Kanchanaburi: Woman's body found in river

webfact

Woman's body found in river
The Nation

30247193-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A WOMAN'S body was found inside a bag that surfaced in the Mae Klong River in Kanchanaburi. Police were trying to identify the woman yesterday while the autopsy results are pending.

Provincial police chief Maj-General Kamolsanti Klanbut said the victim was probably a regular at night spots and could have been a pole dancer based on her navel ring.

He said the 80-by-30-centimetre bag was dumped in the river around three years ago. The officer called on people with a missing relative to inspect a photo of the woman at Tha Muang Police Station in Kanchanaburi or inspect the body at the Institute of Forensic Medicine in Bangkok.

Short blue jeans, a pair of high-heeled shoes and a black brassiere were found inside the bag along with two large stones. She had long hair and fair skin and had sustained a 75-millimetre cut to the forehead.

He said doctors are unsure if she died from the head wound.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Womans-body-found-in-river-30247193.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-11-07

Wt?

Did the bag have a date on it? These police are incredulous. Pin it on a Burmese labourer. Keep it simple.

I was wondering what kind of a bag it was. It looks brand new after being in a river for so long, and it preserved a human body so well.

She had long hair and fair skin

BSJ post # 2

The statements that come from the police are often mindboggling!

Impossible, there is no mind to boggle.

mind-bog·gling (m nd b g l ng). adj. Informal. Intellectually or emotionally overwhelming:

• Like 2

>Provincial police chief Maj-General Kamolsanti Klanbut said the victim was probably a regular at night spots and could have been a pole dancer based on her navel ring.<quote>

Where do they find those idiots??cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

Many, many people have body piercing, but to automatically equate a navel ring with a pole dancer is ridiculous. By all means mention the ring but don't make speculations as to the deceased's profession.

Edited by Toknarok

Many, many people have body piercing, but to automatically equate a navel ring with a pole dancer is ridiculous. By all means mention the ring but don't make speculations as to the deceased's profession.

Why not when doing so might help someone to recall that time period or the woman it might be.

Oh, unless, you are passing judgement on the profession of dancer, would you be offended if the deceased was thought to possibly be an office worker?

In the US, a police statement would most certainly include: "The subject might have worked as a nightclub worker or exotic dancer. Anyone that might have knowledge about this person is encouraged to contact the Police."

I swear, the level of hatred towards the RTP by the TV community is absolutely amazing.

possibly somehow justified???

Crazy Chef,

I am a big fan of your posts; however, I would disagree that the level of hatred is justified. This thread is a perfect example--its just full of bashers.

I have never had issues with the RTP personally but then I don't break laws and I don't do drugs. I suppose if I was the type to drive drunk I might feel differently--those types of guys like to blame everyone but themselves.

Cheers

Edited by ClutchClark

Why not when doing so might help someone to recall that time period or the woman it might be.

Oh, unless, you are passing judgement on the profession of dancer, would you be offended if the deceased was thought to possibly be an office worker?

In the US, a police statement would most certainly include: "The subject might have worked as a nightclub worker or exotic dancer. Anyone that might have knowledge about this person is encouraged to contact the Police."

I swear, the level of hatred towards the RTP by the TV community is absolutely amazing.

possibly somehow justified???

Crazy Chef,

I am a big fan of your posts; however, I would disagree that the level of hatred is justified. This thread is a perfect example--its just full of bashers.

I have never had issues with the RTP personally but then I don't break laws and I don't do drugs. I suppose if I was the type to drive drunk I might feel differently--those types of guys like to blame everyone but themselves.

Cheers

thanks for the "flowers".

i also never encountered any problems with the RTP and i agree that hate is not appropriate rather disgrace.

I am sure the "three years" must be a translation mistake or a slip of the tongue. Surely it is meant to be three days.

I agree there must be some problem with the translation. After 3 days the gasses would make bag raise from the bottom of the river, a couple of rocks would not stop that, after 3 years there would not be much to look at but some putrid liquid and some bones.

Quality journalism rather than quality police officer?

• Like 1

"Provincial police chief Maj-General Kamolsanti Klanbut said the victim was probably a regular at night spots and could have been a pole dancer based on her navel ring." Did the ring have 'I am a pole dancer' stamped on it?

