Lion Air Checking, are they joking or do they really require a printed booking document ?

Hello,

After booking Lion air I got this Email:

Kindly note that you will be required to carry a printout of your eTicket for check-in along with a valid photo identification.

//Edit: <abusive language deleted>

Did you check in at Lion air with only your passport ?

Thank you.

Edited by Maestro
As per edit note.

I think thats standard procedure with every airline ive flown with

Ive flown Lion air but i checked in online, walked into departure lounge and showed them my boarding pass on my smartphone at the gate and they quickly printed out a boarding pass receipt or something, no probs

All airlines ask for this online dont they?

I make sure I have something to show I booked incase Im not on their computer.

//Edit: <deleted reply to remove part of the OP>

Edited by Maestro
As per edit note.

You will not need it. But its clever for any kind of travel to bring a hard copy of your ticket or at least an mobile phone where you have the pdf file. Having around 100 flights a year I maybe needed it 2-3 times but better be prepared than have a bad experience.

Ditto in my experience.

It costs little to make a printout and there are countries (India and Philippines for example) where you won't get into the terminal, let alone check-in without a hard copy (mobile phone copy sometimes works in India).

Diddy is wrong-its not a universal reqrmt. Note that LIONair is INDOnesian and THERE it DOES make sense-access to the terminals is often only via security who will want to check you are genuine passenger-even before you will be able to checkin. I assume its siply copied from their main website from there. What people had with other airlines hardly matters for this.

I have not flown ThaiLion (yet) but will do next week-and have a printout ready.

At least its nice to see that people already may realise that the need for having ''tickets'' has run out since e-tickets became the norm.

You will not need it. But its clever for any kind of travel to bring a hard copy of your ticket or at least an mobile phone where you have the pdf file. Having around 100 flights a year I maybe needed it 2-3 times but better be prepared than have a bad experience.

Ditto in my experience.

It costs little to make a printout and there are countries (India and Philippines for example) where you won't get into the terminal, let alone check-in without a hard copy (mobile phone copy sometimes works in India).

It costs litllte but it is plain stupid in 2014.

So it seems that it's not really a requirement in Thailand, luckily for them !

Very few airlines request that.

I think I never presented a printed document in the last 10 years when using the check-in counter.

When I didn't use the check-in counter, I printed the boarding pass at home and bypassed check-in altogether.

Ha! Try Ryanair. I had an email after booking a flight that said if i didnt print out my boarding pass i would have to do it at the airport where i would be charged 75 euro for the effort it took.

The flight itself was 71 euro......

Edited by Bung

Ha! Try Ryanair. I had an email after booking a flight that said if i didnt print out my boarding pass i would have to do it at the airport where i would be charged 75 euro for the effort it took.

The flight itself was 71 euro......

One of the good reason for not flying with them.

Diddy is wrong-its not a universal reqrmt. Note that LIONair is INDOnesian and THERE it DOES make sense-access to the terminals is often only via security who will want to check you are genuine passenger-even before you will be able to checkin. I assume its siply copied from their main website from there. What people had with other airlines hardly matters for this.

I have not flown ThaiLion (yet) but will do next week-and have a printout ready.

At least its nice to see that people already may realise that the need for having ''tickets'' has run out since e-tickets became the norm.

Fair enough, its been awhile since ive checked in at the airport :)

Hello Viewers!

Well i have flown with Lion Air a few months ago from Bkk to Chiang Mai at a cost of 600 baht inc free 15 KG of luggage. I booked it online and paid for it at the Tesco Lotus the next morning at a cost of just 7 baht .When i checked in i just showed them my passport and my booking ref and bar code receipt that i had from Tesco Lotus and that was enough!

Good airline,nice friendly service ( unusual these days...) and at a great price!

