We all still good on a few days overstay?

I am curious the experience / opinion post the new rules about a few days overstay on an O visa I am not renewing. Yes I know you can get 7 days...but I need 10 and 14 would be best.

I can afford to fly out of country (and come back for 5 days then fly out again) but weighing the cost and the hassle against some overstay, I wouldn't have worried about it last year. Been in country 4 years and have only a one-day overstay and never did visa runs.

So my thinking is a go get my 7 days and then leave in 10, pay a 3 day fine....

Do not want to get blacklisted as will be back, etc.

So what do you think? Clearly the blacklist policy is for overstay-as-visa-substitute people...

thanks!

Been to immigration, they will give me 7 days only, just assume that the case. Interesting so far the vote is just don't mess with overstay. As to border run, I am not a border run type, not at all convenient, 3,400 is fine with me, might just be 2 days, etc.

You have to go with your Thai wife or Thai child and produce some additional documents:

wife

- marriage certificate

- ID-card

- household book

Child

- birth certificate

- ID-card (if any)

- household book

- note from mother if possible to confirm you stay with the child

Thanks for the advice, again point here is my visa ends I not want to renew, whatever that need to mean for your, (for one thing, would have required tying up a 500,000 Baht deposit for 3 months to get an extra week at most)

So this is just on the issue of what is the updated wisdom of the old "a couple of days overstay" is just a cost issue?

Thanks for the advice, again point here is my visa ends I not want to renew, whatever that need to mean for your, (for one thing, would have required tying up a 500,000 Baht deposit for 3 months to get an extra week at most)

So this is just on the issue of what is the updated wisdom of the old "a couple of days overstay" is just a cost issue?

A 60 day extension doesn't require any money in the bank. Just the documents and the standerd fee of 1,900 baht.

Your visa ending is somewhat irrelevant, it's your entry stamp (or extension stamp) that really matters.

Technically you may be interested to know that Thai visas DO NOT expire, there is simply a date before which they must be used, but that's not an expiry as your visa is still valid till your entry or extension expires, often well after the visa "use by" date.

It's for that reason that most people manage to stay 15 months, or longer, on a 12 month visa.

Edited by technologybytes

Your visa ending is somewhat irrelevant, it's your entry stamp (or extension stamp) that really matters.

Technically you may be interested to know that Thai visas DO NOT expire, there is simply a date before which they must be used, but that's not an expiry as your visa is still valid till your entry or extension expires, often well after the visa "use by" date.

I think you're responding to the wrong thread here.

From Police order 138/2557

2.24 In the case of visiting a spouse or children who are of Thai nationality:
Each permission shall be granted for no more than 60 days.

1. Application form.
2. Copy of applicant’s passport.
3. Copy of household registration certificate.
4. Copy of national ID card of the person having Thai nationality.
5. Copy of a marriage certificate or copy of a birth certificate.

I've yet to see anyone post here with specific experience in recent months ... to answer your question, I just flew from Phuket to Penang with a couple of days over-stay, and not only is it business as usual (you can do it, they don't care, and I asked ... they don't care if you do that regularly), but the immigration official actually swapped numbers with me and I'm helping him rent his friend's house!

The bottom line: go for it... it's business as usual for a standard ex-Pat day or two/three over-stay. That is NOT what they are referring to when they say they are cracking down on over-stay issues, and in fact they welcome this as it is their "bread n' butter!"

• Like 1

thaifamilyguy, on 10 Nov 2014 - 13:08, said:

Your not renewing anything, just extending what you already have. 1,900 baht.

Why does everyone with good advise provide it to people, who know matter what they receive, want to do it their way. Really, I want to do this; oh gee, thanks for that but what if I want to do this. Oh, that's great, but what about this.

Don't bloody overstay and stop wasting people's time. Been here four years, haven't learnt much have we. You ask, will all be good on a few days over stay, then you say 10, maybe 14 would be best. Then later, you say it's ok to pay B3400.00 and for two days. Make up you mind, two is double, a few is three, the rest are multiples. You then say you can afford to fly out but then weighing up the costs against an overstay, then you could have afforded it a year ago. Either I'm confused or you're just full of it. And later you talk about tying up B500.00.00 in a deposit for three months. What in the hell are you talking about? Are you trying to impress us or do you really have no idea what you are on about.

If you don't want to take good advise or are too lazy to do a border run, then take your chances and see what you end up with. Oh No, please don't, you will only come back whinging that you have been blacklisted and then want more good free advise, which clearly you would have no intention of following. Just go, try to use your own judgement. No wait, you will be more confused then ever.

• Like 2

"Can afford to fly out of the country but it's too inconvenient"...... Another guy who is looking to overstay on purpose with no legitimate reason (eg. medical) rolleyes.gif People like that should get a harsh 1st warning then the 2nd time they do it they should be banned from entering the country again.

Edited by bbi1

"Can afford to fly out of the country but it's too inconvenient"...... Another guy who is looking to overstay on purpose with no legitimate reason (eg. medical) rolleyes.gif People like that should get a harsh 1st warning then the 2nd time they do it they should be banned from entering the country again.

You should voice your concerns to the cabinet, they have it on their to-do list. May be they will hear you more than the Immigration bureau that has drafted the measure already.

