Vanessa-Mae: Skiing violinist banned for four years

Lite Beer

So sad... a wonderful musical talent whose image will forever be tainted by "Thainess".

So true. The tollerence and even encougement for lying and cheating really taints the country.

At the same time, those that I do business with in Thailand, have been nothing but honest and upstanding.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did she cheat or did someone cheat on her behalf unbeknown to herself?

Exactly

Reading the full story (something that seems to elude the vast majority of TV posters before they scramble to their keyboard to slag Thais off) I doubt very much that she could have manipulated the results of 4 races all on her own

There is also no mention of her personally doing so

But hey ho the Thai bashers are sat with their pants down with tissues scattered around them happy that they have managed to post their daily Thai bashing.

So, your point is that cheating is okay when Thais do it?

No way she could not have known about it.

So sad... a wonderful musical talent whose image will forever be tainted by "Thainess".

Better check videos of her performances, she is probably "lip syncing" to Stefan Grapelli recordings.

go to google and type top 10 athletes cheated in their sport. the first result was to me viewmixed . com , below are the results

Lance Armstrong "American"

Baseball star Jose Canseco " Cuban-American"

Marion Jones "American"

Fika Motsoeneng "South Africa"

Ben Johnson "Jamaica"

And the list goes on, I am not sure if their grand grand fathers or mothers DNA have any "thainess" in but i am sure all over the world cheating happens in sports .

I really do hate people live in a country which they hate the most but still continue to do so. This is what i suggest . Since you are better in every-way than thai people and since you are so unhappy to live in this 3rd world country, why don't you leave? Why not go to a country that you can be happy? Why you have to be irritated and uncomfortable everyday in your retirement life in this "unworthy" country?

Just because people on here make a comment on a sports cheat doesn't mean they are unhappy or hate the country. Having an opinion doesn't mean you should then pack your bags and get out. I bet you would love to be in power so you could expel and deport those who have a different view. Having everyone programmed with exactly the same thoughts and walking around like robots would be boring, no more sports, discussions or humour as all would be identical.

Yeah, except that the vast majority of posts are not commenting on an isolated sports cheat, they are making blanket statements about how Thais are corrupt and cheat.

I don't like doing multiple quotes but its easy for you to scan back through the posts and see exactly what I am saying.

There is obvious Thai-bashing on this thread.

Exactly my point. Not only this topic but 90 percent of the forum is about how thai people are corrupt and cheat, how this country is unsafe to live in, how thai women are only scammers, blah blah blah.

Yes this country is not perfect and yes this country is not the most safest place on earth but i do live in here, i make my money in here and i MUST respect their way of live and i must obey their laws if i want to continue living here. There is a famous saying, Don't sh.t where you eat.

go to google and type top 10 athletes cheated in their sport. the first result was to me viewmixed . com , below are the results

Marion Jones "American"

Ben Johnson "Jamaica"

And the list goes on, I am not sure if their grand grand fathers or mothers DNA have any "thainess" in but i am sure all over the world cheating happens in sports .

I really do hate people live in a country which they hate the most but still continue to do so. This is what i suggest . Since you are better in every-way than thai people and since you are so unhappy to live in this 3rd world country, why don't you leave? Why not go to a country that you can be happy? Why you have to be irritated and uncomfortable everyday in your retirement life in this "unworthy" country?

So what are you trying to prove? Others cheat therefore it's OK that she does?

As for your QUOTE "I really do hate people live in a country which they hate the most ..."

You are megaphoning Xenophobic Thainess. Maybe by osmosis or sympathy to a significant other.

The beauty of freedom of speech is that enables people to vent their opinions and thoughts.

Hurray for Thai Visa in this case!!! clap2.gif

Are you for the suppression of free speech, banning from your imaginary domain those who disagree with your preferences and opinions, or are you in favor of a gag on all people and dictatorship?

Conversely, if you hate so much the people who disagree with you here, why don't you leave Thai Visa?

Edited by pisico

See cutting from a well known UK newspaper

"FIS found the races in Slovenia were organised at the request of Mae's management company and the Thailand Olympic Committee in order to enable her to meet the qualifying criteria."

The lady concerned is reputedly worth in excess of GBP30mill, and while I admit she's still pretty good looking at 35+, she clearly hasn't changed from the spoiled brat that she was when she became so famous in her late teens.

Pity I think everybody had hoped it was a genuine effort.

Anyone who knows anything about ski racing knows the results were manipulated. End of story.

The races Technical Delegate should be banned for life as well. She should have been asked

to recuse herself from the Olympics. I was not alone on this board to state with 100% certainty

that the results had been manipulated after it was announced she had met the Olympic standard.

To put it in some context a novice golfer came within a half dozen strokes of a PGA tour professional

on multiple rounds of golf after not being within 40 strokes on many, many, rounds.

Exactly

Reading the full story (something that seems to elude the vast majority of TV posters before they scramble to their keyboard to slag Thais off) I doubt very much that she could have manipulated the results of 4 races all on her own

There is also no mention of her personally doing so

But hey ho the Thai bashers are sat with their pants down with tissues scattered around them happy that they have managed to post their daily Thai bashing.

So, your point is that cheating is okay when Thais do it?

Did anyone mention cheating was OK - this discussion was about Vanessa-Mae possibly not being aware of what was going on.

