Jazz Summit — what's the format and entry fee?

andreww

Folks,

I long for some good live jazz, and Jazz Summit looks promising.

Has anyone attended this event in previous years? Is it seated-dinner only or there's some standing/roaming section too? How much is the entry fee?

Very excited to finally hear good live music in Phuket!

Andreww

I have attended a couple of them in Phuket. No fees, just roam around. They had seating at the last one held at Central. It was called the Saxophone summit I think...over 3 nights. Had some pretty good internat players.

A place you might visit.....

Every Wednesday. Many visiting and resident jazz players simply come and play. No entry fee, but u should support them by buying drinks. Food is available around the corner. Suggest you either go about 9pm and have some refreshments and wait or go at about 11pm when they start. No known closing time.

The place is called Music Matter. Owner/jazz pianist is Jeffrey Sevilla.

Its located in a little soi near Robinsons in Phuket Town.

Will try giving u directions....

Going North from the T junction at Robinson's.

Go past the first soi on the left. Pass a series of little souvenir shops on the left. At the 4 way junction facing you...turn left (its one way in the opposite direction) into the soi. MM is 2 shops on the left. Seating is mostly on the street.

Jeffrey has held an annual jazz evening at the premises. Quite enjoyable.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for info about Music Matter! Will give it a go tonight (if missy permits, hehe)

Andreww

I have attended a couple of them in Phuket. No fees, just roam around. They had seating at the last one held at Central. It was called the Saxophone summit I think...over 3 nights. Had some pretty good internat players.

A place you might visit.....

Every Wednesday. Many visiting and resident jazz players simply come and play. No entry fee, but u should support them by buying drinks. Food is available around the corner. Suggest you either go about 9pm and have some refreshments and wait or go at about 11pm when they start. No known closing time.

The place is called Music Matter. Owner/jazz pianist is Jeffrey Sevilla.

Its located in a little soi near Robinsons in Phuket Town.

Will try giving u directions....

Going North from the T junction at Robinson's.

Go past the first soi on the left. Pass a series of little souvenir shops on the left. At the 4 way junction facing you...turn left (its one way in the opposite direction) into the soi. MM is 2 shops on the left. Seating is mostly on the street.

Jeffrey has held an annual jazz evening at the premises. Quite enjoyable.