Apple Store/TH is classed the same. I have bought 3 iPads and one iphone 5 online over the past few years, each time buying the extended warranty (apple care)

how were the prices compare to the reseller in Thailand?

​You will be charged 500 Baht more for your Iphone 6 from a reseller. I did have trouble with authorisation from my Bangkok Debit card. They had taken just 1 Baht from my account but couldn't complete the transaction, why is this?

​And i did have the option of buying the extended warranty. total cost 32.900 Baht for the 4.7" Iphone.

All Apple products bought from http://store.apple.com/th are shipped from Singapore. I bought an ipad mini before they were out in Thailand from this site and it came from Singapore. If you go to an Apple reseller in Thailand and ask them to get you an iPhone before they are sold in Thailand, they will tell you that you have to go online and order from Singapore. They are genuine Apple so nothing to worry about, however my ipad mini came with a UK 3 pin style charger (same as Singapore) Also no customs tax to pay either.

You can buy Iphone 6 from AIS Company it's big mobile company in Thailand and Asia and good service and Luxury mote than any mobile company in Thailand and they will give u Guarantee one year,u can found them in all Central Plaza or in Thailand Mall also u can buy by internet from them website

www.myportal.ais.co.th

I am looking at the website now and there is no option to buy the Applecare unfortunately.

That's weird. Give them a call: 001 800 65 6957

Can only call that number from a landline?

I have called them from a cell phone, you will end up speaking to someone in the Philippines, most likely... very helpful ...

Some Apple products come from HK and some from Singapore, it makes no difference ... it can be tracked and does arrive, no problems! thumbsup.gif

It is very safe and reliable. I purchased 5s lately. They sent it to my apartment in 4 days with UPS.

It was 4500 THB cheaper than iStudio. No VAT (and no VAT refund on exit)

The 6 is the same price as in stores. I don't know why. So if you plan on exiting Thailand within 60 days from purchase

you would prefer to buy at iStudio and ask for the yellow form for VAT (7 %) refund at AP.

Why are you buying the iPhone 6 in the first place? The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 leaves the iPhone standing with it's far superior display (it's the thing u look at most) The camera on the Note 4 is twice the resolution and to top it all its 10000 baht cheaper. The phone is a fantastic design. You should check out all the reviews before u buy... you will then see what I mean.

All Apple products bought from http://store.apple.com/th are shipped from Singapore. I bought an ipad mini before they were out in Thailand from this site and it came from Singapore. If you go to an Apple reseller in Thailand and ask them to get you an iPhone before they are sold in Thailand, they will tell you that you have to go online and order from Singapore. They are genuine Apple so nothing to worry about, however my ipad mini came with a UK 3 pin style charger (same as Singapore) Also no customs tax to pay either.

No, not all .. iPhone 6 appear to be shipped directly from China ..

I ordered mine on Monday night .. Picked it up from DHL at 10.00 AM ETS: Today .. I tracked it via DHL's shipping number from Shenzhen > HK > KK

Archived