Visa agent

KarenBravo

Need a recommendation for a visa agent.

I was given the name of Toto which was recommended by a number of friends. They quoted a price of 30,000 Bt to organise a retirement conversion with the multiple entry travel permit.

I thought the price was very high, but, only later realised that this was probably due to the "loan" of the 800,000 Bt you need to show.

I have my own funds and it will be properly seasoned by the time I need to apply for the one year extension which will be in March 2015.

Reading all the threads on Phuket Town immigration making things difficult (because their little scam of charging for free stuff has been exposed)for foreigners, I really don't think I have the patience for all that guff.

Am willing to pay an agency to do all the leg work, does anyone have an email address for an agent, or lawyers office that can go to immigration and get it done?

Is it possible that the Immigration Officers on Phuket are making life hard for expats, on purpose, so using the services of an agent becomes attractive?

Then, the Immigration Officers charge the agents more, who then charge the customers more.

Then, the agents collude to set ridiculous prices, with full knowledge by Immigration Officers. The result may be, we all pay more, forever.

Immigration Officers may just push their scam underground, and receive their corrupt payments directly off agents, which will be difficult to prove is occurring.

I'm wondering if you guys on retirement visas shouldn't try to withstand this annoyance, for your own financial gain, now, and in the future, and for those expats who come after you, and also as a stand against corruption from this Thai Government Department.

Just something to consider, as starting to use agents here may be self defeating.

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 2

I see your over-active, feverish imagination is working overtime again.

If it wasn't such an amusing post NKM, I'd tell you to butt-out unless you have a recommendation......

Of course, it has never been known to happen here, has it?

I can see it now, "The Visa Agents Association." cheesy.gif

• Like 1

KB, it does sound a nightmare right now and I completely understand the way you feel.

If you can hold out until low season, things are much quieter, plus the current trend of visa-runners "going legal" may be over by then and you should be able to do it yourself relatively easily. But if it has to be March then the agent may be your best option. Plenty of time to find a good one before that date.

I was given the name of Toto which was recommended by a number of friends. They quoted a price of 30,000 Bt to organise a retirement conversion with the multiple entry travel permit.

I thought the price was very high, but, only later realised that this was probably due to the "loan" of the 800,000 Bt you need to show.

I have my own funds and it will be properly seasoned by the time I need to apply for the one year extension which will be in March 2015.

Reading all the threads on Phuket Town immigration making things difficult (because their little scam of charging for free stuff has been exposed)for foreigners, I really don't think I have the patience for all that guff.

Am willing to pay an agency to do all the leg work, does anyone have an email address for an agent, or lawyers office that can go to immigration and get it done?

Grow up! Just do it yourself, there is no hassle, retirement if you have the seasoned funds is easy.

Hi

I actually did it all myself, first go, and they were nice and helpful.

The thing they seemed interested in was , that the 800,000 Baht had been in my Bank Account for more than 3 months..

The rest of the documentation they just skimmed across.

Might be worth a try, it worked for me.

All the best

• Like 2

you can try these guys www.phuketvisa.com they have 3 thai lawyers the one i spoke was competent well informed and did not try and sell me serveses i did not need.

i got my retirement visa form a agent in pattaya a number of years ago and it was about 30,000. thb plus expenses

i was in phuketvisa on another matter while they were not cheap i was impressed they seemed to be reputable.

good luck

Grow up! Just do it yourself, there is no hassle, retirement if you have the seasoned funds is easy.

Really? Grow up? The Op doesn't want to waste time hanging around at an immi office, where you may get served today or more likely tomorrow.... I agree with the OP, I will happily pay someone to do the leg work... Some people's time (including mine) is more valuable to them, than it appears to be to others... by all means, waste your time at immi, but don't have a go at someone who doesn't want to waste time. Each has a choice.

It doesn't work in your world? Fine and good.... Instead of contributing a smart arse comment, why don't ya just ignore the post?

There are agencies that will do this kind of work, quite happily, and take your money, if there wasn't a market, like the OP, there would be no agencies...

Edited by winnerinsix
  • Like 1

you can try these guys www.phuketvisa.com they have 3 thai lawyers the one i spoke was competent well informed and did not try and sell me serveses i did not need.

i got my retirement visa form a agent in pattaya a number of years ago and it was about 30,000. thb plus expenses

i was in phuketvisa on another matter while they were not cheap i was impressed they seemed to be reputable.

good luck

Welcome to the forum very old man!

Maybe some of the cards here will direct some of their hilarious "old" jibs in your direction and not at me in the future.

Don't let them worry you, that's all they've got.

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Really? Grow up? The Op doesn't want to waste time hanging around at an immi office, where you may get served today or more likely tomorrow.... I agree with the OP, I will happily pay someone to do the leg work... Some people's time (including mine) is more valuable to them, than it appears to be to others... by all means, waste your time at immi, but don't have a go at someone who doesn't want to waste time. Each has a choice.

