British police examining Koh Tao murder probe to return to UK

webfact

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It probably will be a "diplomatic" report. As the whole investigation was messed up big time there will be no reason to upset Thai authorities.

I wouldn't be that pessimistic

Anyway good there is another headline about this utterly evil case.

It should not disappear from headlines and from consciousness until it is properly solved and justice is done

If Thailand, her police and politicians lose face big time and much more - so be it. Well deserved

it will be totally forgotten n 6 months TIT same saw in UK evil case coverup of girl exploitation by Pakistan men id already forgotten so dont think were any better in west

I read on Thai visa that the UK police had already returned, there's some crap go's on, with some people on this site, putting all that aside, let's hope that we can hear something new from their report, instead of half the crap we hear already, and without a lot of the Facebook shit that people spread

The facebook shit as you put it is more credible than anything on here. To post on the facebook shit you need to have your real name. Here you can be anything you want.

What a croc of shit, you don't need to have a real name to post on face book, my friends 10 year old son is on face book says hes 16 and uses another name, all you need is an email address, see that's face book shit for you there

• Like 1

I read on Thai visa that the UK police had already returned, there's some crap go's on, with some people on this site, putting all that aside, let's hope that we can hear something new from their report, instead of half the crap we hear already, and without a lot of the Facebook shit that people spread

The facebook shit as you put it is more credible than anything on here. To post on the facebook shit you need to have your real name. Here you can be anything you want.

What a croc of shit, you don't need to have a real name to post on face book, my friends 10 year old son is on face book says hes 16 and uses another name, all you need is an email address, see that's face book shit for you there

Please expand on what rumours you have read on Facebook. If your referring to CSI La all I can see is a series of interpretations based on information made known to the public by RTP. Interpretations which have been well received by many including resident Thais.

Judging from your ability to construct a sentence I can see how that may be incomprehensible to you. Rest assured you are not the only one.

Police Officers from the Met will file a report based purely upon the facts professionally gathered, that they have been able to accertain from their trip to Thailand.

Returning to the UK, the officers will meet with the families of Hannah and David to give them some consolation over the tragic and horrific deaths of their children.

This will surely give the families some kind of peace of mind, and some kind of closure to what has happened, and the parents would be the very last people on the planet to wish that wrong doing has been done over the investigation into their childrens deaths, and that possibly the wrong people are to be punished.

All these parents wish for is the truth about the sad ond tragic loss of their children, and the case to be as they are - dignified.

Police Officers from the Met will file a report based purely upon the facts professionally gathered, that they have been able to accertain from their trip to Thailand.

Returning to the UK, the officers will meet with the families of Hannah and David to give them some consolation over the tragic and horrific deaths of their children.

This will surely give the families some kind of peace of mind, and some kind of closure to what has happened, and the parents would be the very last people on the planet to wish that wrong doing has been done over the investigation into their childrens deaths, and that possibly the wrong people are to be punished.

All these parents wish for is the truth about the sad ond tragic loss of their children, and the case to be as they are - dignified.

I can't see them being able to give much consolation to the parents myself......

Parents would like to hear that the RTP are doing their professional best to ensure their children's evil killers are brought to justice.

What they don't want to hear is that RTP are doing everything they can to protect their children's evil killers and their own corrupt system.

• Like 1

I hope they release a full report on their findings and observations...

Justice is sweet!.... give it time. The British Police are not here to find fault with the way things are done.....they are here to expose. It will come in due time.

• Like 1

It probably will be a "diplomatic" report. As the whole investigation was messed up big time there will be no reason to upset Thai authorities.

For what it's worth - the word on the island is,

The pay off was 120m Bt.

The officer in charge has taken early retirement

And the son who gave the DNA sample was not the son in question.............

.... I would imagine the Mets were also made aware of the Blue Diamond case.

This is not a Thai knock - all countries run the rules to suit themselves.

When people with big money are concerned, might is right............

Edited by metisdead
Font reset to default forum font.

