Groupon Food Deals; experiences ?

atyclb

Very good, use them a lot over the years, going today for a Buffet Lunch in Bangkok using them.. Pay and print out coupon/voucher.

One thing would say is if your going as a group check the places 1st, as often the places direct have a deal of go 2 pay 1, or go 4 pay 2, so getting 50% discount via Groupon is rather pointless..

Have also used them for other deals + there are others [websites] that do the same

I have had mixed experiences with them. first one i used was for italian food at sfizio, asoke. the food was great but the staff didn't quite know what to do with the printed voucher. anyway while i was eating they, with the help of the 2 italian guys resolved it and they were all very nice and accommodating. btw, pizza slices there at lunch were only about 40 baht.

second time i used it was for a 149 baht pizza and drink deal on sukumwit soi 8. while logged in to my groupon acct i printed voucher with "pay at bank" option. went to pay at bank and bank kept groupon paper and gave me an official receipt. next at restaurant presented bank receipt. they refused to accept it. told me to get the barcode on voucher. i returned to bank and got a photocopy voucher with barcode. returned to restaurant and they refused to accept voucher with barcode saying it wont scan. they told me i should go home and re-print it. all and well if it was not for 2 trains and a taxi to get home. using a restaurant computer did not seem to be an option. i asked to speak with the owner but was told hes not in and dont know when he will be back. after persistence staff brainstorming they actually phoned the owner, who emerged from a room next door.

owner said first time he used groupon and isn't familiar with using it and initially refused to accept my bank receipt and bank stamped groupon voucher with barcode, the one i had to return to the bank to get. owner feared "20 more people with the same issue as me would show up" as his reason to not accept voucher. he called groupon but didnt want to wait on the phone queue so hung up. said i was the only one thus far with this issue. his concern was not getting paid by groupon and didn't know what else he could do. i told him about my travel to get there and going back to the bank already. i suggested a novel and highly abstract idea to him. 1) risk a pizza and coke 2) let me post a 1000 baht bond cash security to counter his groupon fear. Next i told him i will simply leave and never return as i was fairly disgusted by that point.

before i exited he made the brave decision to risk a pizza and coke. about half way through the meal i got an email with a barcode that the restaurant scanned that corroborated the 2 documents already given to them.

the pizza was decent.