Saw this on Samui today

15,000 Bt can be an old price. Recently there were schools quoting under 20,000 or more often 25,000.

With changes in regulations the price likely will increase again.

Edited by paz

I mean can they really get you a "five year stay" ED visa without visa run as stated on the sign (no matter what the actual cost)?

That was possible before the new regulation last september. Now need to go get a new visa every year.

I mean can they really get you a "five year stay" ED visa without visa run as stated on the sign (no matter what the actual cost)?

What it means is that they could offer a 5 year course of study that would qualify you to get ED visas and extensions of stay for attending a school for that long. It is misleading to say the least.

In the past you could of stayed in the country for that long without leaving unless you wanted to. But now you have to go out every year for a new ED visa.

According to my school on phangan after your first ED visa you have to apply for a new ED visa outside of thailand every 3 months. They say no more extensions on samui after the first year or is this problem solved already.

That was possible before the new regulation last september. Now need to go get a new visa every year.

Thanks for clearing that up!

That sign is old and is in the process of being changed. As already has been stated before last September this was possible. Now an Ed visa on Samui can let you stay, without leaving country for max of 1 year. At which point you must leave the country and apply for a NEW ed visa.

So technically 5 year stay is still possible, but you must leave the country each year and get a new visa.

Also the 15,000 B course is an old price, but we still do offer courses for that price. 30 hours, 48 hours + other classes all cost less than 15.