"He said the 80-by-30-centimetre bag was dumped in the river around three years ago. " From what I know about body decomposition I am thinking 3 days before all the little water critters make the body hard to recognize.

How would the little water critters get inside the plastic bag?

"Provincial police chief Maj-General Kamolsanti Klanbut said the victim was probably a regular at night spots and could have been a pole dancer based on her navel ring." Did the ring have 'I am a pole dancer' stamped on it?

"He said the 80-by-30-centimetre bag was dumped in the river around three years ago. " From what I know about body decomposition I am thinking 3 days before all the little water critters make the body hard to recognize.

The only thing more mind-boggling is how the TV forensics team can make determinations based on a single news article and never even having to see the bag, the body, anything at all.

Is it that the TV:CSI team is really that good or is it that they don't know <delete> from shinola ?

Except in this case the deductions are logical.

A body after three years under water in a plastic bag would be unrecognisable and a naval ring does not mean you are a pole dancer.

The clothes and other details mentioned could lead to that conclusion, but just a naval ring, no, that's not logical at all.

Dear Mr. Provincial Sherlock, next time you find a body with a naval ring and above average body hair, it may not necessarily be a regular at a nightspot it could turn out to be a Grizzly Bear.

• Like 1

The only thing more mind-boggling is how the TV forensics team can make determinations based on a single news article and never even having to see the bag, the body, anything at all.

Is it that the TV:CSI team is really that good or is it that they don't know <delete> from shinola ?

Except in this case the deductions are logical.

A body after three years under water in a plastic bag would be unrecognisable and a naval ring does not mean you are a pole dancer.

The clothes and other details mentioned could lead to that conclusion, but just a naval ring, no, that's not logical at all.

Blues,

I am going to have to side with the investigators who have actually seen the body over a bunch of bored, hung over farangs who read an article written by someone who speaks English as a Second language. How many times have you seen incorrectly reported news items in your years here?

For instance, everyone is harping on the 3 years in the bag--have you considered it was a typo?

Has anyone considered a family woman who resided in the area with her family as either a daughter or wife might likely have been reported missing?

Have you guys considered that on the very best day of CSI: TV that the police still do abetter job than you guys? What is the post above, one of the great TV forensics bunch has possibly spotted a box in the bag? And, what, he thinks the police did not find such box because it wasn't in this news article?

Well, please get on with your investigation.

I am just being a wiseguy with you. You know more about Thailand than I do. I am a short-timer and soon leaving for good. Maybe a week tops.

;-)

Edited by ClutchClark
  • Like 1

When you assign non trained people to determine who will determine/investigate the cause/solution , of a problem , you would normally monitor their actions, response to the media etc. In the case of the RTP , it would appear they ensure those who are under their command have less knowledge, training, etc, thus no threat to their much sought, paid for position. The RTP are the basic building block foundation that is behind the corruption, drugs, etc in this country.

The media prints or in some cases misprints info given to them, but as they are either untrained or too afraid to ask specfic questions, the public has little real information as to what has/may/will transpire.

>Provincial police chief Maj-General Kamolsanti Klanbut said the victim was probably a regular at night spots and could have been a pole dancer based on her navel ring.<quote>

Where do they find those idiots??cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

"Those idiots" are everywhere. Take a walk outside your door and point your finger.

• Like 1

How would the little water critters get inside the plastic bag?

rethaier, can I draw you attention to the picture I have included that shows a plastic bag. You will notice the large hole in the end, which is the common feature of all plastic bags big and small. This hole is very difficult to make water tight. The best method is to heat seal....and even then it may not be 100%.

So using string, rubber bands or wire will not give a perfect seal. I rest my case!

post-63954-0-84997700-1415336259_thumb.j

He probably said just that! Everything that is reported here is transliterated.Therefore we need to remember that many things are lost in translation. 99% of people on this forum forget that and are ready to attack from the off! Most westerners also assume that our ways are superior to everyone else. This imperialistic mindset is rife..

• Like 2

He probably said just that! Everything that is reported here is transliterated.Therefore we need to remember that many things are lost in translation. 99% of people on this forum forget that and are ready to attack from the off! Most westerners also assume that our ways are superior to everyone else. This imperialistic mindset is rife..

Thats it. No need to read History to understand Imperialism--its here in contemporary society.

Makes one appreciate Graham Greene novels all the more.

Cheers

• Like 1