Koh Tao investigators have until Nov 24 to explain themselves: NHRC

webfact

The BIB won't bother to meet the deadline and then what, another of the infamous ' deadline extensions ' then another and ... ?

I'm sure the junta won't order the National Police Chief to ensure compliance since the PM personally backed the investigators to the hilt.

I would imagine it would go to the next stage, they will petition the criminal courts to start proceedings against the police involved.

They won't be able to ignore that.

Silence is basically an admission of guilt. The NHRC have no other choice to accept the reason for not coming in to answer the questions as exactly that..... guilt.

But I believe they can also take this to the UN human rights commission as well. (Which is what they should have done in the first place as soon as the police refused the first time.)

It should surprise me that people from the UK come out with such unmitigated piffle.

The british system of Justice, lauded by human rights advocates for centuries and copied by countries globally, and you basically decide that the right to remain silent is an admission of guilt. Priceless! You're an irredeemable buffoon.

Then again you are probably one of the many fascist deadheads the Uk is so expert in churning out, that your total inability to understand a basic tenet of law comes with the territory.

A little Englander arrives in Thailand, shacks up with some cheap tart, buys a cheap house and spouts like Lord Haw Haw in his new chosen land.

The police are corrupt, the people are corrupt, in fact all of Thailand is a F@#$ Up in your warped little world. Blighty though..well say no more it's that perfect that's why you left.

Do us a favour, if it's so bad bugger off back

Edited by makkam
  • Like 2

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NHRC

sort of like a dog without any teeth,, ill lick you to death if you dont come to me

in regards to the next meeting,,

is this plan b, c, or xyz

I also keep threatning the kids, if you dont put that phone down while im talking,, ill talk to your mother about you,,

and she'll do nothing

One dog may have big dogs as friends and some have teeth.

As for mothers. Mine would call me to the dinner table and if I was late, the food was put away and I went to bed hungry.

It is a good thing that human rights groups from outside of Thailand are keeping the spotlight on this case. The world is waiting and watching to see how far officials will push this frame-up of the two innocent Burmese boys. Meanwhile, no effort is being made to identify and catch the actual people that did commit that horrific crime.

https://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-the-united-kingdom-independently-investigate-the-horrific-murders-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller/u/8753291?tk=2nNgPK60w-Ddf7bWzfK-32Cuf5wDVOpgpoxkye0KC68&utm_source=petition_update&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=petition_update_email

um, hurro. i believe everyone knows who did it... but you. the person who wore the condom wouldnt have his dna match the sample inside now will it?

The reference must be to the two who were and should still be the prime suspects: Mon and Nomsod. A few others were floated as possible suspects early on, but no sensible person gave it any credence. There were short-lived mentions of a jealous farang boyfriend of David's and other such nonsense, which Thai cops were floating in the hopes enough of the stupid masses might latch on to those ideas. Nearly all Thai and nearly all farang who've been following this case closely, agree that Mon and Nomsod should still be the prime suspects, and if there are any more involved in the crime, they too will be involved with the headman. If British experts are brave enough (and are allowed) to submit their evidence, the headman's people (which could include one or more cops or bouncers at his bars) will likely be implicated. It's clear as day that all efforts by Thai officialdom are trying desperately to stifle or belittle any announcements by the Brit experts. Indeed, Thai officialdom has gotten in a bad habit of SPEAKING ON BEHALF OF Brit experts, while the Brits stay silent.

Posters here have gotten in a bad habit of speaking on behalf of the British experts too.

Alibis were provided and examined on all previous suspects.

Examined by whom? Anyone trustworthy?

• Like 1

NHRC

sort of like a dog without any teeth,, ill lick you to death if you dont come to me

I also keep threatning the kids, if you dont put that phone down while im talking,, ill talk to your mother about you,,

and she'll do nothing

As for mothers. Mine would call me to the dinner table and if I was late, the food was put away and I went to bed hungry.

it must be frustrating when the only people they can call upon to enforce the summons is... the RTP.

