Vanessa-Mae: Skiing violinist banned for four years

Lite Beer

I am not sure that she was complicit in the cheating. Given the history of the Thai Sports Authority cheating and corruption is allegedly quite normal practice.

Corrected your post for you:

Given the history of Thais, cheating and corruption is allegedly quite normal practice.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

World class fiddler on the fiddle?

It's just another local snow job!

All the classic elements, Thai hi-so, still not happy with millions of real dollars, talent, beauty, fame, and genuine adoration, just has to push it to the freakin' ridiculous.

And then it all turns to shit.

Defend her all you like, why could she not have skied for Britain? or Singapore?

Because they would have told her she could not hope to qualify, given the irregularities it took to 'rush' her into the event.

But there was ONE committee who could fix it, just like Jim... and hey, Ms. hi-so, you can do ANYTHING, you are above all the other animals in the barn, because you have MONEY, honey...

Edited by dhream

C'mon people.

She was brought up in the UK by a British Lawyer since the age of 4.

Cheating the system was not that percentage of Thai or Chinese in her DNA -- it's institutionalized Britishness - A british lawyer step dad would be great training.

We are the culture of benefit fraud, this must of been child's play, and she fulfilled a childhood dream, bless.

P.S. still think she is hot!

We? You speak for yourself Mr Cynic!

Hmmm..A Thai woman who's a scammer. Fancy that.

No, no she did not do anything wrong. It was the Thai Olympic committee. The committee said it was the fault of her handlers for not to explaining how well she played er... skied since she was a toddler. Somebody else must have been at fault. Anyway, she is half Thai. Affected only by 50% of Thainess.

04085338-460496.jpg

Hardly the crime of the century.

Really think that the Olympics should allow all countries to have at least one competitor per games. As long as safety issues are covered in the more technical sports, fail to see the harm. Sure they do this at the summer games judging by some of the competitors in the sprints.

I think that the more rigid qualification rules for the winter games came in due to Eddie the eagle. The focus on his (non)performance - despite having had some previous jumping experience - was too much for some of the 'stuck-ups' running the games.

Of course, having a separate qualification for being 'hot' would have solved the problem!!

"Hardly the crime of the century."

She hasn't committed a crime at all.

World class fiddler on the fiddle?

It's just another local snow job!

All the classic elements, Thai hi-so, still not happy with millions of real dollars, talent, beauty, fame, and genuine adoration, just has to push it to the freakin' ridiculous.

And then it all turns to shit.

Defend her all you like, why could she not have skied for Britain? or Singapore?

Because they would have told her she could not hope to qualify, given the irregularities it took to 'rush' her into the event.

But there was ONE committee who could fix it, just like Jim... and hey, Ms. hi-so, you can do ANYTHING, you are above all the other animals in the barn, because you have MONEY, honey...

"Thai hi-so,..."

She's not bloody Thai.

Didn't the Thais push to get her qualified.

The Olympic committee obviously isn't FIFA.

Yes and she had the full backing and was representing Thailand. She was the darling of the country and was considered 100% Thai and not some low class mixed blood. Guess now she is just another farang.

Now that she is in disgrace Thais will predictably disown her.

Thailand never "owned" her in the first place so there is no disowning to be done.

She was reported in Thai as thiers, she was thai and they were proud of thier Olympic athlete and world renowned musician.

go to google and type top 10 athletes cheated in their sport. the first result was to me viewmixed . com , below are the results

Lance Armstrong "American"

Baseball star Jose Canseco " Cuban-American"

Marion Jones "American"

Fika Motsoeneng "South Africa"

Ben Johnson "Jamaica"

And the list goes on, I am not sure if their grand grand fathers or mothers DNA have any "thainess" in but i am sure all over the world cheating happens in sports .

I really do hate people live in a country which they hate the most but still continue to do so. This is what i suggest . Since you are better in every-way than thai people and since you are so unhappy to live in this 3rd world country, why don't you leave? Why not go to a country that you can be happy? Why you have to be irritated and uncomfortable everyday in your retirement life in this "unworthy" country?

go to google and type top 10 athletes cheated in their sport. the first result was to me viewmixed . com , below are the results

Marion Jones "American"

Ben Johnson "Jamaica"

And the list goes on, I am not sure if their grand grand fathers or mothers DNA have any "thainess" in but i am sure all over the world cheating happens in sports .

I really do hate people live in a country which they hate the most but still continue to do so. This is what i suggest . Since you are better in every-way than thai people and since you are so unhappy to live in this 3rd world country, why don't you leave? Why not go to a country that you can be happy? Why you have to be irritated and uncomfortable everyday in your retirement life in this "unworthy" country?

Just because people on here make a comment on a sports cheat doesn't mean they are unhappy or hate the country. Having an opinion doesn't mean you should then pack your bags and get out. I bet you would love to be in power so you could expel and deport those who have a different view. Having everyone programmed with exactly the same thoughts and walking around like robots would be boring, no more sports, discussions or humour as all would be identical.

Funny thing is, when she was on top, you bastids was all yelling..... "It's her father who is Thai, so..." "She's from Singapore" "She never lived in Thailand" "Raised in the UK since age 3." Dozens of posts like that.

Now..... "She's Thai alright!"

Pass the waffles. violin.gif

enuff said

~

Edited by enuff said

Can anyone really believe she didn't know her times were false ?

She must have known her own usual standard then to suddenly qualify... ?

The Thai Olympic Committee would have been so keen to have a competitor and someone world famous at that.

The ban is nothing as she \'s unlikely to ever try again but at least it's on record, no pun intended.

Did she cheat or did someone cheat on her behalf unbeknown to herself?

No way she could not have known about it.

So sad... a wonderful musical talent whose image will forever be tainted by "Thainess".

Not to worry, 99% of the world wouldn't even know who she is, of the remaining 1% half wouldn't care and the balance - well do they count anyway.

Marion Jones "American"

Ben Johnson "Jamaica"

Just because people on here make a comment on a sports cheat doesn't mean they are unhappy or hate the country. Having an opinion doesn't mean you should then pack your bags and get out. I bet you would love to be in power so you could expel and deport those who have a different view. Having everyone programmed with exactly the same thoughts and walking around like robots would be boring, no more sports, discussions or humour as all would be identical.

Yeah, except that the vast majority of posts are not commenting on an isolated sports cheat, they are making blanket statements about how Thais are corrupt and cheat.

I don't like doing multiple quotes but its easy for you to scan back through the posts and see exactly what I am saying.

There is obvious Thai-bashing on this thread.

The Thai Olympic Committee would have been so keen to have a competitor and someone world famous at that.

The ban is nothing as she \'s unlikely to ever try again but at least it's on record, no pun intended.

Were her times false?

I thought it was other competitors' times and positions which were falsified.

Lets go back and re-read the details.

Were her times false?

I thought it was other competitors' times and positions which were falsified.

Lets go back and re-read the details.

The initial report was she had been given faster times than she had actually recorded.