British police examining Koh Tao murder probe to return to UK

webfact

I am here and staying, so don't worry about missing me yet

I have never left

And what has accountability got to do with my presence?

If you do the crime , serve the time

The whole of Thai society has no accountability, for the ones in brown even less.

Does this mean you are unlikely to be returning to Thailand, ever?

Sorry, perhaps I misremembered you talking about not being in the country for the last TVF piss-up and not being back since.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It probably will be a "diplomatic" report. As the whole investigation was messed up big time there will be no reason to upset Thai authorities.

I wouldn't be that pessimistic

Anyway good there is another headline about this utterly evil case.

It should not disappear from headlines and from consciousness until it is properly solved and justice is done

If Thailand, her police and politicians lose face big time and much more - so be it. Well deserved

Indeed, the more headlines this case gets the better. It worries me that it will keep dragging its heels and people will start to forget about it. For the sake of the two kids that were slaughtered, keep bumping this to make sure it does not get swept under the carpet. (Personally, I think the two Burmese kids are going to end up dead as this is a complete embarrassment to the Junta here, they are in a corner with no way out, it does not matter now what they do they will be unmasked as exactly what they are, SCUM.

It will be interesting to see what the UK Cops report, no doubt that will be blocked as well as the Daily Mail.

Keep this thread going, do not let these two kids lives be swept under the carpet on the backs of the vermin that try to distort the law!

I have never left

The whole of Thai society has no accountability, for the ones in brown even less.

Sorry, perhaps I misremembered you talking about not being in the country for the last TVF piss-up and not being back since.

This is what I remember

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/771559-British-authorities-at-Koh-Tao-crime-scene/page__view__findpost__p__8595555

stalker alert

I have never left

This is what I remember

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/771559-British-authorities-at-Koh-Tao-crime-scene/page__view__findpost__p__8595555

Not stalking, just sure I remembered you saying you were not in Thailand.

I am sure people can decide what your post means

Edit to stay on topic. I really am looking forward to seeing any report that the UK police publish. If gambling were legal here, I would put money on it saying little other than that there were mistakes made in the beginning. That there was no evidence of torture. That it is now appropriately in the hands of the Thai judicial system.

Edited by jdinasia

What has my location got to do with the non-accountability of Thai people?

And what has the location of anyone on this forum got to do with their views or opinions?

If your not in Thailand, you can't have an opinion of this horrendous murder???

What has my location got to do with the non-accountability of Thai people?

And what has the location of anyone on this forum got to do with their views or opinions?

If your not in Thailand, you can't have an opinion of this horrendous murder???

A poster's location has naught to do with having an opinion. Integrity is something that people do consider.

Back to the topic

Who knows what the victims were doing at the time of the attack? Sleeping? Sex? Two other people with blunt objects could have killed them silently.

I'm saying it was a crime of opportunity perpetrated by total strangers with the high probability that the bodies were disturbed and abused by additional passers-by minutes after the initial attackers fled the scene.

enuff said

~

Oh pleaseeee

• Like 1

Who knows what the victims were doing at the time of the attack? Sleeping? Sex? Two other people with blunt objects could have killed them silently.

I'm saying it was a crime of opportunity perpetrated by total strangers with the high probability that the bodies were disturbed and abused by additional passers-by minutes after the initial attackers fled the scene.

enuff said

~

Oh pleaseeee

I agree with OP. The first two words...

Edited by stephen terry

What findings? They will only have whatever the RTP gives them. There is no crime scene anymore.

More or less, yes you are right.

The British police were only on the scene as observers, they were not involved within the core of the investigation and were not there to intervene in the RTP progress or lack of process in the case.

Once back in the UK the police will only give an opinion (maybe) and will not go against the grain with the RTP case results. I beleive that the UK police will be tactful in their reports for the sake of UK and Thailand relations and will be disappointing.for those hoping for a hardcore response to this investigation by a totally independent authority whether they be positive or negative regarding the investigation so far, or in other words, expectations should not be raised too high on this one and I doubt that this case will progress any further than it has now and will still have the inevitable conclusions.

In respect of the approach to be taken by the UK police you are dead wrong. They will report things as they have found them , without fear or favour and without regard to any sensitivities in the relationship between the 2 countries. If they have found fault with the findings or the investigation, expect that to be aired at the inquest ( and yes, the coroner does have the power to call them). Similarly, if they find no fault with the process, we can expect to hear that clearly.

I won’t argue with you over this one and sincerely hope that my assumptions are completely wrong. What I said is what I think, believing that the presence of the British police was only an appeasement of the media exercise and knowing the softly, softly approach and the tread carefully attitudes of the British authorities. Even if the British authorities genuinely do consider the murder suspects as being guilty as changed and have positive conclusions towards the investigations carried out by the Thai police, the Cludo conspiracy theorists will refuse to except the final analysis anyway, meaning; I do not expect to see any convincing data coming out of these reports, unless they tell the Thai bashers and doubters exactly what they want to hear, factual or otherwise.

Now it`s just a case of wait and see.

What amazes me is why people would think that British Police would have any interest in "solving" the case ?

Why would anybody trust them ?

They most likely treat this case like they treat the pedophile case in England [involving the Government and most likely the Royal Family]

where they act even worse than any Thai police could ever do !!! Who would anybody trust them ???

