getting my extension of stay what form do i need

well i am getting ready to go get my 12 month extension, based on retirement ( my first time for wife and me) so i don't remember what form I need tm7 or tm47 i know it sounds silly and for some reason i cant open the the file s when i down load. my adobe newest version cant open it . so any help would be great

And if you're planning on going abroad during the extension period you'll also need a re-entry permit to keep your permission to stay alive upon your return. Definitely worth obtaining at the same time as your extension if your office do both at the same window like mine (Maptaput) does, rather than make you queue up again for the re-entry permit. The form you'll need to complete is the TM8.

And if you're planning on going abroad during the extension period you'll also need a re-entry permit to keep your permission to stay alive upon your return. Definitely worth obtaining at the same time as your extension if your office do both at the same window like mine (Maptaput) does, rather than make you queue up again for the re-entry permit. The form you'll need to complete is the TM8.

i cant seem to down load tm8 either , i am in Chiang Mia

Edited by camsouth

I just did my 1 year extension of stay at Dan Kwian in Korat. In addition to the the TM 7 for extension of stay and a TM 8 for multiple entry I was also required to provide copies of all my previous extensions of stay , main passport page, departure card. In additional it is now required you sign a statement in Thai and English saying you are aware of the penalty for over stay. Also be aware if you use you "Yellow Book" (house book for foreigners) to show residence you will be required to sign a separate page in Thai. The immigration center in Dan Kwian had a along wait and I was turned away the first day after showing up at 1 pm and told to return the next day at 8 am. I had no problems with the income verification from the U.S.A embassy. I have also had friends who are on work permits being asked for original employment documents. I hope this helps and good luck.... The requirements are definitely enforced more than in the past.

Most immigration offices will want proof of residence when you do the extension. Normal if you are renting is the rental agreement, copy of owners house book and ID card.

well i have my lease contract with owner of condo will that do?will i need a yellow book? what is that ? i do have a copy of owners id card

Most immigration offices will want proof of residence when you do the extension. Normal if you are renting is the rental agreement, copy of owners house book and ID card.

well i have my lease contract with owner of condo will that do?will i need a yellow book? what is that ? i do have a copy of owners id card

The lease contract is acceptable. You may also need a copy of the owners house book.

You don't need a yellow house book. It is a house book for foreigners that is not easy to get.

camsouth, on 07 Nov 2014 - 11:33, said:
ubonjoe, on 07 Nov 2014 - 09:44, said:

The yellow house book (for foreigners) is known as a 'Tabian Ban'

They are blue or black for Thais.

The lease contract is acceptable. You may also need a copy of the owners house book.

You don't need a yellow house book. It is a house book for foreigners that is not easy to get.

the juristic person at the condo will give me the registration form or copy of house book they keep. hope that works

I just did my 1 year extension of stay at Dan Kwian in Korat. In addition to the the TM 7 for extension of stay and a TM 8 for multiple entry I was also required to provide copies of all my previous extensions of stay , main passport page, departure card. In additional it is now required you sign a statement in Thai and English saying you are aware of the penalty for over stay. Also be aware if you use you "Yellow Book" (house book for foreigners) to show residence you will be required to sign a separate page in Thai. The immigration center in Dan Kwian had a along wait and I was turned away the first day after showing up at 1 pm and told to return the next day at 8 am. I had no problems with the income verification from the U.S.A embassy. I have also had friends who are on work permits being asked for original employment documents. I hope this helps and good luck.... The requirements are definitely enforced more than in the past.

Hi DickS.

How long ago did you obtain you extension of stay. Mine is not due until February and apart from the normal paperwork listed I have never been asked to produce previous extensions of stay nor sign a statement in relation to over stay. I assume this may have arisen because of the clamp down that is apparently happening now.

With my wife being a school teacher and having a government residence, we have never had to provide any house books, she just provides a detailed hand drawn diagram of the location of our home. I do not know if this is normal or not. in addition, no one has ever attended there to check nor have they asked for photographs.

In so far as the 90 day report, as the immigration office in fully computerised, there is no form to complete, the Officer does this via computer and all I do is sign the print out. I report in Udon Thani and have never had any of the problems some guys on here seem to experience.

Udon is a very busy office yet the staff are very efficient and are maybe more knowledgeable then others, I don't know but I really feel for those of you who are told to go away and come back the next day. For 90 day report, total time spent, 10 minutes or on other occasions, 5 minutes. For the extension of stay, tops 45 minutes. On one occasion, I misplaced my photos for the extension and rather then send me away the Officer used their camera and took a number pf photos at no charge. A pleasant surprise.

All in all, Udon Thani immigration is one of the most pleasant experiences I've had with any government department. I know we would all like less reporting but at least this branch makes your time there bearable.