Thailand welcomes all investors

webfact

Yes, come in, we welcome everyone.

We will keep 51% of your business, but welcome one and all..!!

I'm all for a little bashing on this one.

But if you can't find an astute Thai business man who is willing to invest 51% to get that ownership, you're either not looking hard enough or you have a crappy business plan.

One of the Thai guys who works with me just built his 5th hotel in one of the major tourist islands. All profitable. Started by buying a tiny patch of land and now he's got a financial empire. He works it part time on the days he's not offshore working for us.

I'd love for him to own 51% of anything I'd do here. Because 49% of something is better than 100% of griping and moaning.

Hey mate,

Congratulations for making the most stupid statement ever on TVF..

Any random thai will love to get the 51 % of your hotel mate.It never a problem finding such a person.They get it free and control whatever the business is that u invested in .land ,company what ever..And if you happy with your 49% of completely nothing then good luck to you...

• Like 1

Dutch investments in Thailand are absolutely NOT rising. Dutch chambers of commerce strongly warn potential advisors about corruption and frequent changing laws in Thailand. Of a group of potential Dutch investors I spoke to last year only two were enthousiastic about possiblities. After inquiring about them I found out they had been active in the Amsterdam entertainment business. Read: red lights zone, that is gradually being deminuished by Dutch authorities. All others in the group backed off from Thailand and Myanmar.

Of course I do not have oversight over Thai economy, as I am a modest investor but I decided a few years ago I will not expand my business in Thailand. Staff are great and loyal, have better work ethics than my staff in Holland. Economic authorities in general are rotten to the bone. All their energy, smiles and cocktail parties are produced with one goal: getting more money or "services". It's sickening to see decent friendly and good working people being exploited by rotten authorities.

How great the opportunities for a country like Thailand would be if it would be run like many other countries. There will always be rotten apples in all countries. But overhere they are concentrated in many key positions. Especially the ones in the highest levels seem to be untouchable. Be it the red bull cop killer or the negligent ex-pm, they can do their tricks and walk away. How does the present big guy think he can get more and more foreign investments? Does he think those investors are as ignorant as the millions of voters that will fall for the same old promises over and over again? He is wrong.

• Like 1

Hey mate,

Any random thai will love to get the 51 % of your hotel mate.It never a problem finding such a person.They get it free and control whatever the business is that u invested in .land ,company what ever..And if you happy with your 49% of completely nothing then good luck to you...

Get off your barstool much?

Hey mate,

Probably when he needs to pee thumbsup.gif

Yes, come in, we welcome everyone.

We will keep 51% of your business, but welcome one and all..!!

The first step in investing in Thailand: Buy a 40 gallon drum of lubricant.w00t.gif

I think that is also the last step of investing in Thailand. On your way out prior to having been Shafted! crazy.gif

On another note, No country is investor friendly when the investor doesn't own the majority stake in a company. This will hold Thailand back in the long run When investors realize neighbouring countries are more investor friendly. IMO

• Like 2

Refreshing. Most posts clearly spell out "How things are". I hope, not too many small/medium sized investors dwelling somewhere in the sticks (with very close ties to the "Family" of course) read this thread. Upon understanding, half of them will probably go into cardiac-arrest. 300 KM's away from the nearest Hospital that deserves this name. Oh boy..........

Cheers.

i lost all interest in starting a business here after a good friend of mine migrated his successful business across country and following a *** office review a document was found to be "missing" but this could be "overlooked" for a fee of xxx,xxx baht or his company would be dragged through the courts (for years)

he runs a tight ship and we have no doubts he was well and truely extorted.

we've since been told it's a common scam at this office

seriously, <deleted> these guys

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hey mate,

Its just that you seem to like the 49% versus 51% regulations and i am saying its a scam 1000 x worse then what the jet ski maffia is getting away with here..I mean yes it is not nice if you need to pay 50,000 BHT for a jet ski that was never damaged but then how about all these farangs here who have been squeezed out of their houses,land cars hotels,bars etc etc..I think everyone here has couple of foreigner friends in Thailand who have lost those items cause of this scam.But you happy to register 51% of your company in to good thai friend his name well i not stopping you...:) You probably a smart investor...

What the big deal anyway for stopping a foreigners for buying 1-2 rais of land here?

Dutch investments in Thailand are absolutely NOT rising. Dutch chambers of commerce strongly warn potential advisors about corruption and frequent changing laws in Thailand. Of a group of potential Dutch investors I spoke to last year only two were enthousiastic about possiblities. After inquiring about them I found out they had been active in the Amsterdam entertainment business. Read: red lights zone, that is gradually being deminuished by Dutch authorities. All others in the group backed off from Thailand and Myanmar.

Of course I do not have oversight over Thai economy, as I am a modest investor but I decided a few years ago I will not expand my business in Thailand. Staff are great and loyal, have better work ethics than my staff in Holland. Economic authorities in general are rotten to the bone. All their energy, smiles and cocktail parties are produced with one goal: getting more money or "services". It's sickening to see decent friendly and good working people being exploited by rotten authorities.

How great the opportunities for a country like Thailand would be if it would be run like many other countries. There will always be rotten apples in all countries. But overhere they are concentrated in many key positions. Especially the ones in the highest levels seem to be untouchable. Be it the red bull cop killer or the negligent ex-pm, they can do their tricks and walk away. How does the present big guy think he can get more and more foreign investments? Does he think those investors are as ignorant as the millions of voters that will fall for the same old promises over and over again? He is wrong.

Rotten apples concentrated in many key positions is precisely the outcome of corruption. If you have to pay for your promotion in a society where corruption is prevalent and on the whole accepted through ignorance, then those most able to pay will be those who are the most corrupt. So it is easy to see why all the bad apples bob to the surface. And they are certainly not foreigner friendly bad apples either but racial rapists.

Thailand is a graveyard for foreign investment and nothing has changed.

Of course everyone knows Thailand really welcomes investors money,........ investors,.......... not so much. So no real

news here. I doubt anyone who scratches the surface with some due diligence would think anything else. whistling.gif

Investors from all over the world, listen! Free flights to Thailand using our "Fly and Drop" campaign! After landing, please throw all your to be invested money and valuables onto the runway, utilizing one of the main exits, take a selfie with our beautiful airport as backdrop and then return to your seats for your flight back home. Our campaign will save you all the wasted time, disappointment and hardship a standard 49% foreign / 51% Thai partnership will certainly bring! Rest assured that we will invest your money wisely in of our countless "Thailand to the Thais" campaigns. Thank you very much for your cooperation!

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 1

investors, give away 51% of your money from day 1

even more difficult to get it out of the country

still gives you 0 right to buy land in your name, that is for your teerak

so investors are like loan givers, thai people see a loan from a farang as a gift, never to be repaid

• Like 1