Cherries Restaurant,

After constant nagging from my mates we finally tried this restaurant last night, I've had a week of "its better than Bruno's and Mata Hari but really cheap" and was a bit put off by this to be honest so i did'nt think it would be that good BUT-

Went there as said and i have to say i was very very surprised, Restaurant is not really anything to look at but the food was out of this world.

Its cooked (apparently) by one of the ex Bruno's chefs and i can believe this.

The menu is certainley as impressive as Bruno's and Mata Hari and i had shrimp, crab and avacado timbale and herb crusted lamb for main.. Excellent, the others had various dishes ranging from fillet steak (which looked beautiful) to thai food which also went down well.

After desserts the bill was 3600bht for EIGHT people.

Very highly recommended :o

Edited by davethailand

After constant nagging from my mates we finally tried this restaurant last night, I've had a week of "its better than Bruno's and Mata Hari but really cheap" and was a bit put off by this to be honest so i did'nt think it would be that good BUT-

Went there as said and i have to say i was very very surprised, Restaurant is not really anything to look at but the food was out of this world.

The menu is certainley as impressive as Bruno's and Mata Hari and i had shrimp, crab and avacado timbale and herb crusted lamb for main.. Excellent, the others had various dishes ranging from fillet steak (which looked beautiful) to thai food which also went down well.

Will try it this weekend.

Cheers

Will try it this weekend.

Cheers

It was very goood.

• 1 year later...

I ate there a couple of weeks ago and had the Cheese soup and the Traditional Ceaser Salad as the main course. Both were very good. Friend had the duck and said it excellent. Planning on going there again this weekend

john

Thanks for that guys. I am trying to compile a list of restaurants for my parent's visit next month. Father allergic to seafood so I don't think we will be eating much Thai - even the non-fish dishes usaully have naam plaa and oyster sauce in.

Haven't come up with anything other than the usual suspects so far. Anyone got any tips on lesser known good restaurants in Pattaya?

Usually these days if I want English food I stay at home and cook it myself, been to too many terrible 'Western' restaurants. When we go out for food now it is normally Thai.

Will certainly check out Cherries.