That Burning Ring of Fire ...

David48

David,

Apart from eating fat with the chilli you can eat a teaspoon or more of raw sugar after the hot meal. That will have the combined effect of taking the heat out of the mouth and prevent the burning ring. Also bananas - eat, not insert, as the sugar in them will also help.

I'll give that banana idea a whirl ... thumbsup.gif

If you whirl, and don't push back, according to ND that's ok

• Like 2

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

laugh.png ... I should have known ... facepalm.gif

better to start such sensitive topics in the pub...than you don't have to wait till post #2...

It's a Sunday afternoon ... we are getting beaten in the Cricket ... it is a genuine issue for me.

The guys replying are mates (who I'm yet to meet) ... though, by reading their posts ... that may not be apparent ... w00t.gif

But, I would like some relief because it does, sometimes, bring a tear to the eye.

I think if you had inserted a TGAU it would bring a tear to your eye.

P?S what Cricket? I must watch it

Oz verses South Africa.

Tiger Balm around the burning ring for double the pleasure laugh.png

Apart from that take loperamide if it is diarrhea, it is better better than spurting hot lava from your volcano.

Ah yes some tiger Balm around the ring.

Would it help also to massage his prostate gland?

I only want the best for our David thumbsup.gif

Are you suggesting this service, or offering?

• Like 2

May I clarify ... the 'burning sensation' came from what I swallowed ingested the day/night before.

While I'm sure of the various merits of the TGAU, I think that it's not a solution to my issue.

EDIT ... clumsy turn of phrase.

Edited by David48

How about - carefully inserted popsicles?

That should put out the fire......PM Gayllips for guidance I'm guessing.....

Gayllips probably has lots of advice for David on this, although might be a little tied up at present?

How about - carefully inserted popsicles?

That should put out the fire......PM Gayllips for guidance I'm guessing.....

I was hoping for a less radical solution.

Prevention ... rather then cure.

But you do raise a thing I like about Thailand.

Those ice popsicles that you can buy for 4, 5, 6 baht at the Markets ... love them ... licklips.gif

Where's JT when you need him ... he's a foodie, experienced in Thailand.

Someone go tap him on the shoulder!

Edited by David48

laugh.png ... I should have known ... facepalm.gif

better to start such sensitive topics in the pub...than you don't have to wait till post #2...

It's a Sunday afternoon ... we are getting beaten in the Cricket ... it is a genuine issue for me.

The guys replying are mates (who I'm yet to meet) ... though, by reading their posts ... that may not be apparent ... w00t.gif

But, I would like some relief because it does, sometimes, bring a tear to the eye.

may i ask:WHAT IS CRICKET???

Apart from that take loperamide if it is diarrhea, it is better better than spurting hot lava from your volcano.

Are you suggesting this service, or offering?

Are you willing to accept my services or just asking?

It's a stupid game invented by the British to bore other people around.

• Like 1

It's a stupid game invented by the British to bore other people around.

...and bring Bermuda to a total deadlock for three days.

DAVID!!! Somehow you brought out every smart axe on this forum. Were you born with this talent?

David, Capsaicin in the pepper is the hot part and it's an oil. Drinking water makes it worse by moving it around. You want to encapsulate it in fat.

Full fat yogurt, buttermilk, even whole milk will mix with it and dilute it. Full fat yogurt works best for me and I eat it right away to coat my digestive system and dilute and absorb the Capsaicin.

Good luck.

• Like 2

A tablespoon of cement powder before each meal works fine.

Actually David, I get clogged up when I return to Thailand after being in the West (believe it or not). Try eating a little sticky-rice.

We aren't Isaan folk.

Only tend to eat Sticky Rise then we buy from the Vendor with Pork.

'Clogged up' ... need more veges.

Increase your chilli intake slowly. You could let your wife/mil make you a batch of chilli powder to take back with you (self made is best and i'm sure they would like to do it for you), then a month or so before coming to Thailand you could start your "training" and arrive well prepared.

Thank you ... at least one sensible comment.

Note to self ... before posting, check the board to see who is awake ... w00t.gif

But Gents, God gave me broad shoulders and a thick hide (though, apparently when it counts sometimes) ... takes yours bestest shots!

A thick hide, huh? I bet that would take some spanking or a good tan of the hide. Maybe Ms Gaylips likes to tan a good thick hide, that could add some more heat to the situation.

• Like 1

Just had a brainwave, ToddWeston should invent the anti chilli burn mouth/bum spray.

Simple David, I just ask nicely if I can have little to no chilli in the food. Those little Thai mouse poo chillis are really hot both ends.

David,

Apart from eating fat with the chilli you can eat a teaspoon or more of raw sugar after the hot meal. That will have the combined effect of taking the heat out of the mouth and prevent the burning ring. Also bananas - eat, not insert, as the sugar in them will also help.

I'll give that banana idea a whirl ... thumbsup.gif

Peel it first!!! And may i suggest some vaseline.

• Like 1

Talk of dairy products and look who turns up.

Costas getting some practice in

calgary.sun.rodeo.jpg

Actually my other half likes to eat a bowl of chilli with some food sprinkled on it and she suffers in the morning. When I remind her of this as she tucks in, she says it is the price she must pay. On a serious note David, I feel it's the 6 on and 6 off that does it so take a sack of chilli back with you and carry on. The ring of fire might be pleasant in sub zero temperatures!!

Try charcoal tabs.

Nooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!

This was recommended to me first time I came here. I had a bout of diaoreaha and did it in my sleep to wake up to black stinking sheets.

Tried to clean it in the shower but the black wouldn't comne out but the actual poop had.