How does a PNG (blacklist) stamp look like? Blacklisted or Not?

I was deported in february. For overstay. I "surrended" to immigration in BKK went to court, paid fine and was deported the same night, had flight ticket already when I went to immigration. I have done this before. Everything went alright exept that when the officer took me to the flight at suvannaphumi we stop at a smoking room for last ciggarett before flight. Immigration officer asked me if I wanted to come back to thailand. I said yes. He then looked in his papers and said. Sorry you can not come back. I asked: am I blacklisted, he said yes...I was at IDC all day and nobody said nothing about blacklist. No document of this was given to me.

Officer asked me. What have you done, why blacklist? I said, have done nothing, only overstay. This was about 30 mins before my flight at 01.00 in the morrning so I was very tired after whole day at court and immigration. He asked me if I wanted him to cheek why I am blacklisted. But I said. Never mind, I just want to get on the plane and go home now. I think maybe he was trying to hassle me? He said very expensive to fix problem with blacklist, I said never mind, just want to go home.

I had only an emergecy passport printed out on a paper from my embassy and when I arrived to sweden swedish immigration took this from me. I rememberd there was an stamp at the passport. Big stamp, lots of blue text with one red line in the middle, all in thai. Stamp was alot bigger then the regular stamp you get for arrive and depature from thailand. Almost not look like stamp, look like alot of text. I wish I still had the stamp, but I have not. So does anyone know how blcklist stamp look like?

I have contacted thai embassy in sweden, finland, germany and england but they can not help. Also swedish embassy in BKK can not help. Everyone just tell me to go and take my chance, only way to find out is to go there they say at embassy. I think very bad advice. When I get there and if I am blacklist they have to arrest me and deport me again, why not tell me before I go?

Is it possible to call immigration in bkk and ask? How much for lawyer to help? Who is good lawyer?

Sorry for long post. Will be very happy for help/advice!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You aren't blacklisted if, as you say, you did nothing over than overstay. The officer asking if you wanted him to 'check' for you and saying it was 'very expensive' may have had ulterior motives.

Persona non grata include:

- Those who have been imprisoned by the judgment of a Thai court or by a lawful injunction

- Those who have no appropriate means of earning a living once they have entered the Kingdom.

- Those who, having entered the Kingdom to take up employment as laborers or practice other forms of manual work that require no special skill or training

And others described here - http://www.thaivisa.com/392-0.html

Edited by jspill

You aren't blacklisted if, as you say, you did nothing over than overstay. The officer asking if you wanted him to 'check' for you and saying it was 'very expensive' may have had ulterior motives.

Persona non grata include:

- Those who have been imprisoned by the judgment of a Thai court or by a lawful injunction

- Those who have no appropriate means of earning a living once they have entered the Kingdom.

- Those who, having entered the Kingdom to take up employment as laborers or practice other forms of manual work that require no special skill or training

And others described here - http://www.thaivisa.com/392-0.html

Yes I know that normaly overstay is not a reson for overstay. But the stamp in my passport makes me worry, never seen that before and I have overstayd many times. I´ve searched the net for pic of overstay stamp but can not find!

I don´t say thailand should let me come back, just want to know if they will or not! If not I will accept and I understand that my own behavior have caused this problem.

• Like 1

Serial visa abusers are exactly the reason why it becomes more difficult for others. The sense of entitlement with these lot is overwhelming.

Correct and as the abuse continues so will the difficulty in getting a a visa, this is borne out by the clamping down/additional requirements for Ed visas, I mean people have the cheek to acquire an Ed visa to learn Thai and don't even turn up for classes, or even work full time in jobs or business's and not comply with the requirements for their visa's

So that is only creating difficulty for those that don't turn up to classes or working while on an Ed visa, not a clampdown on the 'others' mrtoad refers to.

I would think that since you only had an ETD, as you say printed on a piece of paper, and that the court had ordered your deportation then there likely would be all sorts of special notations put on that travel document. Whether that means you were blacklisted, who knows? But it doesn't seem to be normal practice.