It doesn't work in your world? Fine and good.... Instead of contributing a smart arse comment, why don't ya just ignore the post?

There are agencies that will do this kind of work, quite happily, and take your money, if there wasn't a market, like the OP, there would be no agencies...

He has the funds and he reads posts like yours, and quote........have my own funds and it will be properly seasoned by the time I need to apply for the one year extension which will be in March 2015.

Not my experience at all ..maybe the people who find the service good should post, I suspect that they would be in the majority.

And you of course find that paying an agency for a simple retirement visa to save the leg work! What leg work? Is the way forward in this case.

The agency's are there for the people like you who are scared of interacting with immigration or just simple don't understand how to do it....or indeed as you post implies, have more money than they need ( and paying agencies to do simple work because your time is important, meaning you can earn more that the agency charges? is not the way to get richer)

Now you have the option of ignoring my post...

Seriously, if you have all proper paperwork, you don't need any sort of agent. Dress properly, go by yourself and you will have your visa.

I hate dealing with government agencies in general and I had no issue with immigration here in Thailand.

Yes you can...

Edited by Petchou
  • Like 1

He has the funds and he reads posts like yours, and quote........have my own funds and it will be properly seasoned by the time I need to apply for the one year extension which will be in March 2015.

Not my experience at all ..maybe the people who find the service good should post, I suspect that they would be in the majority.

And you of course find that paying an agency for a simple retirement visa to save the leg work! What leg work? Is the way forward in this case.

The agency's are there for the people like you who are scared of interacting with immigration or just simple don't understand how to do it....or indeed as you post implies, have more money than they need ( and paying agencies to do simple work because your time is important, meaning you can earn more that the agency charges? is not the way to get richer)

Everybody makes their choices. You do it yourself, others choose to use an agent.

No need at all to talk down people who make a choice different from yours.

Everybody makes their choices. You do it yourself, others choose to use an agent.

No need at all to talk down people who make a choice different from yours.

I agree.

Welcome to the forum very old man!

Maybe some of the cards here will direct some of their hilarious "old" jibs in your direction and not at me in the future.

Don't let them worry you, that's all they've got.

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

That's not going to happen. You, OC, are our beloved resident grumpy old guy. We wouldn't swap you for a dozen of ordinary old people, because you are worth it.

Would recommend you check around existing/past clients carefully before using the services of any visa agent.

I have heard too many third party horror stories over the years about some visa agents regarding: fake/stolen visa stamps, lost passports, overstays, dodgy work permits. etc.

Buyer beware when you use any agent.

Grow up? You think I'm being childish?

Nope, just willing to pay some one else money to do the leg work. I really don't see what business it is of yours whether I should, or shouldn't use an agent.

Justify your post.....if you can.

To all the weirdos that have a problem with me going through an agency. Up until three months ago, I would have done it myself. I have never used an agent for anything in my life before. BUT, if you have been reading TV lately, there are now tickets handed out randomly, 30 in the morning and 30 in the afternoon. Only these ticketed people will be seen to. Since immigration have had their 300 Bt per proof of address taken away from them due to a complaint by a foreigner, they are doing their utmost to bugger you around. Changing the required paperwork, not letting you know when your passport is ready for collection and just being generally spiteful. I think Old Croc put it well in the Phuket Immigration thread. I am not willing to play their game, therefore I can and will use Thai agent to do it for me. Once immigration gets their head out of their posterior (if they ever do), I will consider doing it myself. I work hard for my money, so, I'll spend it anyway I want.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 2

hello

i was at phuket immigration this week for my 90 day, it is down stairs now mine went smoothly the official has seen me before and i had all my copys ready and sighed . he did not ask for my house registration and i do not have one . I was thinking of using a agent for my one year renewal .

a friend of mine just did a one year renewal with a reentry permit and it took him 5 visits.

please let us know if you find a good agent.

as to the comments by Kimera i have been reading this site for many years his comments and ones like it are the reason i do not post .

there are a lot of internet warriors these days they know every thing just ask them

hello

i was at phuket immigration this week for my 90 day, it is down stairs now mine went smoothly the official has seen me before and i had all my copys ready and sighed . he did not ask for my house registration and i do not have one . I was thinking of using a agent for my one year renewal .

a friend of mine just did a one year renewal with a reentry permit and it took him 5 visits.

please let us know if you find a good agent.

as to the comments by Kimera i have been reading this site for many years his comments and ones like it are the reason i do not post .

there are a lot of internet warriors these days they know every thing just ask them

Thank-you VOM. Your mate had to do five visits for exactly what I want to do.

Goes to prove what I have been hearing is correct.

