How does a PNG (blacklist) stamp look like? Blacklisted or Not?

Perhaps if the boneheaded OP had gone directly to the airport instead of going to immigration in BKK he would have simply paid the overstay fine and boarded his flight!!! NO PROBLEM.

QUESTION: Why do guys think they need to check in at a immigration office because of uberstay before they simply leave the country???

ANSWER: Because they did not check with the dudes on ThaiVisa first. Simple.

Wrong! Because of lost passport I had to go to immigration to get new entry stamp in new emergancy passport, when I went to do that (I had a embassy staff who is native thai speaker with me) they said I had to go to IDC so they could make investigation because of lost passport and long overstay. So it would have been impossible for me to leave the county without going trough IDC.

If I had not lost passport I would have gone straigth to airport ofcourse

Seems like the dudes at thaivisa don´t know everything, yes wink.png

Wrong you are my overstay friend. I have personal experience in this matter. I lost my passport for 1 year+. I was building a house and it was honestly misplaced. I was actually too busy to leave my building project to be bothered with 90 day, or to extend my retirement visa. My Thai builder was stealing me blind ever time I left the property. I said screw it, I'll deal with immigration later.

A year and a few months later after the house project was finished I went to my embassy and acquired an emergency travel passport with a police report statement of loss. Then I booked a flight to Laos to get a new non-o visa based on retirement.

At the airport they checked my new emergency travel passport and... (read carefully here) the photo copy I always keep of my original passport! (This is not a new idea) Then I simply paid my fine and left. The guys at the desk actually said, "Mai pen rai". Came back to Swampy after a refreshing few days of beer drinking and lounging by the hotel pool in Venetian. The Thai consolate in V. Was a breeze.

So you see, the thaivisa dudes have almost seen and done everything and it can be safely said that there is nothing new under the sun at Thaivisa. We've seen and done it all. Amen!

you are wrong Dude !

Most of us are not done any visa law braking !

Most of us are care to do it correct by law !!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't condone serial overstaying but the officer in question may have been simply fishing for a bung!

It is in reality a very costly exercise to be removed form the blacklist - so by telling you you are blacklisted (when you were in reality not blacklisted) could be a quick earner for him.

No fine or (even the threat of a) ban but that was a different time. I think we where still paying airport tax when we left the country.

Still the case today, at the airport less than 1 day there is no fine.

I don't condone serial overstaying but the officer in question may have been simply fishing for a bung!

It is in reality a very costly exercise to be removed form the blacklist - so by telling you you are blacklisted (when you were in reality not blacklisted) could be a quick earner for him.

I really hope that it is so! I hope he just wanted some cash. But way ask me this 30-40 mins before flight? I had been sitting 4 houers waiting in "police room" in the basement in suvannaphumi. But there was many police coming and going so maybe he couldent ask there. I don´t know...

He showed me some paper, but all in thai so I coulden´t read it, but nobody never gave me any paper or asked me to sign something!

I think its about 90% risk I am blacklist, but my hope is that maybe only a 5 year ban not the 99 years one.

The lesson is learned, stay away, stay home or go elsewhere. What troubles me the most is the Immg. officer, saying; "...very expensive to fix problem..." This is also the problem, as many have said, this kind of offender fouls it for those of us, who follow the rules. The officer is the enabler. A vicious cycle.

The lesson is learned, stay away, stay home or go elsewhere. What troubles me the most is the Immg. officer, saying; "...very expensive to fix problem..." This is also the problem, as many have said, this kind of offender fouls it for those of us, who follow the rules. The officer is the enabler. A vicious cycle.

The lesson is don't overstay.

If it was foreigners in their own countries abusing immigration laws i wonder what the views would be.

Thailand or any country doesn't need these lot.

• Like 2

The lesson is don't overstay.

If it was foreigners in their own countries abusing immigration laws i wonder what the views would be.

Thailand or any country doesn't need these lot.

Usually the illegals in western countries are trying to get residence and then the welfare net and benefits that come with residence. Thailand offers none of that, so your comparison is irrelevent.

• Like 1

andiso, since you did not photograph the stamp you got in your emergency travel document I have a feeling that you still would not know whether it was a blacklist stamp even if you were shown one now.

Anyway, I have dug up the following stamp which is purportedly a Thai blacklist stamp, but as I cannot read Thai I cannot confirm it.

post-21260-0-67095700-1415378856_thumb.j

Looking at the numbers in the red text in the above image, I would make the following guess:

2552 --> Immigration Act B.E. 2522

12 --> Section 12 of the Immigration Act

๗ --> the 7th item in the items list in Section 12

This would make it a reference to the following text in the Immigration Act:

Section 12 : Aliens which fall into any of the following categories are excluded from entering into the
Kingdom :
7. Having behavior which would indicated possible danger to the public or likelihood of being a
nuisance or constituting any violence to the peace or safety of the public or to the security of the public or
to the security of the nation , or being under warrant of arrest by competent officials of foreign
governments.

andiso, since you did not photograph the stamp you got in your emergency travel document I have a feeling that you still would not know whether it was a blacklist stamp even if you were shown one now.

