Zambia: Elephant survives mass lion attack (Video)

webfact

It's one elephant versus 14 lions in video shot at Norman Carr Safaris Chinzombo Camp in Zambia

ZAMBIA: -- THIS is a video about the little guy taking on the pack. Except in this case the little guy is a big guy — a juvenile African elephant — and the pack is a pride of 14 hungry lions.

The extraordinary footage shows the solitary elephant fending off the lions near a waterhole. One of the lions sinks its claws into the elephant’s rear flanks and even hitches a ride on the animal’s back.

The elephant manages to shake off some of the lions by entering the water, before turning back and attempting a charge — prompting the predators to come at him again

Full story: http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/its-one-elephant-versus-14-lions-in-video-shot-at-norman-carr-safaris-chinzombo-camp-in-zambia/story-fnjwkt0b-1227120367661

news.com.au.jpg
-- News.com.au 2014-11-12
  • Like 2

amazing. It's yet another reminder, to me, of why we don't need a Man-invented God and all the problems which come with it. Nature is infinitely fascinating. It works great for me. No scriptures, no edicts, no admonishments, no restrictions, no limits, just..... nature.

and the Surin Elephant Festival where it can be truly exploited.wink.png

amazing. It's yet another reminder, to me, of why we don't need a Man-invented God and all the problems which come with it. Nature is infinitely fascinating. It works great for me. No scriptures, no edicts, no admonishments, no restrictions, no limits, just..... nature.

If you relied on nature, without mans laws and moral compass you probably would not live past 20.

• Like 2

If you relied on nature, without mans laws and moral compass you probably would not live past 20.

True but if we relied on this so called god's law then we would still be living in the Middle Ages and you and I would not be using computers.

True but if we relied on this so called god's law then we would still be living in the Middle Ages and you and I would not be using computers.

But... err, it looks like you're in furious agreement.

Feisty little cuss, glad he ran them off.

Wonder why the SOB's taking the video, didn't fire a couple shots in the air to help him out, using something like this pictured would have done the job nicely.

Thanks, Pundi, I was wondering what you meant by "fire" and "shots."

Edited by aboctok