Reagan's apology to Thatcher over Grenada revealed

webfact

Not the only time they crossed swords. She told him to mind his own business when he offered to act as an intermediary over The Falklands.

----------------------

For your information, when the U.K. wanted to take action in the Falklands they were chagrined to realize that all the Admiralty charts they had of the Falklands were way out of date.

They put in an Emergency request to the U.S. Defense Mapping Authority for updated charts.

They got them from the U.S, from new satellite map data

I understand they were quite valuable to them as the ones they had were over 20 years old before they got new charts from the Yanks.

I can tell you this with some confidence, because one of my friends was involved in the affair.

Is that why Americas tracking devices and Listening posts are in Britain , don't make me laugh. Britain was charting the world long before America was thought of.

Not the only time they crossed swords. She told him to mind his own business when he offered to act as an intermediary over The Falklands.

----------------------

For your information, when the U.K. wanted to take action in the Falklands they were chagrined to realize that all the Admiralty charts they had of the Falklands were way out of date.

They put in an Emergency request to the U.S. Defense Mapping Authority for updated charts.

They got them from the U.S, from new satellite map data

I understand they were quite valuable to them as the ones they had were over 20 years old before they got new charts from the Yanks.

I can tell you this with some confidence, because one of my friends was involved in the affair.

Is that why Americas tracking devices and Listening posts are in Britain , don't make me laugh. Britain was charting the world long before America was thought of.

Yes, I've been amazed at the progress in their space, and satellite programs these last few years.

Anyone who believes the U S has caused more bad than good in the world is a fool. Now all you liberal yank haters can vent your rage at my post. Something to do rather than enjoy a lovely day and count your blessings.

I'm sure the people of Laos agree with you.

Probably not, but ask how many South Koreans want to move across the border, or how many West Germans got shot in the back trying to escape to East Germany.