Darts in Chiang Mai - where to buy?

BonnieandClyde

Are good quality darts and dartboards available in Chiang Mai?

Not necessarily the super expensive top-of-the-line kind, but better than kids stuff.

We've been using a fairly good board, bought locally, and have three quality darts that we brought with us when we arrived a few years ago.

We would like to buy a matched set of six darts and perhaps upgrade to a better board.

Any suggestions on where to get them would be appreciated.

Years ago they used to have a darts league where pubs/bars would have weekly competitions. I used to be on one of the teams (true blue/up2you) and got my darts from a team member, quality darts too. If they still are operating the league competitions you might check them out.

• Like 1

I don't think you'll find decent darts or a board in any of the sports shops or the place opposite Yupparaj school. The best bet would be, as Tywais said, contacting someone from the local darts league if it still exists. I used to play in the local league and remember having a game at Tuskers one night, having not played for a year or two. Having been a decent player I couldn't believe how bad I was!

In those days the boards were being brought in from the UK and the guy selling darts and flights was bringing them from Malaysia, I think. Try googling 'darts Thailand' maybe you can order from a darts league in Bangkok or Pattaya.

I googled for you! http://www.dartsthailand.com/bar_index.php

Try Half Moon Bar Moon Muang, soi 2

Edited by Chiengmaijoe

I don't think you'll find decent darts or a board in any of the sports shops or the place opposite Yupparaj school. The best bet would be, as Tywais said, contacting someone from the local darts league if it still exists. I used to play in the local league and remember having a game at Tuskers one night, having not played for a year or two. Having been a decent player I couldn't believe how bad I was!

In those days the boards were being brought in from the UK and the guy selling darts and flights was bringing them from Malaysia, I think. Try googling 'darts Thailand' maybe you can order from a darts league in Bangkok or Pattaya.

I googled for you! http://www.dartsthailand.com/bar_index.php

Try Half Moon Bar Moon Muang, soi 2

Thanks to you and Tywais. The darts league sounds like fun - if not as players then as spectators.

What you're saying essentially is that quality darts and dartboards aren't available in Chiang Mai. No surprise really, although we will keep trying a little longer.

Much obliged for the replies.