Obama and Republican leader pledge to work together

webfact

Obama and Republican leader pledge to work together

WASHINGTON: -- The US Senate's new Republican leader and President Barack Obama have both promised to end the political gridlock that has so frustrated American voters.

Republicans made historic gains in the mid-term elections and now control both legislative chambers.

Incoming Senate leader Mitch McConnell said he would make the ineffective Senate function and pass bills.

Mr Obama said he was "eager to work with the new Congress to make the next two years as productive as possible".

The election campaign was characterised by widespread frustration expressed by voters about the inability of Congress to work together.

To the Americans who voted for change, the president said: "I hear you."

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-29919793

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-11-06

Only way to tell if Obama is lying is to watch if his lips move.

Sure, he's a politician--they all are and they all lie as easy as you and I breath.

Open your eyes--none of them are worth a darn and they are driving America down.

Edited by ClutchClark

Sure, he's a politician--they all are and they all lie as easy as you and I breath.

Open your eyes--none of them are worth a darn and they are driving America down.

It's true. They take office, and start learning to wheel & deal, and it's all downhill from there. And if they should run into a term limit, they just go through a revolving door to some other elected office, while some other career politician moves into theirs. That's why I have such a big problem with career politicians. Or at least I did until I saw how much damage a first-term senator from Illinois could do...

Start praying sincerely that H. Clinton does not come within smelling distance of the White House.

Not that it matters really who occupies the White House, since the Pentagon and all its cronies call all the shots.

• Like 1

Amazing! I thought politicians in the senate were paid by the people to help run the county for the people! I suppose in this case the "people " are both called Koch!

Sounds like a parrot statement, because if it had any facts to support it then you would already know that the Koch brothers are ranked at 86 on the list, yet on the top who provides 4 times what the Koch brothers provide is a Democrat, yet we don't see you saying anything about that now do we. I know I know, the Koch brothers are evil and the Democrat at the top is the saviour I know.

Oh and out of the top 10, 7 are Democrats which when combined make up for the top 30 Republicans, Koch brothers are so far down the list they don't even factor in. Well they do if you need a scape goat in which case that is exactly what they were and you took the bait; hook, line and sinker.

Try some facts first so you don't look like a pissed off Obamazombie puppet.

Edited by quicky
  • Like 2

The headline of this thread is the direct opposite of what was being said on Fox News this morning. In fact, many commentators being interviewed were commenting on the threat by the President to quickly sign an executive order regarding immigration. Glenn Beck went as far as to say America is facing a highly destabilising period and forecasts that Obama will become even more radical.the

If you had the pleasure of watching his so called press conference this morning (0330 'ish) you would have heard him say he will take executive action if Immigration isn't immediately addressed.

Unfortunately, the new Congress won't be sworn in until 4 January 2015 and after that it will take time for the new Congress to take action.

Look for him to sign blanket amnesty before Christmas.

This man has no intention of cooperating with or listening to those voices he considers strident emanating from Capitol Hill.

Amazing! I thought politicians in the senate were paid by the people to help run the county for the people! I suppose in this case the "people " are both called Koch!

Sounds like a parrot statement, because if it had any facts to support it then you would already know that the Koch brothers are ranked at 86 on the list, yet on the top who provides 4 times what the Koch brothers provide is a Democrat, yet we don't see you saying anything about that now do we. I know I know, the Koch brothers are evil and the Democrat at the top is the saviour I know.

Oh and out of the top 10, 7 are Democrats which when combined make up for the top 30 Republicans, Koch brothers are so far down the list they don't even factor in. Well they do if you need a scape goat in which case that is exactly what they were and you took the bait; hook, line and sinker.

Try some facts first so you don't look like a pissed off Obamazombie puppet.

Mate. I'm English. So don't really give a shit.. just finished watching Alpha House though. That was funny!

Interesting that you completely missed the first part of my comment to have a dig about the tongue in cheek part!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hey Mr. lame duck president... you knew that this day will come, you were warned by many

people even in your own democrat party but still you have persisted in sitting on the fence,

now go and find your self a nice pond to swim in, Mr. lame duck president....

He is still the Commander in Chief and can veto bills passed by the Republican majority. And if you understood the authority of the POTUS without congressional consent, there is a great deal he can do still. I don't think any POTUS can prove to be the most lame duck than President Gerald R. Ford whose only job was to take over after Republican POTUS Richard Nixon QUIT.

