True online 799

nellyp

Any body have this? My misses has just signed us up. Apparently we get the free True channels (wow) she gets unjlimited mobile data (don't believe it) and The internet is 32mbs download, and 3mb upload. I have researched it on the net but it is all in Thai (can't read it).

I am hoping some body can confirm the figures my wife has told me, and let me know if this works with a line fed into the house, rather than some dodgy to air service.

Any help appreciated

Yes I have this and it's very good, The True Visions free channels are 90% Thai so good for the wife. But I believe this promotion is only for 1 year, then it reverts to the normal price which is about 2500 per month. They will hopefully have another promotion by then.

Edited by elfpattaya

Fiber on poles in front of the house and then copper coax into the house. If your house is prewired, True will go into the attic, put on a splitter, and route the internet to your computer location and the TV to your TV location. If not pre-wired, they will do it through the wall where you request it.

The router DOCSIS 3.0 Cisco ECP3025 modem/wireless router works very well for me (PC ethernet connected, tablet wireless). They also provide the cable box with remote.

As I remember the package, yes, it is 30/3 down/up and 105 channels of TV, BUT mobile data has a fixed max value per month. I seem to recall it worked out to maybe 2 hr/day? But do not rely on that as I do not use it, so I do not remember what it was. I do know it was shown on the brochure as a limited amount per month. But I can not longer find the brochure.

RE elfpattaya's response: my contract has no clause saying this is a one year special offer, but that does necessarily mean anthing.

Just translated this from their terms and conditions.

Terms privilege "True happiness by three up speed is 30 / 3Mbps.".

Customers will receive services from True Internet Co., Ltd. ("True Internet") by downloading speed. And upload a global view And the right to watch the True Visions Group Limited ("CATV"), the customer agrees to subscribe to True Visions and obtain cellular service, True Move H from Real Move Company Limited (. "Real Move") in the promotion. Real Move or package set.
This package is available only in the area of fiber cable Internet provider who can download and upload speeds from 30Mbps / 3Mbps onwards.
New customers and existing customers The right to download and upload speeds as well as 30Mbps / 3Mbps a period of 12 months in one package or packages in the table given above. And from 13 months onwards is fine as usual package download and upload speeds in the original package Size S returns to the original speed of 12 / 1.2Mbps. And Case Package Size L will return to its original speed. the 18 / 1.8Mbps.

Just translated this from their terms and conditions.

Terms privilege "True happiness by three up speed is 30 / 3Mbps.".

Customers will receive services from True Internet Co., Ltd. ("True Internet") by downloading speed. And upload a global view And the right to watch the True Visions Group Limited ("CATV"), the customer agrees to subscribe to True Visions and obtain cellular service, True Move H from Real Move Company Limited (. "Real Move") in the promotion. Real Move or package set.

This package is available only in the area of fiber cable Internet provider who can download and upload speeds from 30Mbps / 3Mbps onwards.

New customers and existing customers The right to download and upload speeds as well as 30Mbps / 3Mbps a period of 12 months in one package or packages in the table given above. And from 13 months onwards is fine as usual package download and upload speeds in the original package Size S returns to the original speed of 12 / 1.2Mbps. And Case Package Size L will return to its original speed. the 18 / 1.8Mbps.

does this mean that the internet is run through fibre? I live in a village in Uttaradit town and I'm surprised that fibre is available here. the box is outside my house on a pole. Also as I had no package before this one, how can it revert to anything?

Thanks

Fiber on poles in front of the house and then copper coax into the house. If your house is prewired, True will go into the attic, put on a splitter, and route the internet to your computer location and the TV to your TV location. If not pre-wired, they will do it through the wall where you request it.

The router DOCSIS 3.0 Cisco ECP3025 modem/wireless router works very well for me (PC ethernet connected, tablet wireless). They also provide the cable box with remote.

As I remember the package, yes, it is 30/3 down/up and 105 channels of TV, BUT mobile data has a fixed max value per month. I seem to recall it worked out to maybe 2 hr/day? But do not rely on that as I do not use it, so I do not remember what it was. I do know it was shown on the brochure as a limited amount per month. But I can not longer find the brochure.

RE elfpattaya's response: my contract has no clause saying this is a one year special offer, but that does necessarily mean anthing.

Do uoy know if it is possible to upgrade the package? I would so love to have the supersport package (999baht according to the brochure) but I can't see if I can upgrade at all.

Thanks for the info mate

Mine is run on CO-AX from a pole outside so you should be OK. I used to have 15Mbps down and 1.5 Mbps up. But when I check now on the True Iservice I have 12Mbdown and 1MB up, so I will presumably revert to that when the contract ends. I believe the minimum contract for all these services is 1 year, so after it finishes you will be able to change.

