Policeman seen kicking a suspect transferred

Lite Beer

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adrenaline kicks in after a vehicle pursuit and altercation.

Too bad the drunk chose to endanger all those lives when he chose to drive drunk and resist arrest.

What the drunk did doesn't matter! Absolutely no excuse for a policeman kicking a handcuffed man in the face. In most civilized countries the cop would be suspended without pay pending an investigation and probable criminal assault charges.

But here I imagine he will be back on active duty in a month or so. Very sad.

No excuse to kick the guy in the face, agreed. In most 'civilized' countries cops get away with murder too mate, no difference at all

The clip shows the policeman kicking the guy unconscious while he was sat down with his hands handcuffed behind his back.

Guess he annoyed the cops by resisting arrest and one of them kicked him @ 1:57 seconds as payback.

http://youtu.be/pqjVzu4mm28

It shows how incompetent they really are. It takes 3 or 4 guys several minutes to handcuff a drunk. Instead of putting him face down they try doing it standing up, lol. And then the fat coward kicks him in the face when he knows that the drunk is defenceless, typical

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What ever a person has done a policeman has no right to kick a man in the face while his hands are handcuffed behind his back . It was good to see the other policeman push him away and stop him , in any other country this policeman would be jailed .

Further, I wonder if the policeman who kicked the guy has ever been drunk and a bit roudy or a bit disorderly? Or has the policeman ever driven a vehicle after a few drinks?

A high probability the answer is yes and yes.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Too bad the drunk chose to endanger all those lives when he chose to drive drunk and resist arrest.

What the drunk did doesn't matter! Absolutely no excuse for a policeman kicking a handcuffed man in the face. In most civilized countries the cop would be suspended without pay pending an investigation and probable criminal assault charges.

No excuse to kick the guy in the face, agreed. In most 'civilized' countries cops get away with murder too mate, no difference at all

MAy well be true.

My Thai son's buddy at uni (nice young guy) had an older brother who was a cop, he raped a woman being help in a police cell. But in this case the cop was charged and ended up in jail for 12 months. He was also dismissed without pension etc. His main crime was that he picked the wrong girl who was being held wrongly because of a mix up of identity and the girl came from a famous and powerful family.

Son says the cop (before the rape & jail) had been investigated many times for violence and inappropriate treatment of persons in custody but had always somehow got off.

And if the guy had killed a young child and her mother with his drink driving antics - would you all still be posting the same "OMG I can't belive the policeman did that" ? Or would you be saying he deserved it?

The only thing wrong there is that he should have been given that kick whilst he was resisting arrest, then it would have been absolutley fine. Either way a good shoeing was called for one way or another, the courts wouldn't stop him doing it again. Maybe he'll remember that kick next time he thinks about getting behind the wheel and driving like a nutter.

You must be a fan of Judge Dredd movies then.

• Like 1

I have zero tolerance for drinking and driving which should feel the full weight of the law, but not the weight of a BIB's boot whilst handcuffed and sitting helpless on the ground. This was a cowardly act and I doubt very much that the BIB is really worried about the offence, more about the loss of face trying to restrain handcuff the guy, which was to say the least.......amateurish.

Loss of face rules.

• Like 1

I think this piece of crap deserved it. He was drunk, driving dangerous, resisting arrest. He looked a lot more subdued and respectful after he got the shot (which wasn't that much of a shot as there was not blood and he was walking and able to bow fine afterwards).

I am sure a lot of PC posters will jump on me about this but how many of you same people get on this forum and chastise these same drunken murderers when they run over children and other innocents o the street then run away or are released on bail?

If he ran over your child what would you do to him then? Have a shot of whisky and send him on his way?

• Like 1

If only this was true. Here in America police get away with kicking the crap out of men, women and children. They can be in handcuffs too and they will be charged with resisting and assault when they get out of the hospital. Rarely does anything happen to the cop.

• Like 1

No big deal really. The copper did not have a stun gun to calm the perp down, so a kick in the face was substituted. Then the perp woke up, behaved rather nicely, followed the copper's instructions and sat down quietly. This guy is just lucky he is not an enemy combatant, I mean civilian in St. Louis or Ferguson, Missouri or Anywhere's California USA. He would have more holes in him than a slice of Swiss Cheese. Example: Cause of Death in Autopsy Report - Lead Poisoning

And if the guy had killed a young child and her mother with his drink driving antics - would you all still be posting the same "OMG I can't belive the policeman did that" ? Or would you be saying he deserved it?

The only thing wrong there is that he should have been given that kick whilst he was resisting arrest, then it would have been absolutley fine. Either way a good shoeing was called for one way or another, the courts wouldn't stop him doing it again. Maybe he'll remember that kick next time he thinks about getting behind the wheel and driving like a nutter.

Emotionally, I agree, but objectively I must respectfully (towards our emotions) disagree.