Farang Jaidee wai2.gif x

P.S Good advice - When you are in Don Mueang airport don't waste 100 baht on a cup of coffee,if you wait until you are into departures there is a 7 eleven where you can buy a coffee for about 16 baht. thumbsup.gif

I think the OP is a bit confused... They are saying that you need to print out your e-Ticket (boarding pass) if you are going directly to the gate... (You need to show airport security a printed ticket document & your ID)... If you show up at the airport without a printeed e-Ticket you can easily go to the airline checkin counter and they will happily print out a boarding pass for you...

coffee1.gif

I think the OP is a bit confused... They are saying that you need to print out your e-Ticket (boarding pass) if you are going directly to the gate... (You need to show airport security a printed ticket document & your ID)... If you show up at the airport without a printeed e-Ticket you can easily go to the airline checkin counter and they will happily print out a boarding pass for you...

coffee1.gif

THIS. Finally, common sense prevails.

coffee1.gif

e-ticket is not equivalent to boarding pass, 2 different documents.

an e-ticket will not give access to the plane.

Edited by manarak

Hello Viewers!

Well i have flown with Lion Air a few months ago from Bkk to Chiang Mai at a cost of 600 baht inc free 15 KG of luggage. I booked it online and paid for it at the Tesco Lotus the next morning at a cost of just 7 baht .When i checked in i just showed them my passport and my booking ref and bar code receipt that i had from Tesco Lotus and that was enough!

Good airline,nice friendly service ( unusual these days...) and at a great price!

Farang Jaidee wai2.gif x

P.S Good advice - When you are in Don Mueang airport don't waste 100 baht on a cup of coffee,if you wait until you are into departures there is a 7 eleven where you can buy a coffee for about 16 baht. thumbsup.gif

You are joking right ?

You printed all and say that it was easy ! The easy way is just show my passport to these monkeys !!!

And for the coffee how disgusting is 711 coffee when there is a coffee shop next to this 711 that has good coffee for only 40 baht...

Hello Viewers!

Farang Jaidee wai2.gif x

You are joking right ?

You printed all and say that it was easy ! The easy way is just show my passport to these monkeys !!!

And for the coffee how disgusting is 711 coffee when there is a coffee shop next to this 711 that has good coffee for only 40 baht...

40 Baht for a coffee is outrageous! I wouldn't pay that amount in an almost 3rd world Country! You are having a giraffe ( laugh ) ???

But interestingly enough when i came to live in Thailand about 4 years ago there were hardly any coffee shops as the Thais (then) didn't drink much coffee! Now they sell coffee everywhere! most places offering a " delightful cup of coffee " with a ceiling price of 25 Baht.( reasonable )

But yes back to the " subject matter " and it's great to see Lion Air offering cheap flights to Chiang Mai for around 600 baht ( that's what i paid ! )

I attach a photo that i took whilst " strolling about in the departure lounge " ..............

Farang Jaidee ........... wai2.gif

post-193254-0-39274600-1415585851_thumb.

• 7 months later...

Do we got any news on this matter? I got the 390bath fare from CEI to DMK. I wouldn't bother to print-out the e-ticket, but first I moved recently and the printer is in the box, second, the notebook crashed and now I got only the tablet or the phone, which could't connect to the printer (well, at least not without some tinkering)

Don't remember Indonesia if they check anything before entering the airport, Cambodians do at PNH but not very strict, Manila, I think not. India is a big pain in the ass, pretty much like about everything in India. Changed flight dates, and my mistake I printed out the original date, they were fine at a small domestic airport, but Delih was no way to get in even if you got the electronic confirmation. You can get into gate 8, wait for an airline representativ, and they'll give you a printout

All airlines ask for this online dont they?

I make sure I have something to show I booked incase Im not on their computer.

Can't remember whether Thaismile requires it.

I didn't have one, only email confirmation to show on smartphone.

Seems like they didn't even need that.

BUT!

If you want to use the free shuttle bus between the airports you have to show an appropriate booking.

Showing the email confirmation was good enough.

When I book from home I always do a printout!

Email: nowadays you mostly get only this, while last year with Thai Air I got SMS to my phone.

Much more convinient, better to read, always available offline.

Edited by KhunBENQ

coffee1.gif

This is not required for Thai airports (and we are talking here about Thailand) If you have a digital BP on your phone you can go straight to the gate as long the airline allows this.

As said i fly many times with Thai and Bangkok Air and always use my digital BP on my phone together with photo ID (Thai Dl) to pass security and gate.

You are joking right ?

The 7-11 coffee cannot be any more disgusting than you referring to others as monkeys. With your karma, I wouldn't want to be on the same flight as you.