Neem tree seedlings for free

Rsteeltje

Nice offer...I`ll check with the missus as she is in the process of chopping or get a tree chopped down from very close to our house. It was a nice tree but the roots are undermining the foundations.

Might be having a lunch with John sooner than expected

Cheers wai2.gif

Nice offer.

I'm certainly interested, and it's more than time that I drop by Pun Pun for a nice meal and chat again. smile.png

Hello Nienke,

Do not wait too long since the neem tree needs to make a taproot. With this root it will easily survive droughts.

I also have flowering trees. We collected the seeds from Turkey. I saw the tree in Thailand later. Medium high tree. Problem is I do not know the name and although I have pictures of the flowers and the tree from which we collected the seeds I'm too lazy to find out how to upload them.

I can send the pics by email if anyone is interested.

Thanks

R'tje

Nice offer...I`ll check with the missus as she is in the process of chopping or get a tree chopped down from very close to our house. It was a nice tree but the roots are undermining the foundations.

Cheers wai2.gif

Hello CMKiwi,

Not sure if Neem is fast growing. So if you want to replace a tree and you're in a hurry you might have to look for something else. I have a shea nut tree on the land, 3 years old and already 15cm!!

On the other hands I have trees that can grow 20 meters in 4 years. These are softwood trees and not very nice but if you want to create shade to start of other trees they are a great help.

Cheers

R'tje

Nice offer.

I'm certainly interested, and it's more than time that I drop by Pun Pun for a nice meal and chat again. smile.png

Hello Nienke,

Do not wait too long since the neem tree needs to make a taproot. With this root it will easily survive droughts.

I also have flowering trees. We collected the seeds from Turkey. I saw the tree in Thailand later. Medium high tree. Problem is I do not know the name and although I have pictures of the flowers and the tree from which we collected the seeds I'm too lazy to find out how to upload them.

I can send the pics by email if anyone is interested.

Thanks

R'tje

Got my 2 bags with 3 seedlings, 2 delicious meals and a nice chat at Pun Pun's. :D

As for the unknown flowering tree, I suggest you send a pm to drtreelove. He's the tree expert among us. :)

Thank you! wai2.gif

• Like 1

A great big thank you to Rsteeltje...... Seeing some very nice people again and now only a few seedlings left.

In the category of "too old to teach an old dog new ricks" , I have to say I had never even heard of Neem Trees. Well now I have learned many things about them...... One saying the oil is good as a aching muscle pain reliever .

Again thank you to all

Gonzo

Cheers wai2.gif

Hello CMKiwi,

Not sure if Neem is fast growing. So if you want to replace a tree and you're in a hurry you might have to look for something else. I have a shea nut tree on the land, 3 years old and already 15cm!!

On the other hands I have trees that can grow 20 meters in 4 years. These are softwood trees and not very nice but if you want to create shade to start of other trees they are a great help.

Cheers

R'tje

Hi, I picked up two today that you so generously provided and since I'm a beginning gardener could use some tips for keeping these little guys alive. At this tender age is it OK to plant them out? I've read that they love heat and sun but can they handle that at this stage? All advice most warmly welcomed.

Steve

All the thanks go to Rsteeltje for he is the one providing the treasures... As far as your question goes, I'll give you free of charge what I know..... Three days ago, I didn't even know Neem Trees existed. Today I know it all..... 1 they are bitter to the taste... .. 2 They are supposedly good as liniment for Arthur - itis..... & 3 if you have bugs crawling on you take a bath in the Neem lotion and the bugs won't stick around....

Maybe Rsteeltje can give us the answers ..... He is the real herb man

But thank you for stoping by ...... good chatting with you

G

PS Nienke may also have some input, as she has some knowledge of the neem also. Thank you N , good to see you again too,.

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Cheers wai2.gif

Hello CMKiwi,

Cheers

R'tje

Hi, I picked up two today that you so generously provided and since I'm a beginning gardener could use some tips for keeping these little guys alive. At this tender age is it OK to plant them out? I've read that they love heat and sun but can they handle that at this stage? All advice most warmly welcomed.

Steve

Hello Steve,

Sorry for the delay in answering. Traveling in Vietnam and inspecting organic projects. Apart from some wildflowers I did not collect any seeds this time.

The neem trees should be fine in full sun.

Cheers R'tje

Pond life... Rice machine did you buy one and did it do the Job correctly??. Thinking of buying one and want to know your opinion.. Thanks David

Yes, the rice machine is good, had it a few years & no problems.

If you mostly want brown rice, I recomend the NW500, a friend has it & is also happy.

I tried to send you a personal message, but you seem to have it disabled or something.

Pond life... Rice machine did you buy one and did it do the Job correctly??. Thinking of buying one and want to know your opinion.. Thanks David

Yes, the rice machine is good, had it a few years & no problems.

If you mostly want brown rice, I recomend the NW500, a friend has it & is also happy.

I tried to send you a personal message, but you seem to have it disabled or something.

• 1 month later...

neem soap keep an eye out for it at tell me which chain stocks it. currently in bkk.
its indian in origin so may try pahurat. could be in chiang mai soon so spotting there too thanks. Edited by monkey dog

• 2 weeks later...

purifying-neem-face-wash.jpg

found these http://www.himalayaherbals.com/products/skincare/Neem.htm neem products in pahurat bkk not cheap

this building http://goo.gl/maps/unrqc inside on the center shop row ground floor under the back elevator.

while you are there this shop under the awning http://goo.gl/maps/7pVH1 sells potato patties and potato samoosa. had one of each the samoosa was just average but the potato patty was exquisite. just to the left of the indian emporium

Edited by rabid old goat