Have to admit KB, although I, like most others I guess, am slightly in the dark over the 'new' routines, essentially they don't seem to have changed other than the potential of home verification proof (landlord/owner ID card copy, house (blue book etc) copy), and the need to get there extra early to beat the '30 heads and you're out scenario'. I know you own your home, so the house document thing is a no brainer.

I would struggle with paying an agent 28,000 baht more than what it would cost me to do it myself. That's a lot of very, very good lunches........biggrin.png

Have to admit KB, although I, like most others I guess, am slightly in the dark over the 'new' routines, essentially they don't seem to have changed other than the potential of home verification proof (landlord/owner ID card copy, house (blue book etc) copy), and the need to get there extra early to beat the '30 heads and you're out scenario'. I know you own your home, so the house document thing is a no brainer.

I would struggle with paying an agent 28,000 baht more than what it would cost me to do it myself. That's a lot of very, very good lunches........biggrin.png

I believe the 30,000 baht cost is for the dodgy people who do not have 800,000 baht in the bank for 3 months.

I gather a slice of that 30,000 baht goes to Immigration Officers to circumvent this requirement for the applicant.

If the Phuket Town Immigration Office is a bad as what we are hearing, I can only see it getting worse, as a big backlog is created.

I get the impression that many posters believe if they have all the correct paperwork, they will be fine. The visa will be issued on the first visit.

What we are hearing is that people are being turned away for the most most trivial reasons, and I would not be surprised that if someone did present with the correct paperwork, they would be turned away as well, just because the Immigration officer can. It could be something like, "I need see original of this." Or, "I need photocopy of this." He could come up with any reason, and there is nothing you can do but go away and come back again. There have been accounts of multiple visits before the visa was issued.

I understand KB's reasoning for going through and agent, but as mentioned earlier, I hope he, and many others, are not falling into a trap, one that will continue on into the future, for everyone.

Edited by NamKangMan

"I believe the 30,000 baht cost is for the dodgy people who do not have 800,000 baht in the bank for 3 months"

Believe what ever you want NAMKANGMAN but in reality you know nothing about me ! I may believe anything i want about you! arrogant know it all internet warrior with nothing to do but lay around thinking he knows every thing and better than any body, YES YOU KNOW IT ALL

@pagallim

Yes, NKM is right. The 30,000 Bt is for those people that don't have the 800,000 Bt. The agent lends it to them for a day, or so.

I have heard by word of mouth, that if you have the 800,000 Bt and it has been in the bank for the correct amount of time and you have a letter from the bank stating this, then the agent only has to actually do the leg-work.

This is why I started this thread. I need agent contacts so that I can check for myself what the cost will be if I DON'T need to borrow the 800,000 Bt.

If they are still charging 30,000 Bt, I'll do it myself. If the charge is 10,000 Bt, or less, I'll pay it.

Reading the threads about immigration, many posters are confirming that immigration have taken the end of their scam badly and are taking it out on us. One poster on this thread has confirmed that a friend of his had to do FIVE visits before he got the one year extension. I'm willing to pay to avoid all the bullsh1t.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 1

"I believe the 30,000 baht cost is for the dodgy people who do not have 800,000 baht in the bank for 3 months"

Believe what ever you want NAMKANGMAN but in reality you know nothing about me ! I may believe anything i want about you! arrogant know it all internet warrior with nothing to do but lay around thinking he knows every thing and better than any body, YES YOU KNOW IT ALL

I am under 50 years of age, so, I have never had a Retirement Visa.

I used the words, "I believe" because I was happy to stand corrected.

You could have just corrected me, if wrong, but I don't think I am.

I never claimed I knew your personal circumstances, nor do I care.

The rest of your post is just a personal attack of no substance.

Pour yourself another drink and chill out VOM. biggrin.png

Edited by NamKangMan

i paid 30,000. bht to get a retirement visa 9 years ago it was required of me to put the 800,000. bht in a account first they helped me get extensions to stay until the money was seasoned then they got the retirement visa for me. I had not been in thailand very long since then i have done all my extensions and reports my self.

This is the reason i take offense to being called dodgy by NKM for using a agent .

there are also many wealthy people n this island and 30,000 bht is nothing to them are they dodgy?

i paid 30,000. bht to get a retirement visa 9 years ago it was required of me to put the 800,000. bht in a account first they helped me get extensions to stay until the money was seasoned then they got the retirement visa for me. I had not been in thailand very long since then i have done all my extensions and reports my self.

This is the reason i take offense to being called dodgy by NKM for using a agent .

there are also many wealthy people n this island and 30,000 bht is nothing to them are they dodgy?

Once again, I believe the 800,000 baht must be YOURS, not anyone else's, and the balance must not go under 800,000 baht for 3 months.

Using the visa agent's money is illegal, however, Thailand being corrupt as it is, many people use this 30,000 baht visa agent service to get around not having the 800,000 bht, so, this is why I say it's "dodgy."

• Like 1