Beer Lao on sale in 7-11

Briggsy

I almost fell off my proverbial chair, even though I was standing up. Both kinds, dark and the normal one, too.

I never thought the day would come. They must have struck a distribution deal with one of the Thai beer companies. If they haven't, the big 3 will surely close this down.

thumbsup.gif

If 7-11 (a.k.a. CP) have a conflict with Thai Beverage (Chang, etc), Boonrawd (Singha, Leo, etc) or TAPB (Heineken), both parties will lose a lot of money.

That is why I think a deal has been done to "allow" Beer Lao in as opposed to 7-11 unilaterally introducing it to their product range.

two boddles of the lager ought to do me for the ride from our little town to changwat Suphan to go to the big lotac...I've always taken a big insulated cup with vodka, soda and a splash on that ride...now I can do it in style with decent beer like back in the US...in me new Isuzu crew cab pickup wid 60s rock on the box loud, step-daughter driving, of course...

in north central Vietnam we useta go to the supermarket on Saturday after work and then I'd drink 4 cans of cold bier Hanoi on the 1 hr ride from Ha Tinh city to Ky Anh and admire the gorgeous scenery...very nice, my week's entertainment...

that's everywhere at 7-11 that they got bier Lao and not just in BKK?

Edited by tutsiwarrior