Have my company messed up my Non-B extension?

Take the minimum income requirements for a workpermit into account. The 3% with holding tax you're paying is not a personal income tax and can afaik not be seen as 'tax paid'.

Agree with Paz, and check at an appropriate forum.

Thank you very much everybody for all your help - I really appreciate it.

So, the one remaining question that I have left:

Can I get a 1-year extension to my Non-B visa with only my Por Ngor Dor 3 from the immigration office - or am I stuck with going on a visa run every 3 months to get a new Non-B visa (3 month) from Penang?

Take the minimum income requirements for a workpermit into account.

There is no minimum salary requirement for work permits.

Only for extensions of stay under clause 2.1 of the immigration order has a minimum salary requirement.

Take the minimum income requirements for a workpermit into account.

There is no minimum salary requirement for work permits.

Only for extensions of stay under clause 2.1 of the immigration order has a minimum salary requirement.

Thanks, since I extend and renew that way I always connect them, but you're right.

I don't think they got you a work permit, did they?

Thanks Ubonjoe.

They did get me a work permit Alav - it's sitting on my desk in front of me. Would you like me to upload a picture of it? smile.png

What is the profession indicated on it?

That seems like a little too much.

That still leaves an extra 11,000 Baht a year I would have to pay on top of my withholding tax sad.png

You are right, my brain was only half awake. 10% up to 500,000 bath and 15% above. You're very lucky in paying so little compared to pretty much any country of the world.

Timbrett,

The original post states that you started working for them actually on 17 September. Did you work in Thailand anywhere else during the calendar year 2014? If not, your tax liability for 2014 would be "0" baht as you only worked 3.5 months during the taxable year, 2014 and all that you pay in in 2014 will be refunded when you file your tax return before March 1 2015! it doesn't matter whether your contract is 1 year, tax liability is based on the calendar year not your contract length.

You should figure out your tax liability for 2015 based on your current salary, divide that by 12 and have your employer increase your withholding to that amount beginning with the first payday in 2015 so the you won't be hit with a large amount payable when it comes due in 2016.

I did all of the taxes and withholding submitals for the farang teachers that worked with me as the school admin didn't have a clue and only withheld 1% and everybody was left with a big tax bill in March which had to be paid as you needed the receipt to do the next extension.

PM me with your monthly salary and your deductions (wife, children) and I will work up a ballpark figure for you. I don't understand why they are not withholding Social Security as they are required to and would normally be responsible for 1/2. You are a contract employee as you have a yearly contract, but that does not relive them of the responsibility of withholding taxes or contributing their share to social security. The Social Security used to be 1500/month and is usually split 59/50 between you and your employer and is added to the tax withholding. I think that the SS has been reduced but I'm not exactly sure what the current rate is.