Not if ALL the original samples were contaminated or fixed. I am far more concerned about the fate of the current suspects than I am about unearthing the truth. If the killers are "connected" then Thai reform has not moved far enough yet to have any hope of bringing them to justice but it is better that the crime go unsolved than to execute two young men on flawed evidence. Two unecessary deaths is awful but four would be too much to countenance. It would I feel be better to leave the crime unsolved for years - maybe until a time when a different type of investigation can be anticipated.

One question I have is what is a "headman" on the island - is it code for a mafia boss? If this government needs to tackle anything it is this culture that puts people with vast amounts of money "above the law"

Here we go again with Thai 'reform' and having not moved 'far enough yet'. Again. What 'reform'? Name ONE.

This word 'reform' is now a mantra repeated ad infinitum. Straight from the 'say something often enough and people will believe it' school. Even the usually timid Thai press are criticizing lack thereof, on a daily basis. And let us not forget who ordered the case be deflected from the headman's son.

I too am concerned re the fate of the two Burmese kids. But if I were a tourist or Koh Tao resident, I'd be even more concerned that killers are still on the loose.

• Like 1

if you stay in Thailand long enough, and get close enough to it, it will age and sadden you.

Orrrrr, it will mature and strengthen you. H3ll, I could live anywhere in the World now laugh.png

Edited by jpeg

The pay off was 120m Bt.

Thanks. Which `officer in charge` took `early retirement¬? Name, title would be rather useful.

There have been I believe 3 officers in charge now but basically always good Ploice Commissioner General Somyot in charge from the top.

Not just big money, powerful connections and owed favours at the highest levels imo.

So good info, can you be more specific on yr source and really would like to know name,rank of officer in early retirement.Thanks

• Like 2

The pay off was 120m Bt.

For what it is worth,

There is nothing factual in your post about the word on the island.

Interesting. I have thought for some time Nomsod's story was a diversion to distract attention away from another.

The other who was trespassing on a crime scene, and who threatened to kill a witness.

The other who refused to take a dna test.

The pay off was 120m Bt.

The pay off was 120m Bt.

This is just BS again as always . The word is out that you're all a bunch of conspiracy theorists.

Give us the name of this early retired police officer and I will make sure that Bangkok will get notified to check if there's any truth in this!

Edited by metisdead

Could someone please show me any connection to the 2 men named above to the investigation in Koh Tao?

-AFAIK totally unrelated but I am willing to be corrected

sometime's you have to think outside the box

Huh?

Totally unrelated. Neither person transferred had anything to do with the investigation. In this case outside the box means conspiracy theory

So The Head of the CIB ( CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT) would have had no dealings with one of the biggest crime stories ( Koh Tao) to hit Thailand in recent years?....makes sense if you want to think like you do

Could someone please show me any connection to the 2 men named above to the investigation in Koh Tao?

Edited by BoristheBlade
  • Like 2

So The Head of the CIB ( CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT) would have had no dealings with one of the biggest crime stories ( Koh Tao) to hit Thailand in recent years?....makes sense if you want to think like you do

The UK police team of 3? where only in Koh Tao for a few days then to Bangkok where it is known and recorded that they had various conferences with the Bkk police. Its more than a feasible suggestion that they met or talked to these guys.

LOL

From Wikipedia

Central Investigation Bureau - national coordinating headquarters which assist provincial and metropolitan components in preventing and suppressing criminal activity and in minimizing threats to national security. Having jurisdiction over the entire country, the CIB was organized to assist both provincial and metropolitan components of the Royal Thai Police in preventing and suppressing criminal activity and in minimizing threats to national security.

LOL

From Wikipedia

Central Investigation Bureau - national coordinating headquarters which assist provincial and metropolitan components in preventing and suppressing criminal activity and in minimizing threats to national security. Having jurisdiction over the entire country, the CIB was organized to assist both provincial and metropolitan components of the Royal Thai Police in preventing and suppressing criminal activity and in minimizing threats to national security.

What are you trying to say ?

LOL

From Wikipedia

What are you trying to say ?

The CIB had no part in the investigation in Koh Tao.