If they send reasonable bills, he will cooperate.

If they send right wing garbage, he will veto.

That's what I expect of him in this situation and so do the majority of Americans.

Don't be deceived by the recent midterm elections ... it has nothing to do with the presidential elections coming up in 2016.

No, I don't think Obama's overall performance has been great, but compared to the do nothing congress. he still looks RELATIVELY good.

Edited by Jingthing

It's true. They take office, and start learning to wheel & deal, and it's all downhill from there. And if they should run into a term limit, they just go through a revolving door to some other elected office, while some other career politician moves into theirs. That's why I have such a big problem with career politicians. Or at least I did until I saw how much damage a first-term senator from Illinois could do...

Don't forget the Golden Parachute where they are hired by some Lobby Group for $1 million or more a year.

Take a look at the architects of ObamaCare and who they all work for now--the very insurance companies they wrote the legislation for.

Well to be fair, it was the attorneys for these insurers who wrote the legislation and these politicians just sold it to the American Public.

They give the ladies at Soi Nana a bad name--same profession--just no morals from the ones in Washington.

That's what I expect of him in this situation and so do the majority of Americans.

Don't be deceived by the recent midterm elections ... it has nothing to do with the presidential elections coming up in 2016.

No, I don't think Obama's overall performance has been great, but compared to the do nothing congress. he still looks RELATIVELY good.

Condoleezza Rice for President 2016 intheclub.gif

• Like 1

I guess that's why Harry Reid shelved all 358 bills that the House passed and sent to the Senate for approval... Preventing them to be voted for on the floor of the Senate... One democratic candidates this election cycle had to answer why in the 6 years he has been in the Senate, he has never voted on a bill on the floor of the Senate... Yep, in your mind it's the Koch brothers and not Harry Reid...

And while we're at it, Tom Steyer, the liberal billionaire that is standing in the way of the Keystone pipeline spent an estimated $74 million USD in this election cycle, only to lose to the GOP in a wave...

http://www.nationaljournal.com/energy/tom-steyer-spent-74-million-on-the-election-he-didn-t-get-much-to-show-for-it-20141105

Dick Cheney in drag?

for President 2016 intheclub.gif

Is America ready for a lezbian prez?

She plays the piano well, I hear.

Judging from all the noise surrounding H.Clinton, it seems like the Great American Public is indeed ready for a lezzie.

Judging from all the noise surrounding H.Clinton, it seems like the Great American Public is indeed ready for a lezzie.

Was speaking about Rice. Hillary at least we know had hetero sex at least once.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hey Mr. lame duck president... you knew that this day will come, you were warned by many

people even in your own democrat party but still you have persisted in sitting on the fence,

now go and find your self a nice pond to swim in, Mr. lame duck president....

He is still the Commander in Chief and can veto bills passed by the Republican majority. And if you understood the authority of the POTUS without congressional consent, there is a great deal he can do still. I don't think any POTUS can prove to be the most lame duck than President Gerald R. Ford whose only job was to take over after Republican POTUS Richard Nixon QUIT.

"He is still the Commander in Chief and can veto bills passed by the Republican majority"

...which can be overridden (with a bipartisan vote). Now I wonder how many Senate dems will be as anxious to keep voting with Obama as they were before Nov 4th... And use of the veto would certainly educate some who don't already get it who the real "Party of 'No' " is. Some dry statistics:

Senate democrats (Harry Reid & his committee chairs) have blocked 352 House bills from coming to the floor:

HALF of those bills were passed in the House unanimously!

70% passed in the House with at least a 2/3 majority (note: 2/3, BTW, being the majority required for overriding a presidential veto....hint hint).

55 of the bills were introduced by Democrats!!

98% passed in the House with bipartisan support.

No, they weren't all bills about world peace and ending global hunger. Yes, there are procedural differences between the House & the Senate. Yes, they certainly WEREN'T all bills you could reasonably expect the democratic Senate to agree on or the prez to sign. But the numbers don't lie. Libs so love to endlessly parrot the tired-old line that it's been a Republican-controlled do-nothing Congress (referring to the Republican House). Clearly somebody's been doing nothing, but it's ludicrous to point the finger at the House of Representatives.

Well, maybe "know" is a pretty strong verb to use here.....

Wow. Talk about male insecurity.

Strong women must be "lesbians"?

Where is PatsyCat to chime in on this one?