Anyway, I have dug up the following stamp which is purportedly a Thai blacklist stamp, but as I cannot read Thai I cannot confirm it.

attachicon.gifBlacklist stamp Thailand.jpg

Thank You biggrin.png As far as I remember my stamp was bigger, more text in blue and only 1 line of red text. But as you say it would be better if I had a photo of it. But thank you alot!

Andiso, I envy you. I always leave the country the day before my visa expires, just in case, to avoid any overstay. I also book a taxi so I arrive hours before my flight just in case there may be a delay. If the taxi is late or there is a delay, I start to panic. I want to study your brain. I cannot imagine overstaying repeatedly for hundreds of days each time with such a cavalier attitude.

• Like 2

You are one of the guys who make it hard for the rest of us. Why should Thailand let you back in, and why should I care?

If it was just once for a "reasonable" amount of time... But you are a serial overstayer and I hope they keep you out.

Cheers.

You really think that if no one overstayed or messed with immigration that the Thais would reform their immigration law for farangs?

No way....never going to happen

• Like 1

You are one of the guys who make it hard for the rest of us. Why should Thailand let you back in, and why should I care?

If it was just once for a "reasonable" amount of time... But you are a serial overstayer and I hope they keep you out.

Cheers.

You really think that if no one overstayed or messed with immigration that the Thais would reform their immigration law for farangs?

No way....never going to happen

Probably not, but the other side to this, if people consistently disregard the rules, they will most certainly make things harder for people as you are giving them an excuse to make it harder.

People say Thailand needs to update its visa/immigration rules and should be in line with the "west" which is fine, but one must also accept in the West, if people doe take the p*ss out of the rules, there can be some pretty stiff consequences.

One suspects if the OP was in the UK/US/Aussie and had done what he had done, he would be banned from the country for specific length of time.

I believe immigration reform is due to immigration's perception of many foreigners breaking rules and not using visas for their intended purpose

The chances of being caught and the penalty are so low that many people find it easier to break the rules than conform.

This leads to stricter rules and higher requirements for people following the law. Sometimes ridiculously hard rules are created as a reaction.

The crackdown currently seems to be focusing on overstay and Ed visa.

Maybe other visas or longer visas will be offered in the future when this problem is reduced.

People break the rules in the west because of the benefits they receive. (Maybe job opportunities -not just welfare).

People break the rules in Thailand because of the benefits they receive(cost of living, people, environment)

This is their country.

We are their guest.

If I don't like a rule I must conform or leave.

This is their country.

We are their guest.

You miss something off your list.

You can always choose to break the rule if that's what you want to do, it's not just conform or leave. There's a lot of people out there who do whatever they want and to hell with the rules, there always will be.

There may be consequences for doing this but never forget - it's a route which many will take.

This is their country.

We are their guest.

You miss something off your list.

You can always choose to break the rule if that's what you want to do, it's not just conform or leave. There's a lot of people out there who do whatever they want and to hell with the rules, there always will be.

There may be consequences for doing this but never forget - it's a route which many will take.

Because of low chances of being caught and low penalties, many people break some rules.

Hopefully not repeatedly and with a callous attitude saying Tit.

Most people break some laws (speeding, no helmet, ...)

I was brought up very strict - maybe too strict.

Occasionally bending rules probably causes no harm until it becomes prolific - then many people suffer.

4 long overstays. 3 times over 300 days each time and 1 time about 200 days.

Deported 2 times, but "volontary deported", never been looked up, only 1 day at IDC each time

Lost passport every time

Blacklisting aside what I find amazing is the number of lost passports and the apparent ease it appears the OP has obtained new passports.

In some countries lose one passport and its accepted as OK. Lose a 2nd passport within say 10 years, lots of questions will be asked and there could be restrictions on validity of the new passport.

4 lost passports? Hmmm

This is unfortunately enough not uncommon nowadays.Im Norwegian and in my country there are thousands who loses their passport every year for the second ,third or even fourth time.

There has been talk about restricting the issuing of new passports to those who travels with their head up their arse and who doesn`t understand what a valuable and important document a passport is.......Let`s hope they implement it !!

• Like 1

Cheers.

Can you please define "the rest of us" ....

• Like 1

Whay !

This man when he start this line is a SWEDICH MAN he can read this, end this is for him elone what i print

Your post was removed without notice under a warning done prior to your post.

From Forum Rules

"English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed."

Thank you all for good advice. I have found someone who will cheek for me. If thred still open when I get answer I will report!

Big thanks for advice on thai visa services and for admin who found pic of blacklist stamp!

Have a nice weekend!

• Like 1