NHRC

and she'll do nothing

Had any spankings lately?

yay to the experts on TV.

here is some edumaction for you twits just in case you are ever investigated for anything -:

anyone investigating is not trying to find the truth they are collecting evidence for the prosecution, that is the team in court arguing for a conviction nothing you say to the investigators will help you your time to defend yourself is in court.

the police are a force thats sole purpose is to collect evidence for the prosecution and as such are aware that there is no point entertaining requests to take part in interviews with investigators.

this is true in any country not just Thailand

as for the people that think they know what is going on in this case , wake up to yourselves , your only information is coming from poorly translated media reports. none of us know a damn thing about this case, the guilt of the suspects nor the competency of the investigation team

• Like 1

I have commented once on the Koh Tao case,and ever since then i read 'innocent boys'

Creating a new cult of Burmese scapegoats in all further upcoming cases.

Much is unclear, even the returned UK police is silent.........

Seeking justice is on social media is dangerous, since we, ordinary people don't know anything else then what we tell ourselves from this case.

In the mean time a horrific attack on a foreigner took place in Udon Thani, attacked by 'Copy Cats' of the Koh Tao killers, be.it they are Thai Nationals.

The victim has a 50-50 % chance of surviving..........

T.I.T. in case someone didn't know that yet!

• Like 1

It is a good thing that human rights groups from outside of Thailand are keeping the spotlight on this case. The world is waiting and watching to see how far officials will push this frame-up of the two innocent Burmese boys. Meanwhile, no effort is being made to identify and catch the actual people that did commit that horrific crime.

https://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-the-united-kingdom-independently-investigate-the-horrific-murders-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller/u/8753291?tk=2nNgPK60w-Ddf7bWzfK-32Cuf5wDVOpgpoxkye0KC68&utm_source=petition_update&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=petition_update_email

um, hurro. i believe everyone knows who did it... but you. the person who wore the condom wouldnt have his dna match the sample inside now will it?

Well, hurro to you too. If you know the details, fill us in. The rumor mill from friends who work down there is that it was indeed a rape gang with deep pockets connections, but who did exactly what is still unknown. My post still stands.... No effort is being made to identify and catch the actual people that did commit that horrific crime. The police just want everyone to go away so they can prosecute the two Burmese boys. The human rights groups are the last hope of saving those two poor kids.

• Like 1

jacobvarming post # 54

Sorry, I'm a Newbie... what's BIB..?

''Boys in Brown,'' a reference to the Thai police farce force

And what's the meaning of B2? I don't know that yet....

Second yellow jacket out of the hive.

And??? the meaning of that?

will they listen to the taxi driver that was almost coherced into giving a false testemony ?

Thai officialdom will only listen to anything which does the following: shields the headman's people, and frames the Burmese. Because there's nothing that qualitatively frames the B2, Thai officials have to fabricate evidence, which (is about all) they're good at.

And what's the meaning of B2? I don't know that yet....

B2 = the two Burmese scapegoats

as for the people that think they know what is going on in this case , wake up to yourselves , your only information is coming from poorly translated media reports. none of us know a damn thing about this case, the guilt of the suspects nor the competency of the investigation team

Speak for yourself, dude (is 'outboard' a reference to 'outboard motor' on a boat?). I know a lot about this case, and also know a lot about the 'competency of the investigating team' (your words) ....and it stinks like roadkill skunk.

p.s. no relation to the case, but 'skunk' is a word taken from east coast US Native Americans.

Where have you been hiding?

