Replacement Ink Cartridges For HP 5525 Printer .Where to Buy ?

sub101uk

I wonder if any one knows were I can buy in Bangkok replacement original Ink Cartridges for my Thai HP 5525 Printer/Scanner . When I was back in the UK I bought a full replacement set thinking that all I had to do was just swop over the chips on the Thai Cartridges and place them on the UK cartriges however I still get on the Screen " incompatible ink cartridge " I checked it out on the web and it seems you have to contact HP and get the Cartridges Re - registered , I thought all you had to do was to use a knife and lift off the chips and put them on the replacement original cartridge .

By now your thinking the same as me all this just to print out a few documents , So when I am up in Bangkok next does any one know of a good place that may stock replacement HP Cartridges since I need to buy spares there are 4 of them .

Cartridge is a 685 CYAN

: : Magenta

: : Yellow

: : Black

The only place that comes to mind is Pantip Plaza unless any any body has any better ideas .

IT City, the large shop on the top floor of Pantip usually carry a wide range of (hopefully) genuine cartridges. Otherwise there should be a contact number on the Thai HP site to ask for advice. Have you tried any of the shops that sell generic cartridges as they almost certainly will know how to get around any registration problems...

If you're only printing documents have you considered buying a mono-laser printer? You can buy a simple Brother mono laser printer for around 2000 baht that includes a starter toner cartridge that will still allow you to print hundreds of pages. Mine lasted me a couple of years (low level printing) and replacement toner filled at a small shop recently was 400 baht, works fine. For the rarely needed color copy, 10 baht a page down the street. If you don't need to print your own photos then a mono-laser might be a better idea than replacing ink cartridges or installing those set-ups people who do a lot of printing end up installing to cut down on costs. I got tired of replacing ink when half the ink seemed to go in ink jet cleaning cycles. Getting a mono laser was one of the best IT buys I've made in a long while. I even bought a small Samsung wireless one for back home, stored away, laser means no ink problems, $50, so cheap now and they are not junk, great for anyone who needs only an occasional printer.

Hi Kkerry

Thanks for the reply yes I know were you mean in Pantip its right on the top floor its got its own set of escalators , Its funny I only bought this printer last year from Advice after I could no longer get cartridges for my old printer it this is why I know about the shop on the top floor , In the end I bought a new printer and now having the same problems .But looks like a trip round Pantip when I get back in .

But its a pain buying original cartridges from the UK and not been able to use them .

Thanks again .

Thanks KK I will have a look see its funny because the replacements from the UK came from Tescos as well but we have a nice new Tescos in Songkhla so will have a look there .I did ask Advice to order me some since they sold me the printer but they just phoned and told me that they do not have yellow so looks like Tescos then Hat Yai and check there .

Yes I dont like walking round Pantip at the best of times so would be nice to find some local .

Cheers

Thanks Ezzra I am sure I should be able to pick some replace 685 cartridges as the printer is current but people dont like to stock items they tend to order things in like Advice , But I did try ordering on the HP web site and was told all 4 were out of stock but in this heat the ink does not last long and have been thinking of putting the cartridges in the fridge .

But its a real pain I bought a full set and a large extra black cartridge but unable to use them because these items are Zoned and the only way to get them to work is to contacted HP and they reset your printer to work on out of Zone cartridges .Please note these are genuine HP cartridges bought from HP in England .I did try changing over the chips but its the same so I will see what Advice comes up with and then try Tescos .

Thanks again .

Surprising that anyone would use original inkjet carts in Thailand, given the ubiquitous ink tank installers and refilling services everywhere.

Also surprising that anyone would buy a printer from a manufacturer that has such restrictive practices as zoned cartridges.

Thanks Rayfork

I think I will try Advice again then the local Tescos then Hat Yai then it will be Bangkok I sure I should be able to pick them up there but this is why I bought a full set from the UK plus a extra large black but cant use them in Asia .