Gluten Free Products in Chiang Rai?

Aftrmidnyt

Hello all,

Is anybody aware of gluten free products available in Chiang Rai?

Shopping has greatly improved in the short time I have been living here but I have yet to find any gluten free products.

I have checked the main TV pages and see this market "niche" is being addressed in BKK and even as close as Chiang Rai. Old archived threads though.

On a separate note, I see Tops now has Organic milk! Very Cool.

Thank you for any information.

Peace,

Aft.

Hello Homemade,

Thank you for the info, I'll go check it out today.

I'm not looking for a particular item although I do miss bread the most.

Most of the gluten free bread products back in Canada tend to taste like cardboard. Not all, but most.

Pizza crust would be in the same category.

I tend to shop without a list and stock up when I find something that catches my eye (and taste)

It is very hard to eliminate gluten from ones diet but I like to reduce intake as much as possible.

With that being said... I'm looking for as many products as I can find.

Peace,

Aft.

You might consider the Paleo diet, sometimes called Ancestral. Gluten-free food is everywhere: on a Paleo diet, carbs are things like sweet potato, white potato, Kabocha pumpkin, plantain; baked goods can be made with almond flour, coconut flour -- or flourless using cream, butter, eggs, dark chocolate. There are many many paleo websites with amazingly delicious recipes.

• Like 1

You might consider the Paleo diet, sometimes called Ancestral. Gluten-free food is everywhere: on a Paleo diet, carbs are things like sweet potato, white potato, Kabocha pumpkin, plantain; baked goods can be made with almond flour, coconut flour -- or flourless using cream, butter, eggs, dark chocolate. There are many many paleo websites with amazingly delicious recipes.

Thank You very much for this.

I have bookmarked a website and it seems I have some reading to do.

That is not a problem...I have plenty of time. thumbsup.gif

Peace,

Aft

You should try shopping at Rimping market in Meechok or Promenada. They carry a variety of gluten-free makings. You will have to make your own bread, pancakes, muffins, pastry dough, etc. from the makings. It is not hard to do.

I asked Mrs. Aft about these shops and she informs me they are in Chiang Mai.

Will check them out when we go on a road trip, although I have no idea when that may occur.

Thank you so much for your input.

Peace,

Aft

• Like 1