It's a given:

The powers that are can do what ever they want, when ever they want, where ever they want !

This is how reality works and all this dreaming about any foreign police solving a crime is just an illusion !

Get used to it ... this is NOT just a Thai problem. It's a social problem and it is no different in the west than it is in Thailand.

The powerful support their own kind and treat the rest of us any which way they want !!!

Why ? Because we are too busy trying to be like THEY are, to be part of THEM ....

The solution is easy !!!

The Great cease to rule when the small stop to crawl ! [Friedrich Schiller 1759-1805]

Something we all might want to remember:

"Worthless is the nation that does not gladly stake its all on its honor."

I'm going to throw a spanner in the works. According to reports one of the B2 was arrested in Surat Thani. Why did he go there? Could he have witnessed what happened?

While my senses (and orchestrated re-enactment) tell me that neither of the B2 killed the victims, I have an uneasy feeling that they could have been present at the crime scene. Hence the reported DNA match. No way would they point the finger until they were safe from retribution - the trial would be the ideal place to disclose this.

Edited by stephen terry
  • Like 2

I'm going to throw a spanner in the works. According to reports one of the B2 was arrested in Surat Thani. Why did he go there? Could he have witnessed what happened?

While my senses tell me that neither of the B2 killed the victims, I have an uneasy feeling that they could have been present at the crime scene. No way would they point the finger until they were safe from retribution - the trial would be the ideal place to disclose this.

I have also thought about and agree that they may have been at the scene and forced to touch and maybe kiss the bodies to leave D.N.A .

if this is the case I would think their defence lawyers know the real truth and are sitting back watching what the police are going to do next.

We don't know what is the truth at the moment but certainly a possibility.

• Like 1

I read on Thai visa that the UK police had already returned, there's some crap go's on, with some people on this site, putting all that aside, let's hope that we can hear something new from their report, instead of half the crap we hear already, and without a lot of the Facebook shit that people spread

What amazes me is why people would think that British Police would have any interest in "solving" the case ?

Why would anybody trust them ?

They most likely treat this case like they treat the pedophile case in England [involving the Government and most likely the Royal Family]

where they act even worse than any Thai police could ever do !!! Who would anybody trust them ???

It's a given:

The powers that are can do what ever they want, when ever they want, where ever they want !

This is how reality works and all this dreaming about any foreign police solving a crime is just an illusion !

Get used to it ... this is NOT just a Thai problem. It's a social problem and it is no different in the west than it is in Thailand.

The powerful support their own kind and treat the rest of us any which way they want !!!

Why ? Because we are too busy trying to be like THEY are, to be part of THEM ....

The solution is easy !!!

The Great cease to rule when the small stop to crawl ! [Friedrich Schiller 1759-1805]

Something we all might want to remember:

"Worthless is the nation that does not gladly stake its all on its honor."

Too many exclamation marks AND CAPITALS. if you want to make a valid contribution, please quote specifics to support your allegations.

UK Police Finish Inquiry Over Koh Tao Murder

BANGKOK — The Scotland Yard has wrapped up its investigation into the murder of two British backpackers on Thailand's southern island of Koh Tao.

A representative of the British detective team met with Thailand’s chief of police today before leaving for the United Kingdom where he will brief the families of the two murder victims on the investigation.

The UK detective thanked Thai authorities for their cooperation, said Pol.Lt.Gen. Prawut Thawornsiri, assistant to police chief Somyot Phumpanmuang.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1415711380

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy

enuff said

~

Oh pleaseeee

I agree with OP. The first two words...

Or it could have been the two they have all along, we don't know all the facts, and the two arrested have not answered all the questions that need to be answered, so lets wait and see what pans out on the day, and who knows maybe they are guilty

Edit to stay on topic. I really am looking forward to seeing any report that the UK police publish. If gambling were legal here, I would put money on it saying little other than that there were mistakes made in the beginning. That there was no evidence of torture. That it is now appropriately in the hands of the Thai judicial system.

I'm sure the RTP and Thai PM are also really looking forward to seeing the UK report as per your speculation. If gambling was legal here I would take your bets.

But it ain't gonna happen! "appalling mess" quoted by one of the top QC's in the UK http://time.com/3512541/thailand-koh-tao-murder-hannah-witheridge-david-miller-2/

The investigation report will be damning, honest and no words will be minced. Unfortunately the public version will also be translated into a carefully worded diplomatic statement. The phrases and terms used in that statement will be of the kind that are well known as a condemnation of the investigation.

If you really think its going to be anything other than that then your dreaming. The indications are already there about how this has gone for the UK police team.

• Like 2

I read on Thai visa that the UK police had already returned, there's some crap go's on, with some people on this site, putting all that aside, let's hope that we can hear something new from their report, instead of half the crap we hear already, and without a lot of the Facebook shit that people spread

The facebook shit as you put it is more credible than anything on here. To post on the facebook shit you need to have your real name. Here you can be anything you want.

• Like 1

The facebook shit as you put it is more credible than anything on here. To post on the facebook shit you need to have your real name. Here you can be anything you want.

Absolutely untrue as shown by the vast majority of people posting on that FB page who don't use their names (including the owner of the page)