Anyway as noise says the contract doesn't necessarily mean anything.

You should be able to get the upgrade to Supersport package. Telephone them on 1686, I found them very helpful, although the wife did most of the talking.

I found it be very good for all 3 services, the True Move H is 100 minutes free calls, 500MB 3G and unlimited WiFi on .@truemoveH

They connected my true online today. Downloading at .75 Mbs is ridiculously slow. My 3BB (which I can still use (is running at 2.75.

Do you think the problem could be with my computer or the router? Alternatively, am I stuck with this rubbish for a year?

Very disappointed, I though distance from the main supply wouldn't matter with fiiber.

Any ideas fellas?

Telephone them on 1686, I'm getting about 35 Mbs download and 3Mbs up. Why did you not get them to do a Speedtest before they left.

Unfortunately I was working and came home to this. My misses is going to call the guys who installed it direct, but i will get her to call the number too. I have noticed that i should have HD TV on a few channels, but they look SD to me. Do you need a HD box (I had one when on satellite)? Or are the boxes the same as it is all cable?

Not a happy chappy at the moment, especially as I want to stream the rugby on satueday

This link looks like it's the promo the OP is talking about above:

http://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/product-service/product-sook/entry/2525

And a similar one just for internet only:

http://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/new-customer/new-customer-promotion-promotion/entry/2338

I'm not sure exactly what True is talking about re fiber internet, since in Bangkok at least, their fiber internet reach is extremely narrow and small, only available in a very few isolated areas, AFAIK.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I have got this same package, and the engineer said he would upgrade it to 50G d/l which does still show 2 months later on speedtest... but I have been told that speedtest is a lie and you have to use http://testmy.net/ which shows 1.4 mbps DL!

also, I dont get any 3G data on my mobile, I just get 199 minutes of fee calls - i'd prefer the data

nickmanchester 2, you are right about the speedtest being a bit of a lie, but inside Thailand I get what is advertised, Internationally it's a different story, can vary considerably between 2Mbs D/L and 20 Mbs.

Allegedly you need a 3Mbs steady D/L for International Streaming ????,

I watch BBC iPlayer with very little problems, (using Zenmate or Hola unblocker) and watched the rugby last week (Wales v Fiji) with very little buffering, it seems to work better in the morning, maybe less users??

I get everything as advertised with Truemove H 100 mins free calls 500Gb 3G and unlimited WiFi, but these have to be set up, the local shop set up the 3G, but I set up the WiFi using *871*4#call where they will SMS you a password, your user ID being your phone number.

Truevisions enjoy pack is very limited with about 3HD channels, see here. http://truevisionsgroup.truecorp.co.th/channellineup_web/12

The box I have has HD written in the bottom right hand corner,

I admit I had teething problems for about the first week but now everything works fine (touch wood TIT) and getting everything as promised. Keep bothering them on 1686, I talked to the after sales people.

Good Luck.

Yes that is the promotion I have. I tested my speed on the Cnet internet speed test at .4Mbps last night (even lower), but this morning it was up to 2Mbps

My my box doesn't say HD anywhere on it (though it does say HDMI) and the HD channels look SD to me (could be my bias though) Is it HD or HDMI in the bottom right hand corner and does it require a HD box to play the DH channels, or are all boxes now capable of playing HD?

elfpattaya, the wifi only says 10 minutes on the promotion. Have you used it for longer in a month since you have had it? I am alos interested in where you can connect to it. Can you connect anywhere that you see a free wifi zonew only (as it is already free), or can you connect in other places (if so where is that)?

I am asking a lot of questions, but I do not want to be lumbered with a package that is not what I want for a year. My 3BB connection runs at least as fast (downloads torrents much faster) and last night the speed test was 4 x faster, though it is 200baht more per month.

Cheers

WiFi on Truemove H is unlimited but you need to get a password. Look for .@Truemove H when you scan your WiFi, normally found in shopping centres.

My Truevisions box is small and it says HD in the bottom right hand corner.

I am getting the 30mbs as promised and paying 799Baht+Tax, which is 854.93.

Have you got 2 routers connected 3BB and True?????. Have you got the LAN cable connected to your computer????

Have you contacted 1686 I believe they are open everyday from 8.30 till about 10pm. Get the wife to have a go at them, although there is an English option, quote the 10 figure number that they wrote on you router.

I wouldn't pay them till they delivered what they promised.

Good Luck
Edited by elfpattaya