New beach walkway is indeed a disaster!

thaibeachlovers

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the sandbags were put there by the umbrella people to save their areas from flooding and flood the road instead, I dont think the original designers would have envisioned that the city would let the beach people do such a stupid thing but had they known they could have built a bench for seating on all along that wall instead for very little extra cost. they still could. incidentally I believe the footpath was built and possibly designed by nongnooch gardens,

If you ever notice, there is never a billboard/sign showing who is in charge of a city project such as putting in a new sewer system, repairing the blocked sidewalks or re-construction of the promenade like. Why? Because the ones in charge are too embarassed to take credit of the project. They know some of the funds have been taken and placed into their pockets and the ones in charge know they did not hire the "best" or an "expert" but hired the cheapest outfit (that hires Cambodians) to do the project-- look at who trims the city trees, you think they are experts? (My son could do a better job.)

There isn't such a thing as "maintenance" in the Thai's thinking... build it to make it look good , then allow it to fall apart. No funds budgeted to maintain the city's infrastructure once it is built.

• Like 1

They destroyed park land - an important asset.

I wish I could write off the wholesale slaughter of the promenade and crappy engineering to boot to inept stupidity,but it almost feels like there was bad intent

behind the whole thing...

They did quite a nice job on the last version...

• Like 1

Those who have lived here a while will know that any form of construction here is pretty poor, and roads and footpaths are the worst, they do not have a clue how to do it properly, compaction of fill is unheard of and correct fill is never used. and most of the cash goes in brown envelopes to corrupt officials.

Let's hope that now "brown envelopes" are said to be history..........all manner of things will improve........for the betterment of all people....

In your dreams Sir

anyone have pics of the new beach walkway />?

Those who have lived here a while will know that any form of construction here is pretty poor, and roads and footpaths are the worst, they do not have a clue how to do it properly, compaction of fill is unheard of and correct fill is never used. and most of the cash goes in brown envelopes to corrupt officials.

Let's hope that now "brown envelopes" are said to be history..........all manner of things will improve........for the betterment of all people....

In your dreams Sir

anyone have pics of the new beach walkway />?

Yes, I took a lot of the disaster area, but I have to wait for my computer to be fixed before I can put them on here.

They destroyed park land - an important asset.

I wish I could write off the wholesale slaughter of the promenade and crappy engineering to boot to inept stupidity,but it almost feels like there was bad intent

behind the whole thing...

They did quite a nice job on the last version...

The best version was done in the 90s.

I didn't like the version with the little "hillocks", and the ugly seating, but certainly better than what they have now. At least they left the shade trees there.