British police examining Koh Tao murder probe to return to UK

webfact

I forwarded the Thai Rath article on to a family member of mine in the UK who has lots of contacts in the media. Would love to see it published in translation.

Did you get any response from uk media?

Hope they are all over it, show this farce for what it is.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/20/burmese-murder-accused-british-backpackers-thailand

Two Burmese men detained in Thailand for allegedly killing the British backpackers Hannah Witheridge and David Miller have told the Guardian they are innocent and have appealed to the victims’ families and the UK government to help them clear their names.

• Like 1

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/20/burmese-murder-accused-british-backpackers-thailand

Two Burmese men detained in Thailand for allegedly killing the British backpackers Hannah Witheridge and David Miller have told the Guardian they are innocent and have appealed to the victims’ families and the UK government to help them clear their names.

this direct appeal to the families of David and Hannah, sounds like the previously suggested course of action, to bring the British gov't directly into the fray, and forcing the issue

I dont recall the specifics but I do recall the mention that the families can cause certain actions to occur?

• Like 2

I forwarded the Thai Rath article on to a family member of mine in the UK who has lots of contacts in the media. Would love to see it published in translation.

Did you get any response from uk media?

Hope they are all over it, show this farce for what it is.

I haven't heard anything yet. I know that this case in general is getting attention from UK media, I just thought this particular angle might prove interesting as well. But no matter how important or interesting I think it is, I know that media contacts can be sensitive and it's not for me to tell someone, even a relative, how to handle them. So I'm not going to press the issue.

As a matter of interest is there any information regarding the current whereabouts of other local island parties who may well be of interest to the investigators and a further focal point of interest in this case?

Possibly pursuing a degree course overseas perhaps?whistling.gif

Edited by siampolee

this direct appeal to the families of David and Hannah, sounds like the previously suggested course of action, to bring the British gov't directly into the fray, and forcing the issue

I dont recall the specifics but I do recall the mention that the families can cause certain actions to occur?

They have the right to request a British police investigation into circumstances surrounding the suspicious death of a British citizen abroad. They have the right to request an 'independent' investigation in Thailand by the DSI and the CSI (forensics). The parents of the 2B have already requested this supported by the Burmese government and it is under review. Unfortunately the junta has suspended the DSI's right decide this without getting approval from its board which is controlled by the junta, as is the DSI chief. They have the right to petition the Attorney-General file a criminal case against named defendants. They have the right to file civil cases against named defendants for damaging, e.g. loss of the victims' future earnings. This was done successfully by the elderly father of the lady doctor who was murdered, chopped up and flushed down the loo by a famous, well connected gynaecologist, whom the A-G had refused to prosecute due to his connections and wealth, despite the heinousness of the crime. Since the victim's father won the civil case, the A-G was shamed into prosecuting the murderer, who was convicted. .