If her time is that far behind other skiers why wud anyone want to humiliate themselves in public like that, stick to your violin Vanessa. By the way, I'm sure she lived in Australia for quite some time, prob descendant of the convicts

Would you like to link info about her living in Aust., or is that a bit too difficult for you.

Anyone who knows anything about ski racing knows the results were manipulated. End of story.

The races Technical Delegate should be banned for life as well. She should have been asked

to recuse herself from the Olympics. I was not alone on this board to state with 100% certainty

that the results had been manipulated after it was announced she had met the Olympic standard.

To put it in some context a novice golfer came within a half dozen strokes of a PGA tour professional

on multiple rounds of golf after not being within 40 strokes on many, many, rounds.

Does she play golf as well? What a woman.

How does one manipulate a result in a skiing event? Either they go down the course correctly or they don't. Or the timing was all wrong, or wrong equipment used. Either way, she still came last, with assistance laugh.png

If you read the original BBC article, you will see that she "qualified" for the Olympics at a skiing event in Slovenia that

was totally set up and bogus. Including listing results from athletes that were actually not there.

The organizers and judges of that event should be banned for life, not just four years, as well

as she (not that I think she ever wants to try again).

And frankly I would also strongly criticize the FIS committee that took so long to find this out. They must have known

already before the Olympics about the stink, and might saved the place for a more worthy competitor.

Now it would be interesting to know: is she actually Thai? When/how did she receive a passport?

Wikipedia says she has british citizenship, doesn't mention Thai (although it is updated on the skiing fraud).

I believe the investigation should go deeper and look into the Thai Olympic Committee.

If her time is that far behind other skiers why wud anyone want to humiliate themselves in public like that, stick to your violin Vanessa. By the way, I'm sure she lived in Australia for quite some time, prob descendant of the convicts

If this is Aussie bashing, then you are a prize mong, mate, since the Convicts were 100% British.

And what's more, a significant portion of them were simply hungry urchins, not hard core thieves.

Stick to bashing the locals, 'enufsaid', they really deserve it!

Marion Jones "American"

Ben Johnson "Jamaica"

Just because people on here make a comment on a sports cheat doesn't mean they are unhappy or hate the country. Having an opinion doesn't mean you should then pack your bags and get out. I bet you would love to be in power so you could expel and deport those who have a different view. Having everyone programmed with exactly the same thoughts and walking around like robots would be boring, no more sports, discussions or humour as all would be identical.

Yeah, except that the vast majority of posts are not commenting on an isolated sports cheat, they are making blanket statements about how Thais are corrupt and cheat.

I don't like doing multiple quotes but its easy for you to scan back through the posts and see exactly what I am saying.

There is obvious Thai-bashing on this thread.

Exactly my point. Not only this topic but 90 percent of the forum is about how thai people are corrupt and cheat, how this country is unsafe to live in, how thai women are only scammers, blah blah blah.

Yes this country is not perfect and yes this country is not the most safest place on earth but i do live in here, i make my money in here and i MUST respect their way of live and i must obey their laws if i want to continue living here. There is a famous saying, Don't sh.t where you eat.

Don't shit where you eat? Seems the locals have no problem with that one! They even shit where they ski...

We mostly all DO obey their laws, even if THEY don't!

It's laughable really... and then they wonder why we are so pissed off and cynical?

dandun's list of sports cheats has one problem, they were more or less responsible for their own downfall.

VM and her cronies were an all too familiar cohort of the usual group of hi-so skulduggery artists we are all so used to seeing here... even if she is not Thai (and how can she not be, it's in her DNA, and is THE only reason she would be allowed to compete as a Thai, as we all know) then her little mates certainly were, and true to form at that. They are guilty as sin. And let the record show where they hail from...

It's not Thai bashing to state the bleeding obvious, why should she weasle out of it just because she is cute, talented, has a passport or three up her jumper, etc etc, it's not about being Thai, it's about the culture condoning this crap. They know it's wrong, but turn a blind eye, It's 'up to them' to wake up and stamp it out!

Edited by dhream

World class fiddler on the fiddle?

It's just another local snow job!

All the classic elements, Thai hi-so, still not happy with millions of real dollars, talent, beauty, fame, and genuine adoration, just has to push it to the freakin' ridiculous.

And then it all turns to shit.

Defend her all you like, why could she not have skied for Britain? or Singapore?

Because they would have told her she could not hope to qualify, given the irregularities it took to 'rush' her into the event.

But there was ONE committee who could fix it, just like Jim... and hey, Ms. hi-so, you can do ANYTHING, you are above all the other animals in the barn, because you have MONEY, honey...

"Thai hi-so,..."

She's not bloody Thai.

Oh yes she 'bloody' is, because her blood, her DNA, is Thai, or you wanna argue with science?

All the rest is just rubber stamps.

Also, you know as well as I do, that nobody has ever become 'Thai' the way you or I can become 'British', 'American' or 'Australian' or even 'Singaporean!'

The only way Thailand would allow her to represent the country is if she is 'bloody' Thai in the very most literal sense.

Stop defending the indefensible.

If you disagree with opinions on 'Thainess' = lack of fundamental sportsmanship, honesty, etc etc, then knock yourself out, but VM not Thai? Please!