sf cinema what is 'first class'

stevehaigh

Big lazy boy type recliners, blanket, pop corn & drinks delivered to you, same screen, I think from memory its about 500b.

Not for some but we love using it occasionally, seats are so comfy it's sometimes hard not to fall asleep!

Edited by beechbum

Even regular seating in thai movie houses is a great luxury experience.

The upper rows directly below the couches in the back row.

the first class showing is a different time to the English showing so it must be a different theater, not just better seats in the same one

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

the first class showing is a different time to the English showing so it must be a different theater, not just better seats in the same one

Different theater but same size screen as the normal ones

Dedicated 1st class cinema at Baht 600 gets you a welcome drink, a drink of your choice from the menu (if I go I have mine delivered to my seat), a selection of snacks to eat before the going into the movie, & coke/sprite etc with popcorn at your lazy boy reclining seat in the theatre c/w blanket. Just make sure movie is in English. You can buy your ticket, inside the 1st class cinema, & wait in the lounge room for up to one hour before the show.

Edited by Valentine

Dedicated 1st class cinema at Baht 600 gets you a welcome drink, a drink of your choice from the menu (if I go I have mine delivered to my seat), a selection of snacks to eat before the going into the movie, & coke/sprite etc with popcorn at your lazy boy reclining seat in the theatre c/w blanket. Just make sure movie is in English. You can buy your ticket, inside the 1st class cinema, & wait in the lounge room for up to one hour before the show.

thanks for the info, since its the same size screen i'll go with the cheepo option

^^^^^" seats are so comfy it's sometimes hard not to fall asleep!"

Runtime: 249 minutes. I would say impossible.smile.png

IMDB says 169 minutes. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816692/

Sounds like a good movie to watch with a big screen and good sounds.

That should read 2 hr. 49 min. Still a looooooooooooooooong movie

Ah, I must admit I have never really understood how the imperial system works ;)

thanks for the info, since its the same size screen i'll go with the cheepo option

If you're over 50, get the SF senior card for 50bht.

Then you can see all the movies for 80bht weekdays, 100bht Sat & Sun.

PS

The movie is complete garbage, go see Equalizer or John Wick instead, they are both quite good.

Boy I wish I had learned this two years ago--would have saved a mint.

Certainly enjoyed the "Equalizer" but all I could think of the whole time in "john wick" was I used to have hair like that. It just made me feel old.

Edited by ClutchClark

It's funny to watch the tourists when the Thai national anthem comes on in the cinema, with the photos of The King, and everyone stands up, in respect.

They look left, they look right, they look at each other, and then usually stand up as well, and then sit down and have a quick chat and laugh.

It took me by surprise, the first time, as well.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Different theater but same size screen as the normal ones

There are at least 2 or 3 different size screens in the normal theatres. The screen in 1st class is the smallest screed they have. 1st class is not worth it in my opinion unless it is a last resort.

great tip, what do you need for id? passport? drivers license?

although i don't like the idea of being labeled 'senior'

^^^^^" seats are so comfy it's sometimes hard not to fall asleep!"

Runtime: 249 minutes. I would say impossible.smile.png

IMDB says 169 minutes. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816692/

Sounds like a good movie to watch with a big screen and good sounds.

That should read 2 hr. 49 min. Still a looooooooooooooooong movie

Ah, I must admit I have never really understood how the imperial system works wink.png

Its defiantly 2:49 but it's is such a good movie it doesn't feel like it. One of the best I have seen in a long while. As with most time travel, time shifting, space travel movies containing relativity, it's one of those movies that you can sit and talk with for hours afterwards with friends trying to understand little plot points. I am planning to see it again just to make clear in my head what exactly happened. This is the one to see on the biggest screen possible. I have never seen effects this good before. One of the executive producers is a theoretical physicist named Kip Thorne. The sciency stuff was mostly based on his work. I appreciate the absence of a formulaic love story, instead making the human aspect of the movie about family. There is a surprise un-billed A-lister with a part too big to call a cameo. *Spolier Alert* Thankfully we don't have to see McConaughey shirtless even once.

Edited by LambToTheSlaughter

Its defiantly 2:49 but it's is such a good movie it doesn't feel like it. One of the best I have seen in a long while. As with most time travel, time shifting, space travel movies containing relativity, it's one of those movies that you can sit and talk with for hours afterwards with friends trying to understand little plot points. I am planning to see it again just to make clear in my head what exactly happened. This is the one to see on the biggest screen possible. I have never seen effects this good before. One of the executive producers is a theoretical physicist named Kip Thorne. The sciency stuff was mostly based on his work. I appreciate the absence of a formulaic love story, instead making the human aspect of the movie about family. There is a surprise un-billed A-lister with a part too big to call a cameo. *Spolier Alert* Thankfully we don't have to see McConaughey shirtless even once.

That's one of the best selling reviews I have seen. Makes me really want to see the movie in a big screen.

I don't really care about the fighting scenes, in fact I often fast forward those when I watch a movie on my laptop.

Movies, just like books should make us think and dream afterwards. To make us feel something larger what we have in our current lives.

Edited by Guest

great tip, what do you need for id? passport? drivers license?

although i don't like the idea of being labeled 'senior'

Either, or a photocopy,

The girl on the desk at the front gives them out, takes about two minutes.

That's one of the best selling reviews I have seen. Makes me really want to see the movie in a big screen.

I don't really care about the fighting scenes, in fact I often fast forward those when I watch a movie on my laptop.

Movies, just like books should make us think and dream afterwards. To make us feel something larger what we have in our current lives.

You'll be sorry, it was sh_it!

It did make me think though, I thought "thank god I only paid 80 bht. to see that flop".

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Been to "the equalizer" in the first class cinema and loved the experience:

- price was 700 baht (which is a lot)

- we went around 2pm on Monday and were the only ones in the theatre

- you can enter the area 1 hour early and they have a buffet with snacks (desserts, wraps, small hamburgers, pasta)

- the screen is similar in size to other theatres, maybe a bit smaller

- the chairs are the best, they go almost completely flat (just press the button)

- you get a blanket

- welcome drink was too sweet

- they serve you your popcorn and drink of choice in the theatre

- the toilets are spotless and scented nicely

I enjoyed the experience a lot and will probably go there more often.