Look do what you want who cares if you get caught on you for being cheap and not caring about the rules. One less knucklehead then anyway. Or if your post is to get attention walk out in to middle of Sukhumvit and Lay trowel, For in the end it really don't matter. I do as required and don't have issues or problems here or anyplace for that matter.coffee1.gif next

I don't think it would be a problem. Call the tourist police and ask them. They aren't the boogie men. Working people like most of us.

Tourist police ? to ask what ?

if I had a headache, I'd ask them where are the aspirins. They always have the answer or get it and we reconnect. I often think others aren't in the same Thailand I stay in.

I love all the hand-wringing: "they should be banned ..." "... not care about the rules..."

Gentlemen, this isn't your Grandmother's country ... for many of the very same reasons you love this country, they do things differently.

And one of the policies they have is that they are accommodating of a one or two day over-stay; pay the fine and move on. You can make a case for this being far MORE civilized than the over-reaction gestapo of England, Europe and the USA. The guy asked a simple question about policy regarding two or three day over-stay. Kinda simple.

• Like 1

That's ridiculous. Solving this "overstay" problem really isn't a problem at all. Advocate for the freer movement of people and good across boarders...Don't advocate for bullshit like banning people from the country because they wanted to stay a few extra days more then the "suggested" time frame.

• Like 1

Why does everyone with good advise provide it to people, who know matter what they receive, want to do it their way. Really, I want to do this; oh gee, thanks for that but what if I want to do this. Oh, that's great, but what about this.

Don't bloody overstay and stop wasting people's time. Been here four years, haven't learnt much have we. You ask, will all be good on a few days over stay, then you say 10, maybe 14 would be best. Then later, you say it's ok to pay B3400.00 and for two days. Make up you mind, two is double, a few is three, the rest are multiples. You then say you can afford to fly out but then weighing up the costs against an overstay, then you could have afforded it a year ago. Either I'm confused or you're just full of it. And later you talk about tying up B500.00.00 in a deposit for three months. What in the hell are you talking about? Are you trying to impress us or do you really have no idea what you are on about.

If you don't want to take good advise or are too lazy to do a border run, then take your chances and see what you end up with. Oh No, please don't, you will only come back whinging that you have been blacklisted and then want more good free advise, which clearly you would have no intention of following. Just go, try to use your own judgement. No wait, you will be more confused then ever.

Gee, your dog die or something? For sake of other posters that might have to deal with your BS, you actually wasted my time reading your post as yes you are confused. My point is to get my questioned answered about overstay not be lectured or given opinions on assumptions that are wrong. I do not need advice on my visa. I do not have a thai wife or thai children, you need to deposit 500,000 baht 3 months before apply for an annual extension of my category of O visa (and no I am not going to tell you what it is as I don't care what you think, feel free to look it up), the idea of spending a day taking my life in my hands crammed into a van to do a border run is not in discussion. the BT 3,400 was in responding to a poster that was actually answering my question, I can do the math. I will use my judgment armed with the good advice and experiences that were shared. Next time read your post and if you have nothing constructive to add, please do not write. You can be outraged and confused in quiet.

Been to immigration, they will give me 7 days only, just assume that the case. Interesting so far the vote is just don't mess with overstay. As to border run, I am not a border run type, not at all convenient, 3,400 is fine with me, might just be 2 days, etc.

just curious, its seems you had already decided what you were going to do before posting and asking on TV, so why did you bother posting ?

best advice and the most correct advice is don't overstay

? No as I said, anybody know if its a problem, if its a problem then I would fly out the weekend before and burn the cost of a ticket, etc., to avoid, but if nothing to avoid then I would not....hence the posting..I am amused at the number of posters that don't actually reply to my post but I guess this is as much about entertainment for some as information. Sorry but if a 2 day overstay will cost my a couple hundred US and not be a problem then border runs and flights out is not the best advice.

A 60 day extension doesn't require any money in the bank. Just the documents and the standerd fee of 1,900 baht.

Boy I should have just stuck to my talking points. You want to wager that in my situation it would in fact require money in the bank?.you'd be surprised...OK just kidding but this is the first instance I have had a post that I thought would be constructive, i.e. updating everybody on this aspect of ...i don't know, lets call it Thai Visas, and have gotten a whole bunch of people that just want to spout off. Fascinating.

I've yet to see anyone post here with specific experience in recent months ... to answer your question, I just flew from Phuket to Penang with a couple of days over-stay, and not only is it business as usual (you can do it, they don't care, and I asked ... they don't care if you do that regularly), but the immigration official actually swapped numbers with me and I'm helping him rent his friend's house!

The bottom line: go for it... it's business as usual for a standard ex-Pat day or two/three over-stay. That is NOT what they are referring to when they say they are cracking down on over-stay issues, and in fact they welcome this as it is their "bread n' butter!"

THANK YOU.

Boy I should have just stuck to my talking points. You want to wager that in my situation it would in fact require money in the bank?.you'd be surprised...OK just kidding but this is the first instance I have had a post that I thought would be constructive, i.e. updating everybody on this aspect of ...i don't know, lets call it Thai Visas, and have gotten a whole bunch of people that just want to spout off. Fascinating.

If you could tell us on what your non-O visa was based on you would get a better response.

This was asked as the fourth answer on your thread.

If you could tell us on what your non-O visa was based on you would get a better response.

This was asked as the fourth answer on your thread.

No, on principle, as my visa is not the issue, the overstay was the issue. The better response was to answer the question asked.....

I got my answer, looks like business as usual on overstays but will error on a short overstay, i.e. 2 days vs. stretching it a week as nobody has come back with that recent experience.