Help! Filling Out Visa Application.

Hi,

I have some more questions about the process of my first Visa application.

Here are the facts.....

-26 year old US citizen coming arriving in Bangkok on August 5th.

-person has a valid United States passport

-person is looking to stay in Thailand for possibly 6 or more months

-person will not be employed in thailand

Ok. I will be leaving on August 4th and I am looking to drive over to the Thai consulate in

New York city to try and get a tourist visa before I leave later that night.

question 1) Is this a waste of my time? Is it possible to get a same day tourist visa if I apply in person?

Ok. If if it is possible to get the visa with relative ease in person then I have couple of more questions about the application.

1) On the application I checked the Tourist Visa* box. This is what many of you have told me was the best option for someone like me coming to Thailand with out the intention to work for a Thai business. What should I put for "Number of entries requested" considering a possible lengthy stay in Thailand.

2) In section 4 of the application there is a question regarding "length of stay". What should I put down in this column. Sorry if this is a simple questions but not sure if I should put down my intended stay time or not.. Don't want the thai consulate to frown if I put "one year" there and they know I am going to thailand on a tourist visa.

3) Do i need a reference person and address to a person in Thailand? This is in the final column.

4) Do I take my own 2x2 photogragh for the picture on the application or will they do this at the consulate?

Ok, guys and gals, thanks for any more info you can give. This forum is great and you have all been a lot of help so far. Later.

My opinions.

Ok. I will be leaving on August 4th and I am looking to drive over to the Thai consulate in

New York city to try and get a tourist visa before I leave later that night.

question 1) Is this a waste of my time? Is it possible to get a same day tourist visa if I apply in person?

Unlikely! Only hope is to call them ahead of time and make a special request.

Ok. If if it is possible to get the visa with relative ease in person then I have couple of more questions about the application.

1) On the application I checked the Tourist Visa* box. This is what many of you have told me was the best option for someone like me coming to Thailand with out the intention to work for a Thai business. What should I put for "Number of entries requested" considering a possible lengthy stay in Thailand.

You could ask for a double or triple entry and pay double or triple the fee.

2) In section 4 of the application there is a question regarding "length of stay". What should I put down in this column. Sorry if this is a simple questions but not sure if I should put down my intended stay time or not.. Don't want the thai consulate to frown if I put "one year" there and they know I am going to thailand on a tourist visa.

One entry: 60 days, two - 120, three 180

3) Do i need a reference person and address to a person in Thailand? This is in the final column.

Find something to put in that blank. A travel agent? A real estate broker? Bureaucrats don't like a vacuum.

4) Do I take my own 2x2 photogragh for the picture on the application or will they do this at the consulate?

Take your own and take two.

Do you have a one way ticket? Either way, the consulate might ask to see your ticket. And if you don't have a ticket showing exit out of Thailand within THIRTY days or a VISA, you most likely will not be boarded on the airplane in the first place. The exit ticket can be to Malaysia, doesn't need to be back to the US.

Edited by Thaiquila

Same day issue is not normal but if you get there early with a plane ticket in hand they "might" be able to help you.

1. Try for 3 entry and accept 2 or 1 if they have a problem with that.

2. I would just put 60 days as that is the max on one entry.

3. "self"

4. Take your photos. Also have supply for use in Thailand later if not much more cost.