Scams

Do They Check that Kids or Woman is in the U.K.. ? Im told Not, they just go on kids passports presented to them., no visual. Reason im asking is on behalf of an Elderly Brit {79} we look too,and is fed up being ignored by his Nation, on his lo pension in favour of scamers. By Euro Standards it disgustingly lo, i must add.

Do They Check that Kids or Woman is in the U.K.. ? Im told Not, they just go on kids passports presented to them., no visual. Reason im asking is on behalf of an Elderly Brit {79} we look too,and is fed up being ignored by his Nation, on his lo pension in favour of scamers. By Euro Standards it disgustingly lo, i must add.

You say a 79 pensioner wants to father a child to enhance his pension?

The guy would be in his late nineties when the son or daughter would be a teenager!

Plus it sounds like all he has income wise is his state pension. How will he support a wife?

Not a hope in hell.

What you are suggesting is fraud.

If he can't get by on the income from the pension he can always choose to return to the UK.

On a grey miserable foggy November day like today I reckon he would not even leave the airport before wishing to return to Thailand.

Or he could join the oldies in some old folks home waiting to die.

Edited by Jay Sata
  • Like 1

I can't see why a 79 year old would want to father a child to claim additional benefits. However I think firstly the wife and child would have to be resident, secondly he would have to meet the means test to bring them to UK. He cannot claim child support, or housing benefit etc if they are not resident, just handing over a passport without proof of residency will not be acceptable.

Dumb idea

Whilst I am not condoning this in any way, just to correct a couple of points.

Assuming he is British otherwise than by descent his child will be British; therefore will not need a visa to live in the UK and so not be included in the financial requirement.

Therefore that will be an income £18,600p.a or immediately accessible savings of £62.500. Savings above £16,000 and income can be combined to reduce the required income.

Also, because the child will be British then the father can claim any and all public funds to which he may be entitled; e.g. child benefit.

But, as said earlier, they need to be resident in the UK, the EEA or certain other countries with which the UK has a reciprocal agreement; Thailand isn't one of those.

See Claiming benefits if you live, move or travel abroad

Why is his wife and family not looking afrer him?, Thats what families are for, It is not as easy as people believe, he would have to get a settlement visa for them for a start, and be in the uk, and even then she would not be entitled to anything.

Unless I'm misunderstanding this topic, this has to be the most disgusting thread I've seen on TV. What an utterly selfish man this must be.

It's bad enough that the masses mindlessly squirt babies out into this world without much consideration other than "I want, I want" but this guy is far, far worse. To think he - or anyone else supposedly looking out for his interests - are seriously considering bringing another human being into this world just so an old man who's lived a lifetime already can sponge off the state for a few more years....

Apologies if I have misunderstood, otherwise I hope karma gives him his just deserts.

You try getting a British Passport for your child if born in Thailand to a partner rather than a wife in the year 2005

Absolute nightmare that even my MP in the UK wasn't able to assist with in the end. Even when former partner wanted to pay 50,000 Baht "fee" to one of these "agents" to faciltate it was not going to happen. Unbelievably (for once) the Agent wouldnt even take the fee which says everything

Edited by Chivas

You try getting a British Passport for your child if born in Thailand to a partner rather than a wife in the year 2005

Absolute nightmare that even my MP in the UK wasn't able to assist with in the end. Even when former partner wanted to pay 50,000 Baht "fee" to one of these "agents" to faciltate it was not going to happen. Unbelievably (for once) the Agent wouldnt even take the fee which says everything

I understand you are Thai with a child fathered by a British passport holder.

If you still have his details it is possible to register his birth and get a British passport.

However that will not get you a visa to move to the UK.

You say former partner.

That reduces your chances.

I understand you are Thai with a child fathered by a British passport holder.

If you still have his details it is possible to register his birth and get a British passport.

However that will not get you a visa to move to the UK.

You say former partner.

That reduces your chances.

No I'm a Brit Male who had a Thai female partner..........

Did you register the birth in Thailand?

It appears you had a Thai partner.

Not a big problem to DNA establish your paternity.

Please explain more.

DNA may well prove paternity but doesn't guarantee a British Passport unfortunately. Birth registered as normal yes. Its a fallacy that most people believe the child is given British nationality

Did you register the birth in Thailand?

It appears you had a Thai partner.

Not a big problem to DNA establish your paternity.

Please explain more.

DNA may well prove paternity but doesn't guarantee a British Passport unfortunately. Birth registered as normal yes. Its a fallacy that most people believe the child is given British nationality

Well we need the full information to help you.

There are enough amateur experts on here to give the the bottom line.

Was a reason given for refusing registration as British? Registration is currently discretionary, but this will change if Section 65 of the Immigration Act 2014 (see, the act wasn't all evil) comes into force - see UKVI notes on Section 65 or consult the primary legislation.

No, the Old Chaps Thai Wife is dead, Its about a Brit he recons is claiming for 3 Kids by 2 Women, not Wives. His annoyance is the dishing out of money for scroungers, and he cant even claim a Cooling Allowance here.Apparently OAPs can claim heating money. I do find Brit rules rather strange also. Ill print out your replies for Him. Thanks.

