Retirement extension at Kap Cheurn,Surin.

Has anybody got any info on Retirement extensions at Kap Cheurn.I heard 800k baht in a fixed deposit is no longer acceptable and quick change over to savings account is no good due to 3 month seasoning rule.Also the combo method is not being accepted.3 blokes affected swear they had everything correct.Immigration officer kept glancing at the tip jar.Good on these 3 men,they all walked out.I have had 800k baht in fixed deposit and this has been ok the last 4 extentions.Term finishes in January,but i will have to transfer in December to comply with 3 month seasoning rule,therefore losing interest.Anybody else been affected.

The rule always has been that you can put money in a deposit account, as long as you are able to withdraw the money at any moment. (That you would lose intrest is not relevant). If the term is fixed and you are not able to witdraw it immigration does not allow it.

The rule always has been that you can put money in a deposit account, as long as you are able to withdraw the money at any moment. (That you would lose intrest is not relevant). If the term is fixed and you are not able to witdraw it immigration does not allow it.

I have always used money in a fixed deposit,but apparently a particular gentleman has been putting his own interpretation on the rules.Time will tell,as always i have plan B.

I have always used money in a fixed deposit,but apparently a particular gentleman has been putting his own interpretation on the rules.Time will tell,as always i have plan B.

Yes chaps, the OP is spot on about this story....so anyone else be warned, it could be applied to you too.

BUT the rules are not being followed here...

• 2 weeks later...

More info on my post.I was at immi this morning doing 90 day report and asked about fixed deposit.This is now the criteria,you must have copies of 2 bank books,800k in fixed deposit and money in savings account showing movement of money.Forgot to ask about bank letters for both,but will give them a ring.She said it was part of the crackdown on farangs working.I said it's too hot to work,wry smile for lame joke.Now if you get money from foreign account via atm i presume you need proof.

Only the fixed account will need a bankletter. The savingsaccount is asked for to show you have money to spend in Thailand besides the money that is tied up in the bank for your extension. (It also shows where the money is coming from so you are not working).

If you get money fom a foreign account it is normally not a problem. Just take a few recent ATM slips with you to show you have money to spend and it is from abroad.

Immigration officer kept glancing at the tip jar.

A friend of mine has just renewed his Retirement extension at KCI. He keeps his money in a Foreign Currency Account ( UK Pound ).He asked at the bank for the letter and his Bankbook to be updated but the girl in the bank didn't fully update the book when it came to the bottom of the page and should have been re-inserted to make it up to date but she didn't.( Yes I know .....he should have checked rolleyes.gif )

Anyway he phoned me to tell me they made him drive all the way back to Surin to update his book as a Foreign Currency Account can only be updated at the branch of issue.

He also told me the Immigration Officer told him there was a 500 baht charge to transfer his visa extension into his new UK passport which he had picked up from Bangkok the day before.

I told him there was not fee to do this and when he receives his receipt, if it only says 1900 baht ask him politely for a bill for 2400 baht as this is what he was told was the cost.

So he waited for his passport to be stamped up and when he got his receipt for 1900 baht he did as I told him to do.

The Immigration officers face turned to thunder and he started speaking in Thai to my friends wife.She then told my friend "why you not give tip". He replied I would have done if he hadn't made me drive all the way back to Surin.

He then put 100 baht in the tip box and the Immigration Officer took it out and gave it back and said he didn't want it ....laugh.png

So be-warned....always asked for a receipt for any money asked for wink.png

• Like 2