I hope these are truly the guys who did this terrible crime. As for me I will not take any side until the final chapter of this saga is over. There seems to be many posters who think the cops are in for the money and desperately using these guys as scape goats. I didn't know Thailand expats comprised so many prosecuters or judges. Let us just see the end result before we condemn the Thai judicial system and the police. This is now an international story. I may be wrong in the end but I have a bit of faith that Thai authorites realize the ramifications of stuffing this investigation up in the eyes of the world .We have not heard anything from the team sent to moniter the investigation . They went home either satified that justice has been done or are waiting for the next event to show itself. Anyone who is convinced these guys are inocent before the story is over must also be in the group that thinks there are aliens in area 51 and Bush ordered the twin tower attacks .Anyway lets just have drink and relax and see what happens. We can only know what that is when it is over.

• Like 1

I hope these are truly the guys who did this terrible crime. As for me I will not take any side until the final chapter of this saga is over. There seems to be many posters who think the cops are in for the money and desperately using these guys as scape goats. I didn't know Thailand expats comprised so many prosecuters or judges. Let us just see the end result before we condemn the Thai judicial system and the police. This is now an international story. I may be wrong in the end but I have a bit of faith that Thai authorites realize the ramifications of stuffing this investigation up in the eyes of the world .We have not heard anything from the team sent to moniter the investigation . They went home either satified that justice has been done or are waiting for the next event to show itself. Anyone who is convinced these guys are inocent before the story is over must also be in the group that thinks there are aliens in area 51 and Bush ordered the twin tower attacks .Anyway lets just have drink and relax and see what happens. We can only know what that is when it is over.

Is it not possible that the greater ramification is if they don't stuff up the investigation?

• Like 1

So what about the British police investigators/observers who visited the island, have they said anything yet, have they made any statements?

Or are they gagged because they were guests in the country and must not say anything disrespectful about their hosts and blah, blah, blah....

• Like 1

"The NHRC sub-committee on civil and political rights chaired by Niran had summoned the investigators five times for an explanation on the allegation, he said."

Says a lot when those responsible for enforcing the law, themselves refuse to answer a summons.

Well, not really. It says that the police have no obligation to the National Human Rights Commission - mostly because the National Human Rights Commission has no enforcement powers or subpoena-type powers. The police are unlikely to answer a summons from you, either, or from me - and for exactly the same reason.

There is a very, very, VERY clear chain of command which the police must answer. If anyone in that chain of command demands their presence, such as, oh, for example, the only body currently enforcing the law at the moment, the police will respond or pay a price. Do you think that body might try to make the police accountable, given that the man in charge of enforcing the law carefully chose and appointed the chief of police?

Why would the man in absolute charge of all law enforcement give any power to the Human Rights Commission?

Because no Thai would do such a thing as torture a person to confess?

Correct!

They had a Burmese unaccredited "translator" at hand for the dirty work, in addition to unverifiable translations.

The BIB won't bother to meet the deadline and then what, another of the infamous ' deadline extensions ' then another and ... ?

I'm sure the junta won't order the National Police Chief to ensure compliance since the PM personally backed the investigators to the hilt.

I would imagine it would go to the next stage, they will petition the criminal courts to start proceedings against the police involved.

They won't be able to ignore that.

Silence is basically an admission of guilt. The NHRC have no other choice to accept the reason for not coming in to answer the questions as exactly that..... guilt.

But I believe they can also take this to the UN human rights commission as well. (Which is what they should have done in the first place as soon as the police refused the first time.)

It should surprise me that people from the UK come out with such unmitigated piffle.

The british system of Justice, lauded by human rights advocates for centuries and copied by countries globally, and you basically decide that the right to remain silent is an admission of guilt. Priceless! You're an irredeemable buffoon.

Then again you are probably one of the many fascist deadheads the Uk is so expert in churning out, that your total inability to understand a basic tenet of law comes with the territory.

A little Englander arrives in Thailand, shacks up with some cheap tart, buys a cheap house and spouts like Lord Haw Haw in his new chosen land.

The police are corrupt, the people are corrupt, in fact all of Thailand is a F@#$ Up in your warped little world. Blighty though..well say no more it's that perfect that's why you left.