Was a reason given for refusing registration as British? Registration is currently discretionary, but this will change if Section 65 of the Immigration Act 2014 (see, the act wasn't all evil) comes into force - see UKVI notes on Section 65 or consult the primary legislation.

We couldn't prove that we had been "together" for some period of time. We genuinely had been but my hate of photographs left us with nothing together. Plenty of her and the baby but not us all together.

So it was assumed that I had given her "one shot" to make her pregnant for her own reasons. As it turned out one shot was all that was needed !!

Edited by Chivas

To those who seem confused by Chivas' situation;

Prior to 1st July 2006, British fathers could only pass their nationality on to their children born outside the UK or a qualifying territory if they were married to the mother at the time of the birth.

If the parents were not married when the child was born, but then got married, the marriage might legitimate the child’s birth. If it does, the child would become a British citizen (and would be regarded as having been one from birth) if the father was a British citizen (or settled) when the child was born. Children of a void marriage may also, in some circumstances, be treated as legitimate.

It may also be possible to register the child as British even if the parents don't marry.

But British citizenship for the child is neither automatic nor guaranteed.

Since 1st July 2006 British fathers can pass their British citizenship onto their children born outside the UK or a qualifying territory regardless of whether they were married to the other parent or not; just as British mothers always could, and still can.

Of course, if the British parent is only British by descent, then the children would not be British unless they were born in the UK or a qualifying territory.

That's the simple version of what is a complex set of rules and regulations which have changed over time; a lot depends on when the child was born as well as where.

See BN4 - BRITISH CITIZENSHIP - CHILDREN BORN OUTSIDE THE UNITED KINGDOM SINCE 1 JANUARY 1983 for more.

Edited by 7by7

That is incredibly helpful and suggests that a DNA test will now be sufficient without any reference to anything else ??

To those who seem confused by Chivas' situation;

Prior to 1st July 2006, British fathers could only pass their nationality on to their children born outside the UK or a qualifying territory if they were married to the mother at the time of the birth.

If the parents were not married when the child was born, but then got married, the marriage might legitimate the child’s birth. If it does, the child would become a British citizen (and would be regarded as having been one from birth) if the father was a British citizen (or settled) when the child was born. Children of a void marriage may also, in some circumstances, be treated as legitimate.

It may also be possible to register the child as British even if the parents don't marry.

But British citizenship for the child is neither automatic nor guaranteed.

Since 1st July 2006 British fathers can pass their British citizenship onto their children born outside the UK or a qualifying territory in the same way as British mothers always could, and still can.

Of course, if the British parent is only British by descent, then the children would not be British unless they were born in the UK or a qualifying territory.

That's the simple version of what is a complex set of rules and regulations which have changed over time; a lot depends on when the child was born as well as where.

See BN4 - BRITISH CITIZENSHIP - CHILDREN BORN OUTSIDE THE UNITED KINGDOM SINCE 1 JANUARY 1983 for more.

Thank you for that. After years of battling its get hard to repeat the rules however that change in May/September this year may have opened an avenue on this

No, the Old Chaps Thai Wife is dead, Its about a Brit he recons is claiming for 3 Kids by 2 Women, not Wives. His annoyance is the dishing out of money for scroungers, and he cant even claim a Cooling Allowance here.Apparently OAPs can claim heating money. I do find Brit rules rather strange also. Ill print out your replies for Him. Thanks.

So he thinks someone else is committing benefit fraud and wants to have a child with a Thai woman so he can have a go at it himself?

Better, IMHO, that he report the fraudster to the proper authorities in the UK.

Report benefit fraud

<snip>

After years of battling its get hard to repeat the rules however that change in May/September this year may have opened an avenue on this

Indeed, but note the guide says

Section 65 has not yet been commenced. The 2014 Act is being implemented in phases to ensure the provisions are brought into force in an orderly and effective manner. We have not yet set a commencement date for Section 65 but will do so as soon as possible.

Once commencement details have been finalised they will be published on this page.

So bookmark RichardW's link and check back regularly.

Hopefully it wont be too long.

Edit; reading the guide itself, it seems that as long as you are named on the child's birth certificate as the father that no further evidence, such as DNA tests, is necessary.

Paternity can be proved by:

a. the person being named as the father on a birth certificate issued within one

year of a child’s birth

b. other evidence that shows that a man is the natural father. This can include

- DNA test reports

- Court orders

- Other evidence that shows paternity

Edited by 7by7

<snip>

After years of battling its get hard to repeat the rules however that change in May/September this year may have opened an avenue on this

Indeed, but note the guide says

Section 65 has not yet been commenced. The 2014 Act is being implemented in phases to ensure the provisions are brought into force in an orderly and effective manner. We have not yet set a commencement date for Section 65 but will do so as soon as possible.

Once commencement details have been finalised they will be published on this page.

So bookmark RichardW's link and check back regularly.

Hopefully it wont be too long.

Edit; reading the guide itself, it seems that as long as you are named on the child's birth certificate as the father that no further evidence, such as DNA tests, is necessary.

Paternity can be proved by:

a. the person being named as the father on a birth certificate issued within one

year of a child’s birth

b. other evidence that shows that a man is the natural father. This can include

- DNA test reports

- Court orders

- Other evidence that shows paternity

Thanks indeed for that duly bookmarked.....