Where can I get Copy of old work permit?

Hello,

I am applying for a new non imm b visa, it says I need a copy of my old work permit which I do not have. Contacting my previous employer is not an option for several reasons. I can use proof of cancellation in place of the copy of the original.

Do I go to Thai immigration in Bangkok or The Department of Labor?

WHich can give me a copy of the wp or a notice of cancellation?

You don't need a copy of your old workto get a non-b visa.

You perhaps are misreading this " - Copy of Work Permit issued by the Ministry of Labour and alien income tax or Por Ngor Dor 91 (only in the case where applicant has previously worked in Thailand)." From: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22-(for-Business-and.html

That would be your valid work permit if you have one.

You don't need a copy of your old workto get a non-b visa.

You perhaps are misreading this " - Copy of Work Permit issued by the Ministry of Labour and alien income tax or Por Ngor Dor 91 (only in the case where applicant has previously worked in Thailand)." From: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22-(for-Business-and.html

That would be your valid work permit if you have one.

Thanks Joe,

I read a visa report from Singapore where somone had an issue and they demanded to see a copy or cancellation letter because of the " apply for work permit" stamp on his last Non Imm B visa.

I understand Singapore has a bad reputation. Unfortunately, long story short, my new employer has essentially insisted on me going to Singapore. I have all of the other paper work, but now I am afraid I will be rejected there because I do not have a copy of my last work permit. I also do not have a notice of cancellation. My WP was issued in Chiang Mai, now I am in Bangkok. Can the Labor Department here give me a copy or notice of cancellation? WIll a letter from my last employer work?

Thanks,

Nbuff

I don't think you will be able to get a copy of your old work permit anywhere unless your previous employer has a copy.

Proof of it being cancelled would probably have to come from the work permit office in Chiang Mai.

It is hard to tell what Singapore might want. Website; http://www.thaiembassy.sg/visa-matters-/-consular/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa-b

Your old employers Accountant should have a copy. I got one that way.

I think the OP has made clear he doesn't want any contact with the former employer...

He does not have to contact the employer, but can contact their accountant company directly.