Guam as an alternative to Thailand

Utley

Guam has just legalized marijuana making it a very attractive alternative to Thailand as a place for expats to live. Has anyone ever considered living in Guam rather than Thailand? Anyone have any experience there? As a country with established constitutional rights and legalized cannabis, it looks awfully attractive at first glance.

• Like 2

Luckily, I don't enjoy pot anymore. I don't need help getting tired and hungry. Thailand is much better for me.

I agree and it makes me paranoid. But there are legit medical uses for it.

Yes on the paranoia and medical uses too. I am all for legalizing it, by the way - even though I don't like it. I'm kind of for legalizing a bunch of drugs, but pot for sure.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Guam has just legalized marijuana making it a very attractive alternative to Thailand as a place for expats to live. Has anyone ever considered living in Guam rather than Thailand? Anyone have any experience there? As a country with established constitutional rights and legalized cannabis, it looks awfully attractive at first glance.

Attractive because of legal pot? You're joking. By this point of view Thailand is not attractive at all. You've seldom priorities to choose a country. Smoking pot is okay, but not important. I gave it up here for my family, I enjoy it anywhere where I am not prosecuted for it, but it is definitely no lifestyle.

Fatfather

Attractive because of legal pot? You're joking. By this point of view Thailand is not attractive at all. You've seldom priorities to choose a country. Smoking pot is okay, but not important. I gave it up here for my family, I enjoy it anywhere where I am not prosecuted for it, but it is definitely no lifestyle.

Fatfather

I appreciate your point of view but it is not mine.

How would legalized marijuana make Guam a more attractive place for expats to live?

You wouldn't go to jail for relaxing on your front porch.

LOL, smoking pot is not on my list of priorities - how is the nighlife entertainment in Guam?

My wifes best friend is from there, she will NEVER set foot on that dump again, here words not mine, the place is a total effin shythole.

As mentioned above head to Jamacia, the women are stunning, the food rawks, decent spicy rum and killer ganja.

GUAM - Give Up And Masturbate. Was there a lot in the late 1990's. Lucky to have enough water pressure to take a shower in the morning. VERY high cost of living. Maybe enough marijuana would make it enjoyable. Saipan, although equally expensive, is much nicer.

Guam has just legalized marijuana making it a very attractive alternative to Thailand as a place for expats to live.

This comment just goes to show what pot has done to your brain. As if any sane person would consider pot, legal, or otherwise, as a priority as to where to live.

IDIOT post.

• Like 2

What a good idea legalise dope and attract all the dope heads to live in the country, if it was true it would at least get rid of the idiots from Thailand that indulge in drug taking

Whoa, cowboy!! We're here to rag on Guam, not pot!

Guam has just legalized marijuana making it a very attractive alternative to Thailand as a place for expats to live.

This comment just goes to show what pot has done to your brain. As if any sane person would consider pot, legal, or otherwise, as a priority as to where to live.

IDIOT post.

Might I suggest you don't know what you are talking about. Four states in the U.S. plus the District of Columbia have legalized pot for both medical and recreational use; another 35 states or so have legalized it for medical purposes only. Several U.S. cities have decriminalized it. It is only a short matter of time before complete legalization is widespread, on the same footing as alcohol.

Now that the scare myths of cannabis being a gate-way drug have been debunked and no proof of physical or mental damage from use, the U.S. will more than likely decriminalize it nation-wide in a few years making the U.S. a much more pleasant place to live.

Edited by Utley
  • Like 1

IDIOT post.

Might I suggest you don't know what you are talking about. Four states in the U.S. plus the District of Columbia have legalized pot for both medical and recreational use; another 35 states or so have legalized it for medical purposes only. Several U.S. cities have decriminalized it. It is only a short matter of time before complete legalization is widespread, on the same footing as alcohol.

Now that the scare myths of cannabis being a gate-way drug have been debunked and no proof of physical or mental damage from use, the U.S. will more than likely decriminalize it nation-wide in a few years making the U.S. a much more pleasant place to live.

[/quote

Mutley, you're missing my point. "How could pot, legal or otherwise be a priority in considering a place to live"

Surely something like the following would be more realistic for a sane thinker. Not necessarily in this order.

1. Personal security.

2. Financial security.

3. Climate.

4. Political situation.

5. Medical facilities.

6. Overall lifestyle.

7. Immigration / visa friendly.

8. Own nationality embassy access.

The list of sensible priorities is endless. If you consider drugs, legal or otherwise as a priority to where you might call home, well, guess you might like Guam.

Best of luck.

Cheers..... Mal.

IDIOT post.

Mutley, you're missing my point. "How could pot, legal or otherwise be a priority in considering a place to live"

Surely something like the following would be more realistic for a sane thinker. Not necessarily in this order.

1. Personal security.

2. Financial security.

3. Climate.

4. Political situation.

5. Medical facilities.

6. Overall lifestyle.

7. Immigration / visa friendly.

8. Own nationality embassy access.

The list of sensible priorities is endless. If you consider drugs, legal or otherwise as a priority to where you might call home, well, guess you might like Guam.

Best of luck.

Cheers..... Mal.