Bang Saray Military Golf Course

joebrown

For those golfers who want to hire a buggy (cart) and play only 9 holes please note the cost has just increased to 600bht (from 350bht). I understand the charge is the same for 18 holes ie 600bht. Maybe the extra revenue if any, will be used to transform the fairways from farm land into a proper golf course?

Having spoken to a Bang Saray caddie this afternoon, it seems common sense has for once prevailed. Apparently, several farangs arrived to play today and expressed their disgust and voted with their feet! This was noted by the caddie team (40 ladies) who feared they would lose a lot of work and tips. The caddies sent a delegation into the golf controller's office and it was decided that the fee would not be increased, at least for the time being. Well done caddies!!

I spoke to these guys last week and the price without buggy is still less than Asia Pattaya on weekends. Still a great deal at 400 baht for nine holes (without buggy) on weekends, even cheaper during the week.

IMHO any golf course is better value than Asia Pattaya, which after all is only a 9 hole Par 3 layout!

Is this the same place where thais are allowed to carry their own clubs [no caddies].

I used it some years back and when this rule came into effect [farangs MUST have caddies] it took ages waiting for the 4+ groups in front carrying their own clubs to clear the greens.

I have not been since.

I believe the cost then was 150 baht. There were no buggies then.

Edited by for real

• 8 years later...