Do us a favour, if it's so bad bugger off back

Rather than posting xenophobic abuse, perhaps you would like to enlighten us why you believe the police havent made representation to the NHRC.

wai.gif

• Like 1

"But I believe they can also take this to the UN human rights commission as well. (Which is what they should have done in the first place as soon as the police refused the first time.)"

If NHRC does that, they can be arrested for tarnishing the image of Thailand. Face always trumps truth here

Thailand will show the NHRC who is boss or their representatives will get a good beating with rubber hoses, and the officers concerned with the Koh Tao investigation have been moved to an inactive post near the arctic circle and were unavailable for comment I hope that this is a good enough explanation as its case closed at this end, now good bye and thank you for your kind concern.

Meanwhile, no effort is being made to identify and catch the actual people that did commit that horrific crime.

No need to go searching for those responsible for Hannah and David's murders mate..... Everybody know who they are.... their just untouchable at this point of time but Carma is a Bitch, she will come back to bite them in the ass soon as this circus "cover - up to frame the two boys" has now gone far beyond their wildest dreams and it's starting to COST Thailand...... I wonder how far they will go until they actually decide to give up the guilty to face the music ??

Well, lets see how big their balls are.... or rather how much respect they have for the counties future, and all this to only protect "Richy Rich" whistling.gif

I personally think their in too deep already and has NO idea how to keep their heads above water now...wai2.gifblink.png

• Like 1

The RTP have answered a long time ago and said no they did not torture them, and in a coup and a country run under martial law, I don't think they can do anything to the TRP, their complaints will go no where, and whilst there is a case going on they will not turn up.

The RTP have answered a long time ago and said no they did not torture them, and in a coup and a country run under martial law, I don't think they can do anything to the TRP, their complaints will go no where, and whilst there is a case going on they will not turn up.

As Columbo would say, "There is just one thing I don't understand"

So the RTP managed to use enough menace to make the 3 Burmese(yes 3, one already released Maung Maung- google up his story!) confess to a murder they did not commit knowing they would face the death penalty. But during all this persuasive interrogation they could not get the B3 to tell what the murder weapon was, and where did they hide it? Really? Really? It gets more outrageous every time I consider this utter abortion of justice.

• Like 1

As Columbo would say, "There is just one thing I don't understand"

So the RTP managed to use enough menace to make the 3 Burmese(yes 3, one already released Maung Maung- google up his story!) confess to a murder they did not commit knowing they would face the death penalty. But during all this persuasive interrogation they could not get the B3 to tell what the murder weapon was, and where did they hide it? Really? Really? It gets more outrageous every time I consider this utter abortion of justice.

Good point. Not only do the B2 not know about weapons in the crime (neither do Thai cops, btw), they were clueless regarding the reenactment. The photo of the two small guys, both looking flummoxed and pointing one direction, while the Greek chorus of Thai officials all pointed the other way (on the beach at the reenactment) is classic. That could be 'press photo of the year'. It could be a Saturday Night Live skit, were it not so tragic.

Don't expect Thai police to know this, but a reenactment should be just that: a reenactment. In other words, the suspects should be allowed to reenact what they did during the course of committing the crime. Obviously, in this KT case, a real reenactment would have been even more farcical than the show put on by cops at the beach. Unless it was choreographed by cops beforehand, The Burmese boys would have wandered around aimlessly, not knowing what to do.

I think you will find that the Thai cops, and certainly the bigwigs in southern reg. 8 know exactly what weapons were used, and by whom. This has never been in doubt, as it was confirmed in many Thai newspapers and TV stations that the men shown behaving in a strange manner meters from the scene of the crime between 3 and 5am on the fateful morning on CCTV had been detained. What was the price for such tremendous amnesia? Did not one Koh Tao policeman boast in a message to CSI that one shouldn't ask how much baht was paid, one should ask how many millions of baht, or similar provocative BS.

• Like 1