If I was in your shoes I would buy a return flight to Bangkok (from Stockholm?) and then separately buy a full fare ticket on THAI Airways to e.g. Phnom Penh (or somewhere nearby you can enter without problem) for a flight leaving a few hours after your arrival to BKK. Once you land in BKK, attempt to enter Thailand as normal. If denied entry, that's fine, check in for your next flight at the transit counter. If allowed entry, go straight to the TG ticketing office, cancel your flight and refund the full fare ticket.

Edit: Forgot to mention that, perhaps obvious, but you can only have hand-carry not checked luggage in this scenario.

Edited by thedemon

I would think that since you only had an ETD, as you say printed on a piece of paper, and that the court had ordered your deportation then there likely would be all sorts of special notations put on that travel document. Whether that means you were blacklisted, who knows? But it doesn't seem to be normal practice.

If I was in your shoes I would buy a return flight to Bangkok (from Stockholm?) and then separately buy a full fare ticket on THAI Airways to e.g. Phnom Penh (or somewhere nearby you can enter without problem) for a flight leaving a few hours after your arrival to BKK. Once you land in BKK, attempt to enter Thailand as normal. If denied entry, that's fine, check in for your next flight at the transit counter. If allowed entry, go straight to the TG ticketing office, cancel your flight and refund the full fare ticket.

Edit: Forgot to mention that, perhaps obvious, but you can only have hand-carry not checked luggage in this scenario.

That's a sensible option but why not apply for a visa for Thailand first and see what happens. If the visa is granted 99% sure you won't have a problem.

• Like 1

That's a sensible option but why not apply for a visa for Thailand first and see what happens. If the visa is granted 99% sure you won't have a problem.

I think thats not true. Because Thai embassy tell me they do not cheek the "blacklist" when approv visa! They don´t have immigration axess. Everyone can get Tourist visa, but can be denied at entry to thailand.

• Like 1

I wouldn't think they would blacklist even serial overstayed.

Although I think frequent blatant disregard for the laws is a good reason.

How many overstays do you have? How long are the overstays?

If truly blacklisted, I would suspect something else is going on.

• Like 1

4 long overstays. 3 times over 300 days each time and 1 time about 200 days.

Deported 2 times, but "volontary deported", never been looked up, only 1 day at IDC each time

Lost passport every time

4 long overstays. 3 times over 300 days each time and 1 time about 200 days.

Deported 2 times, but "volontary deported", never been looked up, only 1 day at IDC each time

Lost passport every time

I would not repeat any overstay. More than likely a judge will not be amused by a serial overstayer and give you a suprise. Beside that at any time the new rules for overstay can now come into effect.

• Like 1

@mrtoad. I don't here those people moaning, I hear them asking questions which is a very productive way to recieve an appropriate answer. What I do hear are people quite like yourself who are in fact the moaners. And honestly I live in the real world, do you? You must be one of those pensioners that I mentioned in my previous post.

• Like 1

At the end of the day the law is the law and it seems as if the O.P has a total flagrant batant disregard for the law hence the situation he or she now finds themselves in.

One question if your house was ransacked by thieves would you expect them to be given access to your property again of your own free will

Somehow I doubt it.

It is the O.P.'s actions that creates the hurdles and lift the barriers even higher for the rest of the ex-pats whatever their nationalities may be in their honest applications to stay here.

In truth in my view Thailand is the better for not having the O.P. here and hopefully not allowing the O.P. back here.

Yes you are right! My behavior have been really bad. I have not taken responsibility for anyting. I have just been drunk and stupid. If they dont want me back I will fully understand. I´m not saying that its unfair if I have been blacklisted. But I still want to know if I am or not and if I´m not I will go back! If I am...Angeles City here I come ;)

I think that the comparison with thives that ransack a house is a little harsh, but ok, I get your point!