Officers are not above the law, and this was an offensive assault and not defensive move.

Unfortunately, and regrettably, everyone's objective perspective on what should and should not be is not the way it works here. The undeveloped, uncivilized mentality prevents any of these rational posts from ever seeing the light of day with regards to developed and civilized behavior.

The behavior of the civilian sectors and the behavior of the law enforcement sectors leave a lot to be desired here, and when the two collide, this is what we can all expect.

What I am saying is, this drunk brought it on himself, the officer brought on himself as well, and invariably all of those people who could have been hit brought this on themselves as well, but is anyone really that surprised?

We can all go blue in the face describing what should be, but what is... is in reality, an environment full of inconsistencies and convolutions that will never see any change outside of this sort of behavior.

The culture breeds and nurtures it.

Conclusion: Simply another day of being subjected to "Thainess".

Collateral Damage Count: Minimal

We are living in a 3rd world country, it is what it is...

Of course this has never happened in Britain or the USA, lets not forget how we used to police in our "civilised countries. Of course Thailand is years behind us, but please don't forget how we used to behave, and in some cases still do.

• Like 1

The UN And Japan leaders took the time this past week to suggest that martial law in Thailand should be abolished and law enforcement returned to the civil authorities (RTP). Neither one seem clued in/aware of the corruption, brutality, and mafia like system that this group of "thugs'' operate under.in this country.The majority of criminal activity that takes place in Thaind is probably traceable back to either a active duty or ex (BIB) (RTP) or use whatever title you want to call them. No I did not say cases I said activity. No I cannot prove this personal opinion but I doubt that anyone can prove otherwise either.

The present government has demoted several in their short tenure in power, to date and hopefully will continue in their quest to bring " to protect and serve " into the policeman/woman mindset when they apply for accept and wear the uniform, that the people who reside here deserve, no matter ifThai or foreigner..

A good transfer that will stop the police from thinking they are above the law this will make them think twice now before taking the law into their own hands and not the courts a few cops shaking in their boots today after hearing this story I bet.

Hilarious!

• Like 1

The cop should have kicked the suspect once back at the police station,....like the police do in the western (civilized) countries.....away from filming witnesses.....!!!

In the US he would have been shot.....in self defense.....if he was to be a black guy of course.....!!!!

Just kidding...!!!!!

Edited by off road pat

I just love it when someone makes a comparison that never happened. If the guy killed a mother and child while driving drunk, all the Thais standing nearby would have kicked him to death...even if he was handcuffed.

I am astounded that there are posters here defending this act. I do wonder what their views would be if this was n their own country? And yes, Plice in the West do shitty things to.

Some have even made up a BS medical diagnosis to justify it.

• Like 1

Some people just dont get it. It is a slippery slope you define. By saying it is perfectly fine for a police officer to kick a suspect in the face and knock him out in this case, you create a VERY slippery slope that would lead to all kinds of police abuse and brutality, and a totally unprofessional police force that turns into part vigilante doling out some punishment at their discretion.

Whether the guy deserved it or not, is not the point. The point is that a professional police officer does not have the right to determine that the suspect is guilty and also to deliver some punishment for his perceived guilt.

Where do you draw the line? Are they allowed free hits? How many hits and how much physical damage are they allowed to inflict before it is abuse and illegal? 1 kick to the face is fine? So, if multiple police officers, then they each get 1 hit? Are 2 hits allowed? If the damage is substantial, how much is too much. Concussion is fine? What if there are lingering damage? What if the suspect fell and hit his head on the concrete and died? Is that allowed? Just an accidental death? Do you have to then start setting guidelines of legal abuse depending on the crime. If caught stealing, you get one punch to the face, but cannot be a knockout, if the crime endangered others, you get a free punch and concussion is ok. So, for any DUI arrest, police are allowed to punch? And while knowing that they did the crime or not is not the issue, what if the police have the wrong suspect and dont know it? Are they also allowed free hits on an innocent person. Or do you have a rule that free hits are allowed, if they are 100% sure the victim did it. I only state these absurd things because that is what you face in the slippery slope, were you to condone this kind of behavior.

And you also must realize not all police officers are good people too. The police force is not exempt from having bad people, so these laws also try to protect against this. There are corrupt, bad Police officers, so you have to put in laws that dont give Police extra power to abuse.

This cannot be tolerated. People who condone this let their emotions cloud common sense and reasoning. If you were a police chief condoning this unprofessional behavior, you would not last, and any police force in a well run country would not allow it and if it did, would be fired, and the city with a huge lawsuit. We can all relate to the feeling sometimes of wanting to punch a person who has committed a terrible crime or feeling they deserved any abuse leveled at them, but you dont make the police officer, police, jury and judge and allow abuse. That will be a slippery slope sure to lead to chaos and a force that is ripe for abuse.

Great post but I don't think tomster was worth you putting so much time into